Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bol Kuir Recieves Scholarship From West Virginia University
David and Daryll posted on their Twitter page thst the Belfry big fella has received an offer from Bob Huggins to come play at West Virginia

Nothing on his Twitter or belfrys twitter about it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pretty impressive offer! Wish the young man the best of luck!
Nothing but best wishes for him. Happy to see any of our young athletes get a shot at a free education.
Congratulations to the young man on a tremendous opportunity. But I think his game tonight against Paintsville was a reminder that he has a long, long way to go in his development before he is ready for major college basketball. He couldn’t get better coaching than what he would get under Bob Huggins though and you obviously can’t teach his size.
People seem to forget when watching Bol that this is his first year ever playing organized basketball. He's only been in the US a little over 2 years and grew up playing soccer in South Sudan. His brother is much more developed and D1 ready at this moment but Bol has all the tools D1 coaches look for. Go look up his brother Roman Tut. He is a beast and is the one that was a Belfry but left before the season began and went to Atlanta.
ONLY A JUNIOR BUT BOB HUGGINS WILL PUT SOME WEIGHT ON HIM WITH HIS FAMOUS BUDWESIER DIET. THE KID WILL BE A PROJECT BUT HE IS A HARD WORKER.
I'm excited to see what he will look like next year with a full off-season workout program. He's very raw but he done some things this year on the court that make you understand why WVU has already offered him. Once he learns how dominant his can be with his size I think it will be scary.
He definitely improved in a big way over the season and just looked more comfortable by the end. With a full off season of weight lifting, drills, and scrimmages I can see him getting a lot better for next season. The biggest area he needs to work on is being able to catch the ball cleanly and immediately make a move. Against Paintsville last night he had a couple of instances where he just dropped passes or he would catch the ball and then try to dribble while double teamed. Any time you are that tall just keep the ball up high and never take it down where the little guys can reach in and get a steal. Belfry as a team needs to work on passing the ball up high to him. There was way too many times when they would bounce pass to him or their lobs would be at chest level which would give the shorter defenders a chance to knock it away.
Is Bol Kuir just a junior?
(03-27-2021, 12:25 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: People seem to forget when watching Bol that this is his first year ever playing organized basketball. He's only been in the US a little over 2 years and grew up playing soccer in South Sudan. His brother is much more developed and D1 ready at this moment but Bol has all the tools D1 coaches look for. Go look up his brother Roman Tut. He is a beast and is the one that was a Belfry but left before the season began and went to Atlanta.
Not a insult I promise just a question 
how the heck did a kid from South Sudan end up in belfry Kentucky?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SouthEast18's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(03-27-2021, 12:39 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 12:25 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: People seem to forget when watching Bol that this is his first year ever playing organized basketball. He's only been in the US a little over 2 years and grew up playing soccer in South Sudan. His brother is much more developed and D1 ready at this moment but Bol has all the tools D1 coaches look for. Go look up his brother Roman Tut. He is a beast and is the one that was a Belfry but left before the season began and went to Atlanta.
https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/pre...51215.html

Here is an article on the situation. His legal guardian motioned in this article now lives in the Belfry area. He's a very good kid from what I've been told.
(03-27-2021, 12:39 PM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
I don’t see anything wrong with asking that. Seems to be a Fair question.