Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 38 Pikeville 6
Final
Good try!
well they beat the #1 team in 4A by basically the same margin..LC is for real..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:well they beat the #1 team in 4A by basically the same margin..LC is for real..

I watched completion after completion for LC. #30 ran faster than anyone ive ever seen in High School.

At least pikeville scored. They were a tough team

congrats LC.....
Pikeville could have and should have made this a close game but there were too many mistakes. The defense played really well the first half and the offense moved the ball really well but made a lot of mistakes near the endzone. LexCath is a very good football team but Pikeville showed a lot of pride and didn't roll over. Great game to watch as well. Very hard hitting and fast paced.
this is definitely the most physical Pikeville team Ive seen in a long time
How did Harmon do?
Congreats LCC
NEXT Wrote:How did Harmon do?
16 carries like 180 yards or so. Did he get injured on his big run? Radio said he was out for a while.
Beef Wrote:16 carries like 180 yards or so. Did he get injured on his big run? Radio said he was out for a while.
I think it may have been cramp or he tweaked something in his upper leg.... he was up and walking tho at the end of the game..
This game was hard fought but should have been closer: Pikeville gave up 3 fumbles inside the 20, one of which was scooped up and scored (the hand off that lineman made by the way was illegal - Coach jackson and Copley yelled about it for a full 10 minutes and LC coach said after the game that it should've been called back). That is a possible 28 point swing.

I was pretty disappointed in Pikeville's line play and their defense in the 2nd half. It seemed like every other time Tim set up for a pass, he was hit by one player, then two or three more after that. The defense did a good job the first half, holding LC to 10 points, but in the 2nd half, they began lunging and grabbing should pads instead of squaring up and hitting.
EASports12 Wrote:This game was hard fought but should have been closer: Pikeville gave up 3 fumbles inside the 20, one of which was scooped up and scored (the hand off that lineman made by the way was illegal - Coach jackson and Copley yelled about it for a full 10 minutes and LC coach said after the game that it should've been called back). That is a possible 28 point swing.

I was pretty disappointed in Pikeville's line play and their defense in the 2nd half. It seemed like every other time Tim set up for a pass, he was hit by one player, then two or three more after that. The defense did a good job the first half, holding LC to 10 points, but in the 2nd half, they began lunging and grabbing should pads instead of squaring up and hitting.
The ref reached for his flag, I have no idea why he didn't call anything it was probably the worst no-call I've ever seen.
Pikeville played with a ton of heart, Harmon continues to impress me everytime I watch him.. it is true that Piekville could have made the score closer without fumbles, conversely, LexCath dropped numerous wide open passes that were sure TD's.

There is no 1A team in the state as athletic as Pikeville... period. That does not mean they are the best 1A team though.
The Panther D is for real..... it impressed me tonight! There were many mistakes on both sides, but the fumble picked up and handed off down-field by LexCath was absolutely the worst no call ever! LexCath has a whale of a team.... they impressed me!!
Beef Wrote:16 carries like 180 yards or so. Did he get injured on his big run? Radio said he was out for a while.

Good, I'm very impressed by his ability and maturity.

I told people 4 years ago he would be a special athlete whether football or basketball and some laughed.....
3 fumbles inside the 20 won't win many if any games. Stupid penalties, lack of execution, and line play killed Pikeville last night. It made me sick to watch a lot of this game.
Pikeville is better than the score shows. LC is a VERY FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND FOOTBALL TEAM to say the least!
Congrats LexCath... Nice try Panthers, I was pulling for you!
NEXT Wrote:Good, I'm very impressed by his ability and maturity.

I told people 4 years ago he would be a special athlete whether football or basketball and some laughed.....

You told people while he was at Virgie that he was gonna be special? Are you related to Daniel?
I watched the game at Pikeville and was very impressed with lc overall speed. This may be the difference in the teams. Pikeville is a team to watch later on in he year.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:You told people while he was at Virgie that he was gonna be special? Are you related to Daniel?

Special athlete in general. Did not get to see him play football, but watched him several times in basketball and he seemed to just have that little something
keep your heads up pikeville
Sounds like Pikeville played their worst game of the year against the best team on their schedule.You cant turn the ball over three times inside your twenty.Game might have been a 21-14 score
i was looking at pikeville to win this one as i believe they have the potential to win state this year, but i guess LC took care of business, pikeville still has a very good team, they need to keep their heads up high.
Good performance for Pikeville. LC is one heck of a team.
cooter Wrote:Good performance for Pikeville. LC is one heck of a team.
To put it bluntly. We laid an egg friday night. We couldnt block, we couldnt tackle, and we couldnt hold on to the ball. If you cant do any of those youre not going to beat a quality team. I dont buy into the whole "Moral Victory" hogwash cause in the real world there is no such thing you either win or you lose. We had all the oppurtunity in the world to at least make a game out of this and squandered ever one we had. I know Coach J and the boys in Maroon will correct these problems and the team will be better for it in the end.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:To put it bluntly. We laid an egg friday night. We couldnt block, we couldnt tackle, and we couldnt hold on to the ball. If you cant do any of those youre not going to beat a quality team. I dont buy into the whole "Moral Victory" hogwash cause in the real world there is no such thing you either win or you lose. We had all the oppurtunity in the world to at least make a game out of this and squandered ever one we had. I know Coach J and the boys in Maroon will correct these problems and the team will be better for it in the end.

Amidst all the "they did a great job" and the "keep your heads up, boys; you fought hard" THIS is the best post in the thread.

Opportunities were a-PLENTY in this game, and 'squandered' is the exact word to use. Really, it's hard to believe that were it not for a couple of fumbles, this game could've been CLOSE in the 4th (still don't know if PHS could've WON it though). That at least says something for their defense.

It's odd to see a team have GREAT fundamentals several weeks (against lesser opponents) and then see how their fundamentals degrade seemingly because the task at hand is tougher.

But I will agree with one other thing in this thread -- the lessons learned in this game COULD have BIG positive consequences on how they play in the future.