Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kentucky legislature overstepping?
Kentucky legislature wants to decide where to spend Stimulus funds. 

KY GOP got any legs to stand on, or is this just some more failing BS overreach they are trying?
Color me not surprised a bit that a hyperpartisan liberal would be fine with Dems in Congress passing a $1.9T boondoggle with NO Republican votes (and 2 Dem NO votes, which under Dems own definition means BIPARTISAN dissent), but gets upset when a state legislature (you know, that thingy that makes laws in a state) wants to decide how the money will be best spent in their state. Cardfan can't take a poop until Dems in DC, CNN or MSNBC tell him he can.
(03-14-2021, 10:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Color me not surprised a bit that a hyperpartisan liberal would be fine with Dems in Congress passing a $1.9T boondoggle with NO Republican votes (and 2 Dem NO votes, which under Dems own definition means BIPARTISAN dissent), but gets upset when a state legislature (you know, that thingy that makes laws in a state) wants to decide how the money will be best spent in their state. Cardfan can't take a poop until Dems in DC, CNN or MSNBC tell him he can.
But would they still do the same thing if the Governor was a republican ?
^^ It isn't about Republicans and Democrats anyway vector. It's about your side turning against their fellow citizens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-15-2021, 01:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ It isn't about Republicans and Democrats anyway vector. It's about your side turning against their fellow citizens.
Is that what you mean by the acts of Trump's followers on jan 6th
(03-14-2021, 10:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Color me not surprised a bit that a hyperpartisan liberal would be fine with Dems in Congress passing a $1.9T boondoggle with NO Republican votes (and 2 Dem NO votes, which under Dems own definition means BIPARTISAN dissent), but gets upset when a state legislature (you know, that thingy that makes laws in a state) wants to decide how the money will be best spent in their state. Cardfan can't take a poop until Dems in DC, CNN or MSNBC tell him he can.

Oh you talking about the boondoggle some Repubs are praising but didn’t have the courage to vote for?  Further proof Republicans don’t care about Americans; they just care about getting elected.  Democrats voted for the other two stimulus bills Mitch would allow on his desk.  

FWIW, I was talking state politics and particularly the GOP legislature: A group that has proven to be the definition of ignorant and worthless acts. 

Executives generally decide where to spend the stimulus. Moot point now.  This legislature just punted the responsibility down the road.  I guess they were afraid they would lose in court again.