Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns 51 - Bengals 45
final.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry but being a Browns fan, I don't get to this often but this is too good.

BFritz Wrote:..........we'll eat the Browns alive....

.....Cleveland's line's like a piece of paper, our front 7 will eat it up!

Smile Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bengals offense looked good, the defense was flat out embarrassing!
way to go browns
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is a banner weekend. Uk wins, Bungals lose. Smile Smile how about them Steelers.:rockon:
lol you Browns fans earned this one..talk it up!! I for one, gave them little to zero chance of winning, lol..
I am so happy right now. Why cant every weekend be this wonderful?? Perfect weekend!! Oh, you are talking about the 2007 division champion Pittsburgh Steelers? lol..WOO HOO!! CONGRATS BROWNS!!
Crossbones Wrote:This is a banner weekend. Uk wins, Bungals lose. Smile Smile how about them Steelers.:rockon:
Congrats Browns fans. You deserved it. Palmer and Co didn't get any help from the D. I warned all week about the situation being right for a Bengals letdown. Unfortunately I was right.
Damn....the Browns fans are coming out of the woodwork now....lol. Where have you guys been?
Bengal Cat Wrote:Damn....the Browns fans are coming out of the woodwork now....lol. Where have you guys been?

Observing quietly. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I am so happy right now. Why cant every weekend be this wonderful?? Perfect weekend!! Oh, you are talking about the 2007 division champion Pittsburgh Steelers? lol..WOO HOO!! CONGRATS BROWNS!!
Why Yes I am. :rockon:
alfus21 Wrote:Observing quietly. Smile

LMAO.......obviously
I'm not a Brown fan at all, just a Bengal hater. It's all we hear all year long how Cincy is going to win it all and how they are world beaters and do no wrong. If it wasn't for some of the arrogance of some of the Bungal fans, I would might pull for them.
Crossbones Wrote:I'm not a Brown fan at all, just a Bengal hater. It's all we hear all year long how Cincy is going to win it all and how they are world beaters and do no wrong. If it wasn't for some of the arrogance of some of the Bungal fans, I would might pull for them.

You can't blame Bengal fans for getting excited about their team after a decade of losing any more than you can blame a Browns fan for being happy today. As far as winning it all....I for 1 (Bengals fan) have stated repeatedly that until something is done about this defense its not going to happen. Its a great day to be a Bengal hater.......but its a long season boys.
Bengal Cat Wrote:You can't blame Bengal fans for getting excited about their team after a decade of losing any more than you can blame a Browns fan for being happy today. As far as winning it all....I for 1 (Bengals fan) have stated repeatedly that until something is done about this defense its not going to happen. Its a great day to be a Bengal hater.......but its a long season boys.
I can honestly say I have never read on this site where you have said Cincy was going to win it all. But I was not only refering to this site, but others. There is a difference in being excited and being arrogant. I can also agree it is a long season and anything can happen. That's why the game is played and nothing is given. Hence "WE'LL EAT THE BROWNS ALIVE", and remarks to that nature.
Every team has arrogant fans. Some are just louder than others I guess. I assume you are a Kentucky Wildcat fan (as I am). If so then both of us belong to the most arrogant fan base in sports if you listen to people. I don't think thats true....how about you?
Congrats Browns and Coach Crennel, maybe the biggest win in his career as a head coach of the Browns.I know thats the 1st time ever beating the Bengals.Jamal Lewis had a big game for the Browns but they big story Anderson throwing 5 Tds today, does that mean we wont be seeing any Quinn this year???
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Browns and Coach Crennel, maybe the biggest win in his career as a head coach of the Browns.I know thats the 1st time ever beating the Bengals.Jamal Lewis had a big game for the Browns but they big story Anderson throwing 5 Tds today, does that mean we wont be seeing any Quinn this year???

Anderson played well, not taking a thing away from him, but our defense played with absolutely no heart. The Browns have 4 pretty good defenses coming up.....Oakland, Baltimore, New England and Miami. You will know more after those games.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Every team has arrogant fans. Some are just louder than others I guess. I assume you are a Kentucky Wildcat fan (as I am). If so then both of us belong to the most arrogant fan base in sports if you listen to people. I don't think thats true....how about you?
Yes I am a Kentucky fan, but I am a fan of Louisville also. But I was pulling for the Wildcats, simply because the Big East is overrated as is the Big Ten. I believe Kentucky to be a mid to bottom SEC team. Only proving my point. As you said every team has arrogant fans. And no I don't think Kentucky fans are the most arrogant. I believe LSU and some of the Louisville fans to be that. Cool As for my hatred of the Bengals, which I used to accually root for unless they were playing the Steelers, started a couple of seasons ago, because of a FEW fans and their Idiocracy of arrogance.
Bengals played the perfect game on the offensive side of the ball, giving up 51 points to the Cleveland Browns though? wow, and I for one as well said that Cincy would destroy Cleveland, man was i wrong.
Crossbones Wrote:Yes I am a Kentucky fan, but I am a fan of Louisville also. But I was pulling for the Wildcats, simply because the Big East is overrated as is the Big Ten. I believe Kentucky to be a mid to bottom SEC team. Only proving my point. As you said every team has arrogant fans. And no I don't think Kentucky fans are the most arrogant. I believe LSU and some of the Louisville fans to be that. Cool As for my hatred of the Bengals, which I used to accually root for unless they were playing the Steelers, started a couple of seasons ago, because of a FEW fans and their Idiocracy of arrogance.

I don't think Kentucky fans are the most arrogant either. But the perception of Kentucky fans nationally has us right up there with the New York Yankee fans. The truth of the matter is only a FEW kentucky fans fit that discription. Neither You nor I put "for sale" signs on Tubbys lawn. But we are Ky fans and we are stereotyped with those fans. Same thing with the Bengals. I'm not going to hate the Browns just because some of their ignorant fans threw beer on Chad Johnson today. But to each his own I guess.
-STATS- Wrote:Bengals played the perfect game on the offensive side of the ball, giving up 51 points to the Cleveland Browns though? wow, and I for one as well said that Cincy would destroy Cleveland, man was i wrong.

STATS.....our defense was not ready to play. They had no fire, desire or heart. There are 3 phases to football as you know.... offense, defense & special teams. Only one phase (the offense) had a passing grade. When 2 of the 3 phases fail, you are not going to beat anyone in the National Football League.
Bengal Cat Wrote:STATS.....our defense was not ready to play. They had no fire, desire or heart. There are 3 phases to football as you know.... offense, defense & special teams. Only one phase (the offense) had a passing grade. When 2 of the 3 phases fail, you are not going to beat anyone in the National Football League.

If we still have those gambling things on here, I'd have bet the house on the Bengals. I was pumped after the defense's game against the Browns, and then they're absolutely horrible today. Jamal Lewis walked all over us., and Anderson picked us apart. I even thought the offense could have looked better.......... hopefully this was the bad game we needed to get out of our system.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Bengal Cat Wrote:I don't think Kentucky fans are the most arrogant either. But the perception of Kentucky fans nationally has us right up there with the New York Yankee fans. The truth of the matter is only a FEW kentucky fans fit that discription. Neither You nor I put "for sale" signs on Tubbys lawn. But we are Ky fans and we are stereotyped with those fans. Same thing with the Bengals. I'm not going to hate the Browns just because some of their ignorant fans threw beer on Chad Johnson today. But to each his own I guess.
Point taken! But I don't like Chad Johnson either, wouldn't throw beer on him but don't like him. I do how ever like Carson, great QB and seems to be a class act also. To bad he is surrounded by a few "thugs". I refer to a thug as someone who has a God given talent and wastes it buy doing things that should be beneath them. Athletes should stand out and shine, instead of being caught with pot and underage kids, they should be doing charity work and encouraging kids to finish school. And for the record Cincy is not the only organization with "thugs" on the teams.
OK Crossbones.....you dislike the Bengals and thats your right, so you will have absolutely no bias to the question I'm about to ask you. If you owned a company and one branch kept performing so far below standard that it was dragging the rest of the company down, would you make a change? Especially after the head of that department has been given every chance to succeed, but just has not produced. My point is, seeing how bad the Bengal defense has been the last 2 years and then this today....is there any justifiable reason not to can Bresnahan? (the Bengals defensive coordinator)
Bengal Cat Wrote:OK Crossbones.....you dislike the Bengals and thats your right, so you will have absolutely no bias to the question I'm about to ask you. If you owned a company and one branch kept performing so far below standard that it was dragging the rest of the company down, would you make a change? Especially after the head of that department has been given every chance to succeed, but just has not produced. My point is, seeing how bad the Bengal defense has been the last 2 years and then this today....is there any justifiable reason not to can Bresnahan? (the Bengals defensive coordinator)
I have worked in upper management and know about making hard decisions. Yes, Bresnahan would be gone without hesitation. The NFL is a buisness and The Bengal organization is going to have to do some changing to be an upper level team in the NFL IMO. They remind me of Louisville, they have a high power O but no D. They spent all there time drafting and building the O, that they didn't work on the D IMO. The "We will out score you" mentallity is out the window now.
Crossbones Wrote:I have worked in upper management and know about making hard decisions. Yes, Bresnahan would be gone without hesitation. The NFL is a buisness and The Bengal organization is going to have to do some changing to be an upper level team in the NFL IMO. They remind me of Louisville, they have a high power O but no D. They spent all there time drafting and building the O, that they didn't work on the D IMO. The "We will out score you" mentallity is out the window now.

I'm just saying someone has to be held accountable for that performance today. But its not just one game, They have shown no improvement under Bresnahan regardless of what they did vs the Ravens. I would also say to the Brown fans and I think you would agree......Enjoy this win today, you deserve it, but don't get too excited about Derek Anderson because of what happened today. Any QB would have lit the Bengals up today. This is a QB that couldn't beat out Charlie Frye for the starting position. Mark my words, 2 or 3 weeks from now the Dawg Pound will be chanting for Brady Quinn again. Thats not a knock on Anderson.....he just played against a bad defense today.
BFritz Wrote:If we still have those gambling things on here, I'd have bet the house on the Bengals. I was pumped after the defense's game against the Browns, and then they're absolutely horrible today. Jamal Lewis walked all over us., and Anderson picked us apart. I even thought the offense could have looked better.......... hopefully this was the bad game we needed to get out of our system.

Thats right B.....Derek Anderson picked us apart. Not Peyton Manning, not Tom Brady,but Charlie Fryes back up. I would have felt better even if it had been Brady Quinn, because at least he is talented and definitely has stardom written all over him. But Derek Anderson??????
Did we even touch him today?
Crossbones Wrote:Point taken! But I don't like Chad Johnson either, wouldn't throw beer on him but don't like him. I do how ever like Carson, great QB and seems to be a class act also. To bad he is surrounded by a few "thugs". I refer to a thug as someone who has a God given talent and wastes it buy doing things that should be beneath them. Athletes should stand out and shine, instead of being caught with pot and underage kids, they should be doing charity work and encouraging kids to finish school. And for the record Cincy is not the only organization with "thugs" on the teams.

I don’t feel as if it is appropriate to put Chad Johnson in the same category as thugs. He has done nothing but made the league more fun. I have been a diehard fan of Cincinnati for a long time. Chad has done nothing wrong to be compared to others that have broken the law. As far as bad fans go, every team has them and that will never change. Bad fans can be found at the elementary level as well. I know I have coached T-Ball for the past three years. Chad has done a lot for Bengal football. He has helped to bring life back to a dead program along with many others that should not be placed in the thug category. Cincinnati football is alive again and we can compete, something that wasn’t possible during most of the 90’s. It seems like maybe you just don’t like the Bengals because the Steelers don’t get the two guaranteed wins that they once got every year from the Bengals. Crossbones, I am in no way picking on you. I just don’t think that you should hate a team for becoming better and learning how to compete. Yes every team has problems.
:mad:

Chad will be racing a horse to feed hungry children. That sure doesn’t seen like thug mentality: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/...orse_N.htm

As far as the game goes today, it was a big let down for the team, fans, and community today. The special teams have not been special yet this season. The defense needs a new direction. I think we all know that this offense can play with most in the NFL. Palmer is as good as they come in the QB position, but the D may never give him the chance to take it to the next level without change. Thank goodness that this was a division game and we will have a chance to make it somewhat right.
:eek:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I don’t feel as if it is appropriate to put Chad Johnson in the same category as thugs. He has done nothing but made the league more fun. I have been a diehard fan of Cincinnati for a long time. Chad has done nothing wrong to be compared to others that have broken the law. As far as bad fans go, every team has them and that will never change. Bad fans can be found at the elementary level as well. I know I have coached T-Ball for the past three years. Chad has done a lot for Bengal football. He has helped to bring life back to a dead program along with many others that should not be placed in the thug category. Cincinnati football is alive again and we can compete, something that wasn’t possible during most of the 90’s. It seems like maybe you just don’t like the Bengals because the Steelers don’t get the two guaranteed wins that they once got every year from the Bengals. Crossbones, I am in no way picking on you. I just don’t think that you should hate a team for becoming better and learning how to compete. Yes every team has problems.
:mad:

Chad will be racing a horse to feed hungry children. That sure doesn’t seen like thug mentality: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/...orse_N.htm

As far as the game goes today, it was a big let down for the team, fans, and community today. The special teams have not been special yet this season. The defense needs a new direction. I think we all know that this offense can play with most in the NFL. Palmer is as good as they come in the QB position, but the D may never give him the chance to take it to the next level without change. Thank goodness that this was a division game and we will have a chance to make it somewhat right.
:eek:

Great post BJ. I'm not one to call for a coaches head over the least little thing, but I just don't see how a performance like this (on the heels of what happened last year) can go without someone being held accountable. I saw no adjustments that were made at halftime. If anything it got worse. We never touched Anderson today and Jamal Lewis went crazy. The defense did a poor job of getting off their blocks, they were not filling the gaps and the tackling was awful.