Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I would rather drink beer with...
...Van and OSH than McConnell and Graham.

That's it, that's the post.

Bear with me, more to come....

Me, Hoot, TRT Bob Seger and Granny Bear could make Westside our spokesman and and add a couple more members on here and get Van, OSH, Cardfan and vector to help us and we could get more done in 6 months to help the country than our idiot leaders (don't forget the air quotes)  will ever get done. And have a blast doing it.

Fact
That's a big ole have mercy and a NO DOUBTER !  Politics is ruining this country and dividing us like we were divided 160 years ago. And the thing is, people like McConnell and Schumer couldn't care less as long as they get their political wins.  Do you think McConnell real gives a sh!t  about eastern KY? Do the Washington political elite care how their rhetoric divides the country?  Let's drink a brew, listen to some classic tunes, and give 'em a big old HELL YEAH !!!
(03-21-2021, 12:48 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ...Van and OSH than McConnell and Graham.

Me, Hoot, TRT Bob Seger and Granny Bear could make Westside our spokesman and and add a couple more members on here and get Van, OSH, Cardfan and vector to help us and we could get more done in 6 months to help the country than our idiot leaders (don't forget the air quotes)  will ever get done. And have a blast doing it.

Fact
You had me there until I read "Cardfan and vector."  Big Grin I would rather include Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi on the team and get their opinions first hand. Maybe Van and OSH could draft a couple of BGR inactive liberal members to come out of retirement.

I agree with the concept of replacing all of the current politicians with normal Americans. This country is headed toward a train wreck of epic proportions with either the Democrat or Republican establishment running the train. I think Washington politicians have given up on heading off the catastrophe and are just feathering their own beds for their family and friends. When inflation spins out of control and hyperinflation strikes, I doubt that any sort of democratic form of government can survive.

The saddest thing about this country is that world history includes multiple roadmaps that detail this country's future course. There are many current countries that should be serving as case studies for our elected leadership on what not to do. Venezuela, Cuba, Argentina, Monrovia, Georgia, Albania, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, France....the list goes on and on with countries that have already made the kind of policy blunders that threaten this country's future.
I like dark beer. Just so you know.

Fact

actually I agree with this. 

we care about people.  
These fools care about money. 
We would have some brewskies and solve everything in a few hours.

(03-21-2021, 10:30 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Fact
You had me there until I read "Cardfan and vector."  Big Grin I would rather include Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi on the team and get their opinions first hand. Maybe Van and OSH could draft a couple of BGR inactive liberal members to come out of retirement.

I agree with the concept of replacing all of the current politicians with normal Americans. This country is headed toward a train wreck of epic proportions with either the Democrat or Republican establishment running the train. I think Washington politicians have given up on heading off the catastrophe and are just feathering their own beds for their family and friends. When inflation spins out of control and hyperinflation strikes, I doubt that any sort of democratic form of government can survive.

The saddest thing about this country is that world history includes multiple roadmaps that detail this country's future course. There are many current countries that should be serving as case studies for our elected leadership on what not to do. Venezuela, Cuba, Argentina, Monrovia, Georgia, Albania, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, France....the list goes on and on with countries that have already made the kind of policy blunders that threaten this country's future.

I’m a normal American. I pay taxes.  I function in society.
(03-21-2021, 10:32 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Fact

actually I agree with this. 

we care about people.  
These fools care about money. 
We would have some brewskies and solve everything in a few hours.

(03-21-2021, 10:30 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Fact

I’m a normal American. I pay taxes.  I function in society.
Normal Americans do not hate their country and consistently promote an anti-American agenda.
Hopefully, when this pandemic mess is all in the rear view mirror for good and things return to normal, we will have a couple of good rock concerts scheduled at the Arena . If any of you guys want to come over and take in a show, I'll  buy you all some brewskies before the event.  I think Winger and Firehouse was here a couple week or so ago.   Trace Adkins is scheduled for June but I'll be passing on that.
All this nostalgia for a return to normalcy from you guys. If there is one thing history teaches it's that a culture cannot 'go back.' We've moved the country forward according to the liberal elitists, fundamentally transformed the face of America. We're light years farther down the road than any concerns for virus abatement may have rationally taken us.

Overall, I have bemoaned the hope and change mania from the day I began posting on this forum. Change America, the greatest society on earth to what? Once not so long ago, the JFK years for example, progressive liberals were looked down upon as kooks within the Democrat Party. But they began to gain favor among minorities by exploiting the very social wedge issues that Americans had already come to terms with through the convictions of their own moral dictates. But the tactic has worked so well that libs used it to totally take over the Democrat Party, and later generational Democrats have been taught to look down upon anybody not in agreement with the rationales of liberal-progressive wing of the party. 

We've traded the vision and sacrifice of the Founders for a bowl of pottage. We've undermined, re-litigated and redefined the very Constitutional documents which established the authority under which social change could peacefully and legally occur. We all saw or could read about, the time when America rectified her civil rights short comings and right a great moral wrong. That was a societal reckoning born of a national willingness to do right.

Now, you can insist that 'the people' have to be forcibly regulated and/or legislated into some social conformance by government if you want. I say that is the definition of tyranny. Meaningful change can only occur by choice. Again, America made one such choice, I saw it. Same is true with this ridiculous idea that government can meaningfully control the environment or the spread of a new virus along party lines. Can you define absurd? We will all regret the transformation, and be haunted by what once was normal. We have given up on the only country in the history of humanity in which the citizens had the power of change in their own hands and gave it up to those who could be corrupted by power. It is the Easter season, America has had her "give us Barabbas" moment.

Nonetheless it is good to see this spirit of détente on here. I have always said when the real enemy shows himself, the American  citizenry will all feel as overtaken and self incriminated as when the Principal made his sudden entrance on a high school cafeteria in the midst of a food fight. America will feel embarrassed and stupid but of far more lament, she will be immutably transformed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]