Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young talent coming up in 13th & 14th
Since the basketball season is winding down, who are some young kids to keep an eye on in the future?
Eighth grader Addison Terry and freshman Carly Smith from Owsley County. Both guards.
Bell, Corbin, and South Laurel all have nice 7th and/or 8th grade groups come up.
Gotta say Beverly from PCC and Sperry from Breathitt. Shoptaw if he stays. Big kid from Wolfe.
Some of the top players who will be freshmen or sophomore’s next season in the 14th

Beverly - PCC
Sperry - Breathitt
Shoptaw - Hazard (like Duke said, if he stays)
Ritchie - Wolfe
Brooks - Cordia
Drake Slone - Knott (Stats aren’t eye popping but kid can play)
North laurel has a couple really good 7th and 8th graders
(03-30-2021, 04:39 PM)Huggy_Bear Wrote: Some of the top players who will be freshmen or sophomore’s next season in the 14th

Beverly - PCC
Sperry - Breathitt
Ritchie - Wolfe
Brooks - Cordia

This is a good list.
I agree with Huggy so it has to be good!
(03-30-2021, 04:39 PM)Huggy_Bear Wrote: Some of the top players who will be freshmen or sophomore’s next season in the 14th

Beverly - PCC
Sperry - Breathitt
Ritchie - Wolfe
Brooks - Cordia
Shoptaw is gone for sure.
(03-30-2021, 09:30 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:

Beverly - PCC
Sperry - Breathitt
Ritchie - Wolfe
Brooks - Cordia

This is a good list.
I agree with Huggy so it has to be good!
Haha Wow Zag!  I’m marking this one down

(03-30-2021, 10:37 PM)FunFan Wrote:

Beverly - PCC
Sperry - Breathitt
Ritchie - Wolfe
Brooks - Cordia
Shoptaw is gone for sure.
That is what I had heard (read on here I think).  Good for the opposing teams in the 54th district and 14th region because the kid was tough tough as an 8th grader, I can just imagine at the progression and skill he would add the next four years.  At the same time though, the 14th region needs stars like that.  It seems as if they are few and far between these days.  Hate to see that talent leave.
Where is Shoptaw going?
(03-31-2021, 06:10 PM)clipperw Wrote: Where is Shoptaw going?
His father is  a heart doctor and is moving to another hospital somewhere i heard
Thanks for the response. Hazard's loss is going to be someone else's gain, that's for sure!
He is moving to Atlanta area I think. Good luck to the young man, hes gonna need it. A lot different food chain of athletes there.
(03-29-2021, 02:40 PM)PioneerBlue Wrote: Since the basketball season is winding down, who are some young kids to keep an eye on in the future?

(03-30-2021, 12:51 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Eighth grader Addison Terry and freshman Carly Smith from Owsley County. Both guards.
I made a mistake and made a post I thought was in the Girls Basketball Forum. My mistake .
(03-30-2021, 05:11 PM)lighsouts3 Wrote: North laurel has a couple really good 7th and 8th graders
The Rawlings kid who will be a freshman next year at North is really good. Fans will love the old school hustle and grit. Kid has tremendous athleticism!