Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 40 Clay Co. 37
Congratulations to the Cougars!

Pulling off the big win on the road.

3-1 baby..... this is the start to a good season!

Once again, congrats! :Clap:
well, i was close, i picked it 46-38 LCC.......congrats LCC, great win!!
BTW:
Did I recall something in a different topic about Letcher Central never beating anyone with a winning record??

Clay County High School as of 9/14 (before the LCC game)
Aug 24, '07Lynn CampKnox Central63- 38(W)Pioneer Bowl
Aug 31, '07HazardHazard33- 34(L)C. Vernon Cooper Pride of the Mountains Classic
Sep 7, '07North LaurelNorth Laurel34- 17(W)

Looks like 2-1.
You are very right. They had not until tonight, but the season is not over and clay co could go 2-8. Congrats to LCC, and their coaching staff
Big road win Cougars! A win that this program needed! I am telling you, and have said it all along, that this team could have something special this year, and def. for the next 4-5 for sure! Congrats Cougars!
Congrats LCC!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Cougars
Congrats Cougars!
We Got down 30-13 at half and then everyone on our team sucked it up and pulled a great comeback!
This is a prime example of what a difference it makes if a team belives in their own ability and the fans are dedicated enough to make a long drive and support their team, even if they are serious underdogs.

as for the issue of the LCC cougars being underrated. I think that is yet to be seen. Granted they played a great ball game yesterday, its just one game. and before they even begin to recieve the respect that they are calling for they will have to consistentley beat solid teams. this game will be a real confidence booster and IMO will carry over next Friday against North Laurel. The boys can take this one of two ways. One they can accept this as an illustration of their potental as a truley competetive ball club, or two they can come out in the following weeks believing that they dont have to try anymore because they beat the top team in the district. If the ladder occures then the cougars will recieve a rude awakening from the likes of North Laurel, Whitley, and Leslie County who are all solid teams. IMO the Cougars are more than capable of winning all three of these matchups. but if and only if they can take this big Clay County road victory and put it to use through out the following weeks of practice.

Go Cougars. Get it done
Winning at Clay Co is no easy task regardless of their record. Missed most from the lack of radio reception. Great win.
UKisN1 Wrote:Winning at Clay Co is no easy task regardless of their record. Missed most from the lack of radio reception. Great win.

You tell no lies my friend, but suprisingley the reffing was very good for the most part, a few bad spots all most changed the entire game. A miscommunication from LCC coatches to the ref trying to call a time out, Gave clay county the go ahead to score on a big 4th down in the first quarter. But no refs are going to call a perfect game. alls well that ends well i suppose though.......if your LCC that is :letsparty
Congratrs Cougars! Yoou guys did it, and I'm proud for you and the program. I believe that I ahve ate crow!!!!Big Grin