Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Home of the Brave(s) ??? MLB Says Hell NO !!!! What Do You Say?
As all of you I'm sure know, MLB has pulled its midsummer classic from Atlanta because of the awful voter suppression law hurriedly passed by the dishonest Gerrymandering Oppressing Pollutants.  I noticed today that MLB  required Braves' players to cover up the 2021 MLB All-Star Game patch on their sleeves. Terrible $$$repercussions$$$ for the city of Atlanta all because of these cheating voter suppressors in the GA state house. I hate this for the great city of Atlanta, where the late Hank Aaron played for so many years. 

Several cities have come forward to honor the memory of the great Hank Aaron and host the all-star game. Among them, Milwaukee, Chicago, and Seattle. The only kind of retribution that the dishonest Greedy Old Pack of wolves understand is when you hit them in their pocketbook and these "law"makers' actions are going to result in a lot of pocketbooks in Atlanta taking a hit.

Do you think MLB  overreacted to the GOP's attempts to suppress the vote of blacks in GA or do you think this was simply the right and ONLY thing to do?  Btw,  a flood of CEO's and corporations ( well over 100 at this point) have piled on and spoken out against Georgia heinous voter restrictions.

What are your thoughts?   Again, I hate it for Atlanta and the Braves, especially since there was going to be a big tribute to Hammering Hank in the place where he spent so many years of his life.  I think MLB felt it had to take this strong stand in support of one of our country's guiding principles and against the Greedy One Percent anti -democracy  , pseudo-patriot party.

I welcome your perspective.
Imagine being this blindly ignorant.
(04-05-2021, 01:16 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Imagine being this blindly ignorant.

Me  or MLB (or both)?      Smile

From the Nashville duo of Kaston Guffey and Nick Pankey ( My Politic).    Has a  mid 60's -era folk music  sound.

I hate that a city that made strides in advancing the vote to people of color this past election gets repaid in Undemocratic laws and then piled upon by the MLB, Hollywood, and corporate America.

The losers continue to be the people who always lose. Stuck in the middle. Voting suppressed and economy suppressed.

I see the MLB and company trying to stick up for the disenfranchised, but I wish there was another way.
(04-06-2021, 11:04 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I hate that a city that made strides in advancing the vote to people of color this past election gets repaid in Undemocratic laws and then piled upon by the MLB, Hollywood, and corporate America.

The losers continue to be the people who always lose.  Stuck in the middle. Voting suppressed and economy suppressed.

I see the MLB and company trying to stick up for the disenfranchised, but I wish there was another way.
Baseball fans are going to watch baseball no matter what
But i find it hypocritical of republicans who praised citizens united that said corporations are people also But only when they donate to there campaign
(04-06-2021, 11:44 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 11:04 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I hate that a city that made strides in advancing the vote to people of color this past election gets repaid in Undemocratic laws and then piled upon by the MLB, Hollywood, and corporate America.

The losers continue to be the people who always lose.  Stuck in the middle. Voting suppressed and economy suppressed.

Baseball fans are going to watch baseball no matter what
But i find it hypocritical of republicans who praised citizens united that said corporations are people also But only when they donate to there campaign
Hypocrisy is the GOP’s wheelhouse. 

Cancel culture is awful until they want to cancel. 
Capitalism is great until it goes against them.