Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(8) Loyola Chicago 71 (1) Illinois 58
Folks,   I  like Gonzaga  and would like to see them finally break through and win a title but this Loyola team is the type of team I love to watch play.  Why? Because they play the game the way it's supposed to be played. They sliced and diced Illinois with their precision offense. They are so fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball.  The Ramblers are one of the smartest teams I've seen. Their basketball IQ is off the charts. They are the anti-UK as far as BB IQ goes.   Let's face it, they were simply a better basketball team than Illionois.

With their Final Four appearance in 2018, I think this team has the confidence that they are Final Four worthy. This team is better than the 2018, in my opinion.

Don't be shocked if they are one of the last four standing again.
This is Gonzaga’s to win. But this tournament has been so fun to watch because all these teams are so even. I’d like to seen Kentucky get in. They may have made a run with how wild this has been
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Remember, I said in another thread that if Loyola beats Illinois, WATCH OUT !    The Ramblers play a beautiful brand of basketball. Unless a team just has a phenomenal shooting game, they are going to have trouble ousting Loyola.
(03-22-2021, 01:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Remember, I said in another thread that if Loyola beats Illinois, WATCH OUT !    The Ramblers play a beautiful brand of basketball. Unless a team just has a phenomenal shooting game, they are going to have trouble ousting Loyola.

Loyola is very good. The sets they run get them wide open shots
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-22-2021, 05:48 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 01:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Remember, I said in another thread that if Loyola beats Illinois, WATCH OUT !    The Ramblers play a beautiful brand of basketball. Unless a team just has a phenomenal shooting game, they are going to have trouble ousting Loyola.

I believe they are a legitimate top 10 team.  Those precision offensive sets are a thing of beauty. I could watch it all day.  Plus, they have Sister Jean rooting them on.
(03-22-2021, 08:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 05:48 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

I believe they are a legitimate top 10 team.  Those precision offensive sets are a thing of beauty. I could watch it all day.  Plus, they have Sister Jean rooting them on.

And praying to God with stats from both teams lol
#BBFL
Who ranked the teams in this tournament? Whomever did needs to revise their criteria. :)

I've loved Sister Jean since the first time I saw her in 2018. What a wonderful story!

Go Loyola!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Old School Hound
(03-23-2021, 11:12 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Who ranked the teams in this tournament?  Whomever did needs to revise their criteria.  Smile

I've loved Sister Jean since the first time I saw her in 2018.  What a wonderful story!

Go Loyola!!!

I agree.  When watching the Loyola-Illinois game , did it not seem to you that Loyola should have been the higher seeded team? From the game's outset , Loyola was just clearly better than the Illini.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Granny Bear
They are a joy to watch. And with the way the brackets have crumbled, they have a serious shot at getting back to the Final Four. I think if they get Houston in the elite 8, they will frustrate them just like they did Illinois. Syracuse might actually be the tougher matchup right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Granny Bear