Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Dirt Track Racing
I went this year and had a great time. Paid $60 a day for pit pass+parking which isn't much more than you would pay at a national touring event (Lucas Oil/WOO). I talked to several of the late model drivers and teams who said that it would likely be their last visit to Bristol. Their biggest complaint was the lack of racing that could be done, track prep over watered the track everyday to try and set track record times (which they did). It is fun to see those guys running 15 second hotlap and qualifying times but it does not lead to good racing. Guys were basically getting in line and playing follow the leader until someone would cut down a RF and take down the wall in turn 1 or 3. Which leads me to the next compliant.. Teams could only use 6 times per night so their hands were tied when it came to a lot of set up stuff. It isn't safe to have cars entering a turn at 140+ mph on a used RF tire, Jenson Ford would agree with this along with about 10 other guys who got introduced a concrete wall.

You know there are issues when you have a car count under 30 for a 50K to win race..

With all of this being said XR isn't going to stop the event in the future because they absolutely made bank from all of the streams purchased over the 2 weeks.
Messages In This Thread
Bristol Dirt Track Racing - by Spud6 - 03-14-2021, 09:07 AM
RE: Bristol Dirt Track Racing - by ROCKSOLID69 - 01-15-2022, 03:01 AM
RE: Bristol Dirt Track Racing - by Spud6 - 01-16-2022, 04:39 PM
RE: Bristol Dirt Track Racing - by The Scoop - 04-11-2022, 03:26 PM
RE: Bristol Dirt Track Racing - by Spud6 - 04-12-2022, 11:39 PM