Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 72 Betsy Layne 55
Betsy Layne just got dominated in this one
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Eagles just too good tonight missing Frazier and that consistency didn’t help the bobcats. Vanhoose is a great player. Still a great season for BL gotta be one of the favorites going into next season very proud of them. Good luck to Johnson central tomorrow night.
Just a solid win for JC. Betsy Layne just didn’t have enough offense without Jordan Frazier. But they have a lot of these kids back next year so their future is bright.
Congrats Johnson Central. The Bobcats will be back next year.
East Ridge will be #1 team pre season next year followed by Betsy layne and pikeville

Remember what happened to Johnson central last time they went to the sweet 16? They got embarassed in 1st game by Lou. Trinity. CENTRAL is too slow. Will get beat in 1st round again this year. Maybe they will have more than 6 points at halftime this time. A 4A SCHOOL AND ONLY SCORE 6 POINTS IN THE HALF. MAYBE THEY SHOULD RECRUIT LIKE THEIR SOFTBALL TEAM?
(03-27-2021, 05:34 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: East Ridge will be #1 team pre season next year followed by Betsy layne and pikeville

Remember what happened to Johnson central last time they went to the sweet 16? They got embarassed in 1st game by Lou. Trinity. CENTRAL is too slow. Will get beat in 1st round again this year. Maybe they will have more than 6 points at halftime this time. A 4A SCHOOL AND ONLY SCORE 6 POINTS IN THE HALF. MAYBE THEY SHOULD RECRUIT LIKE THEIR SOFTBALL TEAM?
You sound like you have a mouthful of sour grapes. If a team gets embarrassed in the Sweet 16, then how embarrassing is it for your team to have not made the trip?  Big Grin

Depending on the draw, many mountain teams have lost by wide margins in the Sweet 16 but those teams can still look back on very successful seasons and a regional championship. It is wrong to disparage the accomplishments of a high school team because the team that you supported lost. JC was fast enough to make it to the regional finals. I will be supporting the winner of tonight's game in the state tournament because that is the classy thing for all 15th Region fans to do.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • 2000PHS, Blue_Bird96
Every time you make a post Warriorhawk, u ignorance shines through!!!
(03-27-2021, 05:34 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: East Ridge will be #1 team pre season next year followed by Betsy layne and pikeville

This is just the silliest possible comment. JC did get beat bad by Trinity that year but I would hate to think what would have happened to other teams from the 15th if they had made it. JC has actually won a couple of games in the sweet 16 which a lot of schools in the 15th region has never accomplished.

I agree that East Ridge, BL, and Pikeville will all be in the top 5 but I think you are forgetting that Belfry should have Sal Dean, Bol Kuir, and DeMahjae Clark back next year. Also Paintsville will have the Fugate brothers back and Baron Ratliff. Any time you have a scoring duo like Colby and Connor Fugate you are going to make some noise.
Also Tharp is coming back next season. Taking advantage of extra year due to COVID. IMO this makes Tigers front runners again next season!!
(03-28-2021, 08:27 AM)Budsqueezer Wrote: Also Tharp is coming back next season. Taking advantage of extra year due to COVID. IMO this makes Tigers front runners again next season!!

Wow. I hadn't heard that. Tharp coming back would be a huge boost for the Tigers to repeat. I truly believe Tharp is one of the most underappreciated players in the 15th region - he's averaging 13 ppg, does not turn the ball over at point guard, and shots over 50% from the field. If Pikeville can stay healthy next year it will be a battle between them, Paintsville, and East Ridge.
(03-28-2021, 11:06 AM)Mister D Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 08:27 AM)Budsqueezer Wrote: Also Tharp is coming back next season. Taking advantage of extra year due to COVID. IMO this makes Tigers front runners again next season!!

Wow. I hadn't heard that. Tharp coming back would be a huge boost for the Tigers to repeat. I truly believe Tharp is one of the most underappreciated players in the 15th region - he's averaging 13 ppg, does not turn the ball over at point guard, and shots over 50% from the field. If Pikeville can stay healthy next year it will be a battle between them, Paintsville, and East Ridge.
Totally agree about Tharp. He’s one of the most underrated players in the 15th region. Love his game, he’s a true floor general.

long time off but next year already looks fun 

Paintsville, BL , Pikeville, ER all will return most of their teams
(03-28-2021, 11:46 AM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 11:06 AM)Mister D Wrote:

Totally agree about Tharp. He’s one of the most underrated players in the 15th region. Love his game, he’s a true floor general.

long time off but next year already looks fun 

Paintsville, BL , Pikeville, ER all will return most of their teams
We hear on social media all the time that this school has the best backcourt and that school has the best PG. In the 15th Region I will take Braxton Tharp any day of the week. Long, Athletic, protects the ball and can get to the rim and finish as good as anyone. Great on ball defender also. I’ve never seen this kid ever lose his composure. Put Colby in the back court with him and I’m not sure how anyone can say they have a better backcourt duo. Hopefully these boys can make some noise in Lexington and take it to Boyle Co