Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 80 Boyle Co. 44 Sweet 16
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Keep it rolling Tomcats!!!
Highlands beat Ashland by 9 in very first game of this season. Both teams play very good here at end of year. Should be a good final 4 game!
Highlands/Ashland game may wind up being the best game of the tourney
Thomcats going to win this whole thing!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-03-2021, 08:33 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Thomcats going to win this whole thing!

Would love it!!!   After  33-0 last season and not getting a chance to finish it off, I'd love to see them bring it home .
(04-03-2021, 09:43 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 08:33 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Thomcats going to win this whole thing!

Would love it!!!   After  33-0 last season and not getting a chance to finish it off, I'd love to see them bring it home .

They got my vote!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
This Ashland team is good period. They share the ball, have great shooters, and play hard defense. It’s crazy that a 4 of the 5 starters on this Ashland team will be back again next year including the big 3 of Villers, Sellers, and Porter.

This blow out definitely makes the Knox score a lot more understandable.
Ashland barely escaped West Carter and Rowan just to get to Rupp.  No way Ashland is 36 points better than Boyle(or 18 points better than Knox, for that matter). The fact is, some teams shine when they land on the biggest stage and some teams fold.   Ashland appears to be one of those teams that welcome the limelight. Boyle and Knox withered and died.  Clay County under Keith always welcomed the grand stage of the Sweet Sixteen and weren't intimidated by anyone. Corbin won games under in Lexington under Hicks, Deaton, and Pietrowski and weren't intimidated by the likes of Fairdale, Eastern, and Scott County, even though they were well overmatched.  

Make no mistake ,Knox Central had the talent to compete with and beat Ashland but it appears the shining moment was too bright for them. Their two Sweet Sixteen appearances were abysmal.  Nevertheless, there's sixteen or so other schools in the 13th region  that would love to have accomplished what Knox did the last three seasons. They did step up and play their best ball in the region tournaments and captured a trifecta of titles that will forever remain part of 13th region history. They deserve credit.
Your hatred is showing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Appalachian Cat
(04-03-2021, 03:29 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Your hatred is showing.

No hate.   Just facts.   I said Knox deserved credit for their accomplishments. I also said they were talented enough to compete with and beat Ashland.   Patterson has done a credible job so far. He's just not ready for Brad Steven's job just yet. He didn't have his team up for the challenge of an equally talented bunch of Tomcats.   First three quarters :    2 /   8 /   9     .  Bottomline:  They withered .

Next Turner(s) up....
Birds win! Good game until last 5 mins. Good luck in championship game birds. Great season Ashland!
Kittens rolling
How did Ashland do today?
(04-03-2021, 05:55 PM)jamesclay Wrote: How did Ashland do today?

Lost. I can't remember the score.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-03-2021, 03:59 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 03:29 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Your hatred is showing.

No hate.   Just facts.   I said Knox deserved credit for their accomplishments. I also said they were talented enough to compete with and beat Ashland.   Patterson has done a credible job so far. He's just not ready for Brad Steven's job just yet. He didn't have his team up for the challenge of an equally talented bunch of Tomcats.   First three quarters :    2 /   8 /   9     .  Bottomline:  They withered .

Next Turner(s) up....
I agree that Boyle could have competed with Ashland but equally talented may be a stretch.  This Ashland team is very good.  

It is ok for everyone to say that Eastern Kentucky has a great team.  Very talented players on this side of the state.