4. Breathitt
3. Belfry
2. Bell Co.
1. Johnson Central
how does sc drop 2 places
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They dropped 1
And I guess they felt like other teams were more deserving
Prestonsburg was 10th last week and won their game this week by 30 and they drop out. Oh well. Rankings suck anyways. Smile
BCF4L Wrote:Prestonsburg was 10th last week and won their game this week by 30 and they drop out. Oh well. Rankings suck anyways. Smile

yea really, we win by 30 and go to 3-1 and we get kicked out?
its all politics:ChairHit:
never really trusted wymt polls. too political if you ask me
this is a joke
what happen to p-burg? those rankings are a joke.
Pulaski beat Mercer Co. and knocked P'burg out.
IMO, I don't think the Somerset, Puluski and Corbin and Laruel County teams should be considered "Mountain Teams."
blackcat_student Wrote:IMO, I don't think the Somerset, Puluski and Corbin and Laruel County teams should be considered "Mountain Teams."

The "Mountain Teams" are teams that are in the 26 counties that WYMT covers.

The Top 10 looks solid to me. There are several teams that could be considered.

Cumberland
Evarts
Letcher Co. Central
Lynn Camp
Middlesboro
Prestonsburg
Pike Co. Central
Shelby Valley
South Laurel
Southwestern
Somerset
This poll is pretty rediculous.

Pburg drops out after a win and Pikeville drops 3 after a loss to LexCath.
[quote=EASports12]This poll is pretty rediculous.

Pburg drops out after a win and Pikeville drops 3 after a loss to LexCath.[/quote]

I don't think anyone at Pikeville cares about the mountain top 10...the only ranking that matters is the one in December.
P-Villain! Wrote:I don't think anyone at Pikeville cares about the mountain top 10...the only ranking that matters is the one in December.
Exactly
p burg should be in and sc should be farther up
I don't think that you can knock P-burg out after a huge win and keep Pikeville in after getting murdered. This is just a bad move. It would be like having Michigan still ranked just because a long time ago they were good. Pikeville has no district. Their non-district games need to be harder for them to be considered a top team.
launchpad4 Wrote:I don't think that you can knock P-burg out after a huge win and keep Pikeville in after getting murdered. This is just a bad move. It would be like having Michigan still ranked just because a long time ago they were good. Pikeville has no district. Their non-district games need to be harder for them to be considered a top team.
Are you serious? They scheduled Ashland, Louisviille Holy Cross, Belfry, Lexington Catholic, and Prestonsburg. Try finding some better programs in the state than that. Who would you like to see on their non-district schedule? Here's one Saint X (Cincinnatti #3 in the nation), Trinity (Louisville), St. X (Louisville), Johnson Central, and DuPont Manual. I guess then they would have a good non-district schedule right? Please.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Are you serious? They scheduled Ashland, Louisviille Holy Cross, Belfry, Lexington Catholic, and Prestonsburg. Try finding some better programs in the state than that. Who would you like to see on their non-district schedule? Here's one Saint X (Cincinnatti #3 in the nation), Trinity (Louisville), St. X (Louisville), Johnson Central, and DuPont Manual. I guess then they would have a good non-district schedule right? Please.
Let's look at Prestonsburg's non-district: Betsy Layne, Painstville, Pikeville, Beechwood (ALL 4 CLASS A), and Perry Central. Perry Central is nowhere near the level of LexCath or Belfry. So, if anyone's non-district needs to improve it is Prestonsburg.
When is the Pburg-Pikeville game and where is it at????
OnCeABobcat Wrote:When is the Pburg-Pikeville game and where is it at????
it is at Pikeville on October 12
launchpad4 Wrote:I don't think that you can knock P-burg out after a huge win and keep Pikeville in after getting murdered. This is just a bad move. It would be like having Michigan still ranked just because a long time ago they were good. Pikeville has no district. Their non-district games need to be harder for them to be considered a top team.
Pikeville's non-district schedule is one of the toughest in the state. Lex Cath is one of the top ten teams in the state, and if it weren't for 3 fumbles inside the 20 and some BS calls from the refs this game would have been a lot closer.
bigpun Wrote:Pikeville's non-district schedule is one of the toughest in the state. Lex Cath is one of the top ten teams in the state, and if it weren't for 3 fumbles inside the 20 and some BS calls from the refs this game would have been a lot closer.

Yeah, I don't agree with launchpad4's statement either. Pikeville has played and beat Louisville Holy Cross and Ashland, and lost to the #1 ranked 4A team in the state. I believe Holy Cross was also ranked ahead of Pikeville going in to their game. It's hard to say that Pikeville's non-district schedule isn't tough.

And in no way is it like Michigan losing to App. State...that argument is ridiculous. App. State was not ranked and they upset a top ten team in the nation.....Lex. Cath is #1 in 4A and they beat Pikeville....Pikeville wasn't supposed to win according to these rankings, unlike Michigan who was SUPPOSED to win.

Holy Cross, Ashland, Lex. Cath, Belfry.....come on now, Pikeville can't help what district they are in, but they are making up for it with their non-district games.

I guess we'll just have to wait until Pikeville plays Prestonsburg and see who is the better team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
launchpad,

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Either you have no clue who Pikeville got "murdered" by, or you've had your head in the ground too long to know who Lexington Catholic (and LHC and Ashland and Belfry) is.

The same absurd type statement came when you gave UK no chance of beating UL - said UL would be in the BCS and we'd be watching the bowl games this year. That worked out well.
Any non-biased observer with any knowledge of H.S. football would give Pikeville credit for their non-district scheduling. Their district slate is pathetic, but they can't do anything about that. While Holy Cross and Ashland appear to not be as good as they were supposed to be this year, they are both good solid opponents. Prestonsburg will be a stern test for the Panthers, and with Lex Cath and Belfry, you have the top teams in the state in class 3A and 4A.

Coming from someone who has no ties to PHS, I must commend them for scheduling some good competition.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
launchpad4 Wrote:Their non-district games need to be harder for them to be considered a top team.
This is one of the most uneducated post I have ever read on BGR...come on, do a little homework before posting something like this.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:This is one of the most uneducated post I have ever read on BGR...come on, do a little homework before posting something like this.

:yes:
Everyone complains but does these rankings really matter? NO!!!!! Like someone else said all that matters is who is #1 at the end of the season. The season just gets you ready for the playoffs!!