Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Racism is alive and well in the party that gave birth to the KKK
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...scue-plan/

“A tiny fraction of the Trump administration’s coronavirus relief for American farmers — just 0.1 percent of the overall package — went to Black farmers, according to Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, who was confirmed in February with strong bipartisan support for a second stint in the role.”

@Hoot Gibson this may be why one reason the administration is trying to dole out payments to black farmers only.

But I’m sure you’re right The Biden administration is racist against Black people and White people. Big Grin
The oppressed race has changed but the method is the same. The Democrats created the KKK to exploit poor black Americans by sowing hatred among white Americans. The modern Democrat Party has one upped the KKK. They still oppress poor black Americans by keeping large numbers of them totally dependent on government entitlements, which also results in widespread hatred of white Americans by blacks. At the same time, programs such as the ones that I have highlighted above in this thread discriminate against white Americans, which creates resentment for the people who receive benefits denied to whites.

Democrats have played the identity politics game for decades to win elections. The result is the violent racism that is evident in the inner cities across this country. Government dependency does not help those that Democrats claim that it helps.
(06-13-2021, 08:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The oppressed race has changed but the method is the same. The Democrats created the KKK to exploit poor black Americans by sowing hatred among white Americans. The modern Democrat Party has one upped the KKK. They still oppress poor black Americans by keeping large numbers of them totally dependent on government entitlements, which also results in widespread hatred of white Americans by blacks. At the same time, programs such as the ones that I have highlighted above in this thread discriminate against white Americans, which creates resentment for the people who receive benefits denied to whites.

Democrats have played the identity politics game for decades to win elections. The result is the violent racism that is evident in the inner cities across this country. Government dependency does not help those that Democrats claim that it helps.
That’s the most ignorant post I’ve ever read. 

You’re discounting millions of black people’s intelligence.
(06-13-2021, 08:32 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 08:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The oppressed race has changed but the method is the same. The Democrats created the KKK to exploit poor black Americans by sowing hatred among white Americans. The modern Democrat Party has one upped the KKK. They still oppress poor black Americans by keeping large numbers of them totally dependent on government entitlements, which also results in widespread hatred of white Americans by blacks. At the same time, programs such as the ones that I have highlighted above in this thread discriminate against white Americans, which creates resentment for the people who receive benefits denied to whites.

You are illustrating my point. You are the one who are discounting black people's intelligence by supporting a system that has trapped them in a life of government dependency. As racist President Creepy China Joe Biden put it, poor kids are just as capable of succeeding as white kids. The thing is, poor people of every race get sucked into Democrats' poverty trap and addicted to government dependency. Democrats simply choose to play up black Americans as victims.

It occurs to me that you have fallen into the same poverty trap and are grateful to your captors. Otherwise, you would not be a liberal Democrat. It is probably a variant of the Stockholm syndrome. You have fallen and can't get up, but actually it is the Democrat Party that has you down and you are too dumb to realize it.
(06-13-2021, 08:58 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You are illustrating my point. You are the one who are discounting black people's intelligence by supporting a system that has trapped them in a life of government dependency. As racist President Creepy China Joe Biden put it, poor kids are just as capable of succeeding as white kids. The thing is, poor people of every race get sucked into Democrats' poverty trap and addicted to government dependency. Democrats simply choose to play up black Americans as victims.

It occurs to me that you have fallen into the same poverty trap and are grateful to your captors. Otherwise, you would not be a liberal Democrat. It is probably a variant of the Stockholm syndrome. You have fallen and can't get up, but actually it is the Democrat Party that has you down and you are too dumb to realize it.
So black people who have had to deal with more adversity than you can imagine can’t figure out when somebody is trying to game them?  Ok.  

you’re out of touch.

Black Americans may have issues with Democrats but they can see they are not being actively oppressed which is unlike the Putin party.  Black Americans just put Uncle Joe Biden in the Oval Office and what is the first thing the Putins do?  

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

but you’re right, Hooter, black America should be aligning themselves with the likes of you.
(06-13-2021, 09:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

So black people who have had to deal with more adversity than you can imagine can’t figure out when somebody is trying to game them?  Ok.  

you’re out of touch.

Black Americans may have issues with Democrats but they can see they are not being actively oppressed which is unlike the Putin party.  Black Americans just put Uncle Joe Biden in the Oval Office and what is the first thing the Putins do?  

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

but you’re right, Hooter, black America should be aligning themselves with the likes of you.
I can recall living in a house with no indoor plumbing and walking up a hollow to an out house as a young boy, asshole. I know a thing or two about adversity myself and I don't need to use my imagination. Despite my family's poverty, my parents worked hard their entire lives and raised us into the middle class. Fortunately, that was before LBJ's Great Society programs started draining the work ethic from many eastern Kentuckians such as yourself. My father did not have the option to lay around during the day and collect an overly generous federal check. He either worked or his family went hungry and would have been forced to turn to private charity.

You don't know shit about how the real world works, Twin Ticks. People like you really make me sick. Eventually, somebody will pay for all of the entitlements that you support and take advantage of. At some point, this country will no longer be able to afford to service the national debt and support deadbeats like you, and that is when the real fireworks will begin in this country.

Now, you have really wasted enough of my time for a week. Sweet dreams, Twin Ticks.
(06-13-2021, 09:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

you’re out of touch.

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

I can recall living in a house with no indoor plumbing and walking up a hollow to an out house as a young boy, asshole. I know a thing or two about adversity myself and I don't need to use my imagination. Despite my family's poverty, my parents worked hard their entire lives and raised us into the middle class. Fortunately, that was before LBJ's Great Society programs started draining the work ethic from many eastern Kentuckians such as yourself. My father did not have the option to lay around during the day and collect an overly generous federal check. He either worked or his family went hungry and would have been forced to turn to private charity.

You don't know shit about how the real world works, Twin Ticks. People like you really make me sick. Eventually, somebody will pay for all of the entitlements that you support and take advantage of. At some point, this country will no longer be able to afford to service the national debt and support deadbeats like you, and that is when the real fireworks will begin in this country.

Now, you have really wasted enough of my time for a week. Sweet dreams, Twin Ticks.
Quooter I believe he has hit a nerve Dammm.

you’re out of touch.

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

Asshole?  Dumbass?  More cuss words Big Grin 
You seem to have a problem with name calling. 

I’m sure I make you sick because I disagree with your bs.  You are too weak to understand another position.  You tell people what they should think with your big fat white privilege. 

I’m not going to pretend to try to educate you on black Americans, but I know this; once you transcended your socio-economic roots you were just like any middle class white american: 
black Americans don’t experience the same.  

ahhh more bs.  You don’t care about the debt.  You just don’t want people who don’t look like you to take taxpayer funds.  
you love the govt entitlements to that grease your palm.

(06-13-2021, 09:34 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 08:32 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: That’s the most ignorant post I’ve ever read. 

you’re out of touch.

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

Yeah, I have.  I’ll be ignored soon Big Grin
(06-13-2021, 09:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 08:32 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: That’s the most ignorant post I’ve ever read. 

you’re out of touch.

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

I’m sure I make you sick because I disagree with your bs.  You are too weak to understand another position.  You tell people what they should think with your big fat white privilege. 

I’m not going to pretend to try to educate you on black Americans, but I know this; once you transcended your socio-economic roots you were just like any middle class white american: 

ahhh more bs.  You don’t care about the debt.  You just don’t want people who don’t look like you to take taxpayer funds.  

(06-13-2021, 08:58 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You are illustrating my point. You are the one who are discounting black people's intelligence by supporting a system that has trapped them in a life of government dependency. As racist President Creepy China Joe Biden put it, poor kids are just as capable of succeeding as white kids. The thing is, poor people of every race get sucked into Democrats' poverty trap and addicted to government dependency. Democrats simply choose to play up black Americans as victims.

you’re out of touch.

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

I thought you were already on the sh!t list.  That's disappointing.   Maybe you will go back on soon. Keep your fingers crossed.   LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(06-13-2021, 10:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 08:58 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: You are illustrating my point. You are the one who are discounting black people's intelligence by supporting a system that has trapped them in a life of government dependency. As racist President Creepy China Joe Biden put it, poor kids are just as capable of succeeding as white kids. The thing is, poor people of every race get sucked into Democrats' poverty trap and addicted to government dependency. Democrats simply choose to play up black Americans as victims.

you’re out of touch.

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

(06-13-2021, 09:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So black people who have had to deal with more adversity than you can imagine can’t figure out when somebody is trying to game them?  Ok.  

you’re out of touch.

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

I thought you were already on the sh!t list.  That's disappointing.   Maybe you will go back on soon. Keep your fingers crossed.   LOL
I was, and then he came back in the yard to play. I wonder if he white mansplains his knowledge of this Biden racism to his black coworkers.
(06-13-2021, 10:48 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 09:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So black people who have had to deal with more adversity than you can imagine can’t figure out when somebody is trying to game them?  Ok.  

you’re out of touch.

i know…I know 

make voting harder. 

(06-13-2021, 09:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I can recall living in a house with no indoor plumbing and walking up a hollow to an out house as a young boy, asshole. I know a thing or two about adversity myself and I don't need to use my imagination. Despite my family's poverty, my parents worked hard their entire lives and raised us into the middle class. Fortunately, that was before LBJ's Great Society programs started draining the work ethic from many eastern Kentuckians such as yourself. My father did not have the option to lay around during the day and collect an overly generous federal check. He either worked or his family went hungry and would have been forced to turn to private charity.

I was, and then he came back in the yard to play. I wonder if he white mansplains his knowledge of this Biden racism to his black coworkers.

The man definitely throws downs some knowledge on Biden's racism. Pretty impressive for a guy from EKY who looks like me. He probably stayed at a Holiday Inn Express... er, I mean Uncle Tom's Cabin , last night.  Probably watched Gregory Peck in To kill a Mockingbird on the tube. The guy knows what he's talking about.  LOL
  • Cardfan1
(06-13-2021, 11:14 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 10:48 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 09:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I can recall living in a house with no indoor plumbing and walking up a hollow to an out house as a young boy, asshole. I know a thing or two about adversity myself and I don't need to use my imagination. Despite my family's poverty, my parents worked hard their entire lives and raised us into the middle class. Fortunately, that was before LBJ's Great Society programs started draining the work ethic from many eastern Kentuckians such as yourself. My father did not have the option to lay around during the day and collect an overly generous federal check. He either worked or his family went hungry and would have been forced to turn to private charity.

(06-13-2021, 09:34 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter I believe he has hit a nerve Dammm.

The man definitely throws downs some knowledge on Biden's racism. Pretty impressive for a guy from EKY who looks like me. He probably stayed at a Holiday Inn Express... er, I mean Uncle Tom's Cabin , last night.  Probably watched Gregory Peck in To kill a Mockingbird on the tube. The guy knows what he's talking about.  LOL
Big Grin Big Grin 
nice, Hound ! 

Hooter is a regular white savior.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • vector#1
[Image: https://media.gab.com/system/accounts/av...362F0.jpeg]
Allen West

Happy Juneteenth  folks, it’s the day when Blacks in Texas learned that they were free, June 19, 1865 in Galveston.

But what does today mean?

It’s the day when Blacks found out that the first Republican President had signed the Emancipation Proclamation freeing them from the physical bondage of the Democrat Party. It was two years later, on July 4th 1867, that 150 of those same Black men met in Houston and established the Republican Party of Texas. The Democrats, in response, established the Ku Klux Klan.

Today, the Democrats are economically enslaving Blacks and have turned inner city communities into modern plantations of welfare and economic dependence.

Juneteenth  is a celebration of why the Republican Party was established in 1854, the abolition of slavery. Only a flaming incompetent idiot would give the party of the jackass any credit for Juneteenth .
(06-19-2021, 02:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [Image: https://media.gab.com/system/accounts/av...362F0.jpeg]
Allen West

Happy Juneteenth  folks, it’s the day when Blacks in Texas learned that they were free, June 19, 1865 in Galveston.

It’s the day when Blacks found out that the first Republican President had signed the Emancipation Proclamation freeing them from the physical bondage of the Democrat Party. It was two years later, on July 4th 1867, that 150 of those same Black men met in Houston and established the Republican Party of Texas. The Democrats, in response, established the Ku Klux Klan.

Today, the Democrats are economically enslaving Blacks and have turned inner city communities into modern plantations of welfare and economic dependence.

Juneteenth  is a celebration of why the Republican Party was established in 1854, the abolition of slavery. Only a flaming incompetent idiot would give the party of the jackass any credit for Juneteenth .
Quooter after passage of the civil rights act the Klan switched to the Republican Party.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(06-19-2021, 02:33 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 02:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [Image: https://media.gab.com/system/accounts/av...362F0.jpeg]
Allen West

Quooter after passage of the civil rights act the Klan switched to the Republican Party.
Democrats have always been the oppressors of black Americans. Of course you would believe the claim that Democrats and Republicans suddenly switched party rosters. What a dummy you are. I just have to remember that you are intended to be the "dumber" part of the Twin Ticks "dumb and dumber" act - but Twin Ticks is incapable of creating intelligent posts. Dumb is as good as it gets and your posts do not even rise to that level.
[Image: https://media.gab.com/system/accounts/av...362F0.jpeg]

Gibby pulling a Trump card :  "Look at my African-American over there."   LOL
  • vector#1
(06-19-2021, 03:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [Image: https://media.gab.com/system/accounts/av...362F0.jpeg]

Gibby pulling a Trump card :  "Look at my African-American over there."   LOL
You are a creep. My guess is that you are the bigot in your family.
(06-19-2021, 02:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Allen West

Democrats have always been the oppressors of black Americans. Of course you would believe the claim that Democrats and Republicans suddenly switched party rosters. What a dummy you are. I just have to remember that you are intended to be the "dumber" part of the Twin Ticks "dumb and dumber" act - but Twin Ticks is incapable of creating intelligent posts. Dumb is as good as it gets and your posts do not even rise to that level.
Quooter the FACTS are Democrats controlled the south for many years. When LBJ got his civil rights bill passed it's been GQP ever since.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(06-19-2021, 05:08 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
Allen West

Quooter the FACTS are Democrats controlled the south for many years. When LBJ got his civil rights bill passed it's been GQP ever since.
The fact is that the Republican Party provided the votes that allowed the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Democrat segregationists were on the losing side. BTW, LBJ was a racist but he cared more about votes and power than race.
Those of you who voted for racist China Joe Biden and have defended his racist, crackhead son in this forum have lost all moral standing to accuse anybody else of racism. The Democrat Party was the party that exploited racism for political and financial gain before, during, and after the Civil War. I do not expect that to change in my lifetime.

[Image: http://www.noslavelabor.com/img/laptopfromhell1.png]
(06-19-2021, 05:51 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Allen West

The fact is that the Republican Party provided the votes that allowed the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Democrat segregationists were on the losing side. BTW, LBJ was a racist but he cared more about votes and power than race.
Which group is still flying the “Stars and Bars”?  Who is trying to protect the “Heritage” of the Confederate traitors?  

I know !! I know!!! I Know!!!

the modern day traitors—-Trumpublicans!! 

Give up on this obtuse argument that the modern Dems are the party of the confederacy and the KKk. It makes you look stupid or an obvious hack, Hooter. 

Also you never answered how Biden can be racist against White and Black Americans. ??
  • vector#1
(06-26-2021, 11:07 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 02:33 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter after passage of the civil rights act the Klan switched to the Republican Party.
Which group is still flying the “Stars and Bars”?  Who is trying to protect the “Heritage” of the Confederate traitors?  

Give up on this obtuse argument that the modern Dems are the party of the confederacy and the KKk. It makes you look stupid or an obvious hack, Hooter. 

Also you never answered how Biden can be racist against White and Black Americans. ??
I have thoroughly answered the question of how Biden can be a racist and exploit the division that he helped create between Blacks and Whites. You are just too dumb to understand the answer. LBJ was a racist who oppressed Blacks with the soft bigotry of low expectations and China Joe's race exploitation strategy is straight from LBJ's playbook.
(06-26-2021, 12:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 02:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Democrats have always been the oppressors of black Americans. Of course you would believe the claim that Democrats and Republicans suddenly switched party rosters. What a dummy you are. I just have to remember that you are intended to be the "dumber" part of the Twin Ticks "dumb and dumber" act - but Twin Ticks is incapable of creating intelligent posts. Dumb is as good as it gets and your posts do not even rise to that level.

I have thoroughly answered the question of how Biden can be a racist and exploit the division that he helped create between Blacks and Whites. You are just too dumb to understand the answer. LBJ was a racist who oppressed Blacks with the soft bigotry of low expectations and China Joe's race exploitation strategy is straight from LBJ's playbook.
No one can be racist against white and black. 
Exploiting division would be what Conservatives news and fake intellectuals like Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, Steven Crowder, etc. have been doing. 

So who is still supporting the stars and bars heritage, Hooter?  Do you?  You got your confederate flag still flying in your mom’s basement?
(06-27-2021, 01:06 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 05:08 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter the FACTS are Democrats controlled the south for many years. When LBJ got his civil rights bill passed it's been GQP ever since.

Exploiting division would be what Conservatives news and fake intellectuals like Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, Steven Crowder, etc. have been doing. 

So who is still supporting the stars and bars heritage, Hooter?  Do you?  You got your confederate flag still flying in your mom’s basement?
You cannot support your argument, so you launch another totally unfounded personal attack. You are indeed a feeble minded individual. One does not have to be a racist to sign racist legislation into law. Joe Biden is a racist who will sign anything that he is told to sign. Presidents are always surrounded by a large support team but if he had not grown wealthy through decades of corruption in the Senate and as a VP, Biden would require an assisted living arrangement, at a minimum, to survive.
(06-27-2021, 09:15 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 05:51 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The fact is that the Republican Party provided the votes that allowed the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Democrat segregationists were on the losing side. BTW, LBJ was a racist but he cared more about votes and power than race.

You cannot support your argument, so you launch another totally unfounded personal attack. You are indeed a feeble minded individual. One does not have to be a racist to sign racist legislation into law. Joe Biden is a racist who will sign anything that he is told to sign. Presidents are always surrounded by a large support team but if he had not grown wealthy through decades of corruption in the Senate and as a VP, Biden would require an assisted living arrangement, at a minimum, to survive.
Heritage or Hate, Hooter? Is that Dems or Grand Old Putins?
  • vector#1
The Biden administration loses another round in court in its attempt to provide farm relief based on skin color.

Judge Blocks Biden Administration's Racist Farm Relief Plan
(06-28-2021, 07:52 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-27-2021, 09:15 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:07 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Which group is still flying the “Stars and Bars”?  Who is trying to protect the “Heritage” of the Confederate traitors?  

Heritage or Hate, Hooter? Is that Dems or Grand Old Putins?
Here you go Quooter and the other 2 Trumpsters on here your King needs you especially your money.
(06-19-2021, 02:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Democrats have always been the oppressors of black Americans. Of course you would believe the claim that Democrats and Republicans suddenly switched party rosters. What a dummy you are. I just have to remember that you are intended to be the "dumber" part of the Twin Ticks "dumb and dumber" act - but Twin Ticks is incapable of creating intelligent posts. Dumb is as good as it gets and your posts do not even rise to that level.

You need to do a little research on LBJ.  I was wrong about him myself for many years, until I took the time to read up on all the good he did involving Civil Rights, much to the dismay of a large block of his own Party.  I will include a copy of links, although I'm pretty sure that you won't bother reading them.

https://www.archives.gov/publications/pr...act-1.html

Then, serving notice on his fellow southern Democrats that they were in for a fight, he said: "We have talked long enough in this country about equal rights. We have talked for one hundred years or more. It is time now to write the next chapter, and to write it in the books of law."

https://www.whitehousehistory.org/president-johnson-and-civil-rights

President Johnson also made two political appointments–Robert Weaver as secretary of Housing and Urban Development and Thurgood Marshall as associate Supreme Court justice. For the first time African Americans had positions in the Cabinet and on the Supreme Court. President Johnson appointed more black judges than any president before him and opened the White House not only to black athletes and performers but also to black religious, civic and political leaders in significant numbers.
(07-09-2021, 02:45 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 05:08 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter the FACTS are Democrats controlled the south for many years. When LBJ got his civil rights bill passed it's been GQP ever since.

You need to do a little research on LBJ.  I was wrong about him myself for many years, until I took the time to read up on all the good he did involving Civil Rights, much to the dismay of a large block of his own Party.  I will include a copy of links, although I'm pretty sure that you won't bother reading them.

Then, serving notice on his fellow southern Democrats that they were in for a fight, he said: "We have talked long enough in this country about equal rights. We have talked for one hundred years or more. It is time now to write the next chapter, and to write it in the books of law."

President Johnson also made two political appointments–Robert Weaver as secretary of Housing and Urban Development and Thurgood Marshall as associate Supreme Court justice. For the first time African Americans had positions in the Cabinet and on the Supreme Court. President Johnson appointed more black judges than any president before him and opened the White House not only to black athletes and performers but also to black religious, civic and political leaders in significant numbers.
You are right. I am not interested in reading the revised history of LBJ. He was a racist that did get some legislation passed that was popular among most Americans and black Americans in particular. LBJ was a very skilled politician who pursued a well planned strategy to lock down the votes of black Americans for generations and he admitted it and used the "N" word in his celebratory admission.

You probably recall years ago when Reds owner Marge Schott said that even Hitler did some good things when he started out. I agreed with her then and I still think that she was right about Hitler. That is not praising Hitler, as she was accused of doing at the time, it is just stating a fact. Even the most evil, brutal dictators usually have to do some good to build a base of support. Germany's economy was a wreck as Hitler began his rise to power and he helped put people back to work. Hitler's good works were certainly far outweighed by the evil acts that he committed as he rose to power and then tightened his grip on Germany by waging genocide against German Jews and other ethnic minorities.

Marge Schott was a racist who helped many people during her lifetime through charitable donations to some very good causes. But her good works did not change the fact that she was considered a racist in her own time.

Many white Americans of LBJ's generation were racists and LBJ was one of them. As is often the case, some of LBJ's good acts were done to further his political career and for the good of the party. I don't condemn LBJ for being a racist product of his time and environment but I do question his motives for getting the Civil Rights Act and the Great Society programs signed into law. I also question whether many of the programs he signed into law did more long term damage to Black families than good. IMO, LBJ's War on Poverty have been devastating to areas like eastern Kentucky and to this nation's inner cities.

Kevin McCarthy recently observed that the men portrayed by most statues that have been taken down in this country were Democrats. I view toppling statues as part of the left's efforts to revise history by judging historical figures by today's moral standards. It sets a dangerous precedent. LBJ was a racist, but you cannot judge a man out of the context of his own time. Black Americans of his time viewed LBJ very favorably. I did not share their opinion of Johnson but I do not support erasing anybody from history.

Historians have an obligation to portray people as objectively as possible through the lens of the time in which they lived. Hitler was a monster in his own time. Schott was a racist in her own time. LBJ was a racist by today's standards but was not widely considered a racist in his own time. Everybody is entitled to be judged by that standard and by the impact that their actions have on future generations. Liberals who want to judge LBJ by those standards should also judge our founding fathers from the same perspective.
(07-09-2021, 02:45 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

Good post.  This kind of information doesn't show up on GAB so I expect Gibson will continue believing what he wrote.  Johnson may have been a b@st#rd but it doesn't appear he was a racist b@st#rd.