Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Seniors coming back?
Have any Seniors decided to come back for another year under the new rule?
From word on the street....

Hazard
Duff and Jones

Buckhorn
Collins and Knight. Heard Collins went to Breathitt but not 4sure. Think they are JRs though.

Perry
Brock, McKenzie Twins, Sanders

Leslie
Not heard anything
Hearing Shepherd from Knott Central. All of Breathitt team holding back. McKenzie at Perry, Tyler Day possibly too. Most I hear aren’t seniors, a lot of Fresh and Sophomores. Breathitt’s to lose next 4 years in my opinion.
Shepherd from Knott. I heard maybe Welch from Cordia and Johnson from Letcher as well.
I expect a lot and I don’t blame them a gift from the Highschool sports world!!!
It’s kind of funny watching all these local media outlets announcing kids that are “reclassifying” and making a big deal out of it. Why not just go ahead and announce that pretty much every athlete that is eligible to do so will be
reclassifying. Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad they have given these kids this opportunity and I hope anyone who wants to takes advantage of the opportunity, it’s just not worth making a big deal of it. It will be interesting to see how many seniors hold back and enter the transfer portal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Booger Branch Bandit's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(04-29-2021, 10:39 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: It’s kind of funny watching all these local media outlets announcing kids that are “reclassifying” and making a big deal out of it. Why not just go ahead and announce that pretty much every athlete that is eligible to do so will be
reclassifying. Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad they have given these kids this opportunity and I hope anyone who wants to takes advantage of the opportunity, it’s just not worth making a big deal of it. It will be interesting to see how many seniors hold back and enter the transfer portal.
I don’t mind it a bit, more exposure for the kids the better. Remember, there kids. Let them have all the fun they can.
Shawn D Howell - Betsy Layne
Jordan Frazier - Betsy Layne
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-29-2021, 10:39 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: It’s kind of funny watching all these local media outlets announcing kids that are “reclassifying” and making a big deal out of it. Why not just go ahead and announce that pretty much every athlete that is eligible to do so will be

Because saying "pretty much every athlete that is eligible to do so will be reclassifying" may not be true.
Any media outlet worth anything would not report generalities or leave things open to interpretation.
You report what happens when it happens.
(05-02-2021, 05:52 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:

Because saying "pretty much every athlete that is eligible to do so will be reclassifying" may not be true.
Any media outlet worth anything would not report generalities or leave things open to interpretation.
Just seems like overkill to me. If the player is a senior I can see making a post about it, but other than that it’s a bit much. Where was all the hype when all these kids held back in middle school? Some schools in the 14th and 15th are famous for holding entire classes back. Didn’t see any media posts then.
(05-02-2021, 06:18 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 05:52 PM)zaga_fan Wrote:

Just seems like overkill to me. If the player is a senior I can see making a post about it, but other than that it’s a bit much. Where was all the hype when all these kids held back in middle school? Some schools in the 14th and 15th are famous for holding entire classes back. Didn’t see any media posts then.
I don't disagree.
It's just a new circumstance and it's something for people to talk about.