Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Racism is alive and well in the party that gave birth to the KKK
(07-09-2021, 02:45 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 12:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 11:07 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 05:51 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(06-19-2021, 05:08 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter the FACTS are Democrats controlled the south for many years. When LBJ got his civil rights bill passed it's been GQP ever since.
The fact is that the Republican Party provided the votes that allowed the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Democrat segregationists were on the losing side. BTW, LBJ was a racist but he cared more about votes and power than race.
Which group is still flying the “Stars and Bars”?  Who is trying to protect the “Heritage” of the Confederate traitors?  

I know !! I know!!! I Know!!!

the modern day traitors—-Trumpublicans!! 

Give up on this obtuse argument that the modern Dems are the party of the confederacy and the KKk. It makes you look stupid or an obvious hack, Hooter. 

Also you never answered how Biden can be racist against White and Black Americans. ??
I have thoroughly answered the question of how Biden can be a racist and exploit the division that he helped create between Blacks and Whites. You are just too dumb to understand the answer. LBJ was a racist who oppressed Blacks with the soft bigotry of low expectations and China Joe's race exploitation strategy is straight from LBJ's playbook.

You need to do a little research on LBJ.  I was wrong about him myself for many years, until I took the time to read up on all the good he did involving Civil Rights, much to the dismay of a large block of his own Party.  I will include a copy of links, although I'm pretty sure that you won't bother reading them.

https://www.archives.gov/publications/pr...act-1.html

Then, serving notice on his fellow southern Democrats that they were in for a fight, he said: "We have talked long enough in this country about equal rights. We have talked for one hundred years or more. It is time now to write the next chapter, and to write it in the books of law."

https://www.whitehousehistory.org/president-johnson-and-civil-rights

President Johnson also made two political appointments–Robert Weaver as secretary of Housing and Urban Development and Thurgood Marshall as associate Supreme Court justice. For the first time African Americans had positions in the Cabinet and on the Supreme Court. President Johnson appointed more black judges than any president before him and opened the White House not only to black athletes and performers but also to black religious, civic and political leaders in significant numbers.
You are right. I am not interested in reading the revised history of LBJ. He was a racist that did get some legislation passed that was popular among most Americans and black Americans in particular. LBJ was a very skilled politician who pursued a well planned strategy to lock down the votes of black Americans for generations and he admitted it and used the "N" word in his celebratory admission.

You probably recall years ago when Reds owner Marge Schott said that even Hitler did some good things when he started out. I agreed with her then and I still think that she was right about Hitler. That is not praising Hitler, as she was accused of doing at the time, it is just stating a fact. Even the most evil, brutal dictators usually have to do some good to build a base of support. Germany's economy was a wreck as Hitler began his rise to power and he helped put people back to work. Hitler's good works were certainly far outweighed by the evil acts that he committed as he rose to power and then tightened his grip on Germany by waging genocide against German Jews and other ethnic minorities.

Marge Schott was a racist who helped many people during her lifetime through charitable donations to some very good causes. But her good works did not change the fact that she was considered a racist in her own time.

Many white Americans of LBJ's generation were racists and LBJ was one of them. As is often the case, some of LBJ's good acts were done to further his political career and for the good of the party. I don't condemn LBJ for being a racist product of his time and environment but I do question his motives for getting the Civil Rights Act and the Great Society programs signed into law. I also question whether many of the programs he signed into law did more long term damage to Black families than good. IMO, LBJ's War on Poverty have been devastating to areas like eastern Kentucky and to this nation's inner cities.

Kevin McCarthy recently observed that the men portrayed by most statues that have been taken down in this country were Democrats. I view toppling statues as part of the left's efforts to revise history by judging historical figures by today's moral standards. It sets a dangerous precedent. LBJ was a racist, but you cannot judge a man out of the context of his own time. Black Americans of his time viewed LBJ very favorably. I did not share their opinion of Johnson but I do not support erasing anybody from history.

Historians have an obligation to portray people as objectively as possible through the lens of the time in which they lived. Hitler was a monster in his own time. Schott was a racist in her own time. LBJ was a racist by today's standards but was not widely considered a racist in his own time. Everybody is entitled to be judged by that standard and by the impact that their actions have on future generations. Liberals who want to judge LBJ by those standards should also judge our founding fathers from the same perspective.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Racism is alive and well in the party that gave birth to the KKK - by Hoot Gibson - 07-09-2021, 07:33 PM