Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky @ Arkansas
This should be a defensive struggle for both teams. My gut says that Arkansas has the better chance but for all practical purposes, I will go with my heart. COME ON CATS!!!! Win this and we may be 6-0 going into the game with LSU.
Arkansas-31 (4 TD and a FG)
UK-35 (5 TD)
this will be a shootout with very little defense. I think that whichever defense shows up will be victorious. If UK scores more than 30, I don't believe that Arkansas will be able to match that. Even though, UK will lose this one in a struggle. Somewhat of an upset, if you look at how things went for both teams as of last week.

UK-28
Ark.-35
This is a huge, huge game for Kentucky. With Arkansas on the fringes of the rankings and coming off that loss, UK needs to win this game to ensure they stay in the rankings.

If UK can pull this one off we will most likely go 5-0 (after beating FAU).....crazy to think about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:No offense to TH32 but 'Bamas offense isnt UKs offense and Bama hung 41 on the razorback D. UK isnt going to stop Mcfadden (Neither is anyone else for that matter) But they can slow him down. They can load up the box and force Casey Dick to beat them.

McFadden is playin comin off a concussion he sustained against Bama. If UK's D comes up and sticks it to him good a few times, it may rattle his cages a bit.
Don't know if anyone else is aware, but Arkansas will be without a couple key players for this week's game. According to espn.com, the Hogs will be without starting defensive tackle Ernest Mitchell after he was suspended for a flagrant personal foul (hitting another player with a helmet).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...ortCat=ncf

Also, the Hogs should still be without star receiver Marcus Monk, who has yet to play this season while recovering from a knee injury.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This game has similarities to the build up of the Louisville game. Louisville was coming off of a game where they gave up over 500 yards on defense. They weren't very good at defending the pass, and Little ran all over their run defense. Everyone knew about Brohm, Douglas, Urrutia, and Allen, but their defense was the big question. Arkansas is similar to me. Everyone knows about Felix Jones and Heisman front-runner Darrin McFadden, but their defense allowed John Parker Wilson to throw for 327 yards and 4 touchdowns. Kentucky's defense is significantly better than what most people give them credit for. They held Allen to only 96 yards, which is great compared to past rush defenses. I know Jones and McFadden are better, but you've at least got something to build on. The key for UK in this game, IMO, is Little. You know Woodson will perform, especially after the way Wilson picked the ARK defense apart last week. If Little can again establish a running game, UK will have a great shot to win.
Very good analysis there SOK.

StrikeoutKing Wrote:This game has similarities to the build up of the Louisville game. Louisville was coming off of a game where they gave up over 500 yards on defense. They weren't very good at defending the pass, and Little ran all over their run defense. Everyone knew about Brohm, Douglas, Urrutia, and Allen, but their defense was the big question. Arkansas is similar to me. Everyone knows about Felix Jones and Heisman front-runner Darrin McFadden, but their defense allowed John Parker Wilson to throw for 327 yards and 4 touchdowns. Kentucky's defense is significantly better than what most people give them credit for. They held Allen to only 96 yards, which is great compared to past rush defenses. I know Jones and McFadden are better, but you've at least got something to build on. The key for UK in this game, IMO, is Little. You know Woodson will perform, especially after the way Wilson picked the ARK defense apart last week. If Little can again establish a running game, UK will have a great shot to win.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:This game has similarities to the build up of the Louisville game. Louisville was coming off of a game where they gave up over 500 yards on defense. They weren't very good at defending the pass, and Little ran all over their run defense. Everyone knew about Brohm, Douglas, Urrutia, and Allen, but their defense was the big question. Arkansas is similar to me. Everyone knows about Felix Jones and Heisman front-runner Darrin McFadden, but their defense allowed John Parker Wilson to throw for 327 yards and 4 touchdowns. Kentucky's defense is significantly better than what most people give them credit for. They held Allen to only 96 yards, which is great compared to past rush defenses. I know Jones and McFadden are better, but you've at least got something to build on. The key for UK in this game, IMO, is Little. You know Woodson will perform, especially after the way Wilson picked the ARK defense apart last week. If Little can again establish a running game, UK will have a great shot to win.

Nice breakdown. Should be a great game, but it will be tough in a VERY hostile environment to win. I think we can come out with it though. :ChairHit:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Does anyone know if this game will be on TV?
MVP2 Wrote:Does anyone know if this game will be on TV?

Espn2 @ 6:00 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Espn2 @ 6:00 PM.

Thats great news!...Thank you!
The SEC is just so dang tough. You really never know whats going to happen on any given day. Hell, South Carolina may come out and lay a whooping on LSU this weekend...I wouldnt bet on it, but i sure as heck wouldnt be surprised either. With that said, this UK Arky game looks to be one of the closer, more exciting games to watch in college football this weekend. The heisman hopefuls Woodson and Mcfadden putting their two teams out there against one another for the first time since that Matt Jones/Jared Lorenzen 7 OT thriller!! This game couild be headed down that same road too! IM WAY excited about this game and truly believe that Mcfadden will be held to under 100 yards on the game. Kentucky goes nuts on the Arky secondary and comes out of the hostile environment with a much needed W.... 38-21 C A T S CATS CATS CATS!
Kentucky's D isn't getting enough credit here, they held one of the best offense's in the nation to under 40 points and held Allen to under 100 yards while the week before he had 275. I think the Wildcat's might suprise a few people this week.
corndog23 Wrote:The SEC is just so dang tough. You really never know whats going to happen on any given day. Hell, South Carolina may come out and lay a whooping on LSU this weekend...I wouldnt bet on it, but i sure as heck wouldnt be surprised either. With that said, this UK Arky game looks to be one of the closer, more exciting games to watch in college football this weekend. The heisman hopefuls Woodson and Mcfadden putting their two teams out there against one another for the first time since that Matt Jones/Jared Lorenzen 7 OT thriller!! This game couild be headed down that same road too! IM WAY excited about this game and truly believe that Mcfadden will be held to under 100 yards on the game. Kentucky goes nuts on the Arky secondary and comes out of the hostile environment with a much needed W.... 38-21 C A T S CATS CATS CATS!

I also think UK will win, but I don't see it being by 17 points. McFadden is just too tough and it doesn't matter what you do, he's going to get his yards. He is much better than Anthony Allen, and I can't see us holding him under 100 yards. To me, if you keep him and Felix Jones to under 200 yards combined, we will have an excellent chance to win.

The key to this game for the Cats is balance. We seem to be one of the most balanced offenses in the nation, what with Woodson and all his receivers, as well as Little, Dixon and company. If I was an opposing defensive coordinator facing UK, I wouldn't know where to even start. That balance will keep teams from either stacking the box or teeing off on Woodson, which makes us hard to stop unless we stop ourselves.

It will be close in the end, so go with the QB that can make the play to win it at the end...and that ain't Casey Dick!! Cats, 35-31.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kentucky all the way
this is UK's year and I don't think our seniors will lets us down I say UK takes this one with Plenty of offense, tons of heart, and just enough defense to come out of Fayettville with a win.
UK42
ARK31
I agree with Cowbell. This will be a close one, and if I had to pick a player to lead me in the final minutes, it'd be Andre Woodson. Just look at the final drive against Louisville. I'm going with Kentucky in yet another shootout, 45-42.
Tomorrow just can't get here fast enough. I'm so excited about this game.
i think uk can win te game....if they can stop the run. they need to stop mcfadden and jones and they can win. they dont need to worry as much on the pass because arkansas cant really throw the ball ver well. i hope uk can pull it out two weeks in a row. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!
coming off a outstanding win against the cards, i think that UK will be out for blood to keep the streak alive...im gonna have to say wildcats in this one...

wildcats-27

Razorbacks-21
Same here my friend, same here I'll be tuned to the tube.

GRIZZ Wrote:Tomorrow just can't get here fast enough. I'm so excited about this game.
More Cowbell Wrote:Don't know if anyone else is aware, but Arkansas will be without a couple key players for this week's game. According to espn.com, the Hogs will be without starting defensive tackle Ernest Mitchell after he was suspended for a flagrant personal foul (hitting another player with a helmet).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...ortCat=ncf

Also, the Hogs should still be without star receiver Marcus Monk, who has yet to play this season while recovering from a knee injury.

I have read a little about that. Along with that information, I read that Burton is perfectly fine to play on Sat. Bring them on , we got them at a good time
The gameday crew has Kentucky losing today. :ChairHit:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
CAM2006 Wrote:The gameday crew has Kentucky losing today. :ChairHit:

Kirk Herbstret also had Kentucky losing to Kent State! .....Go Cats!
Uk wins in a barn burner 47-40. Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!