Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Down the Drain
America is headed down the drain and there are all kinds of examples to use in demonstrating the point. But let's take America's aging energy grid.

How one may ask, could the left could use our failing energy grid to their political advantage? In this case that of the elimination of fossil fuels. Simple according to Larry Kudlow. Following the passage of the 1.9 trillion so-called Covid Relief Bill, which had almost nothing to do with Covid relief; the taxpayer is now looking down the gun barrel at a 2.25 trillion dollar infrastructure bill. I have no doubt that China will be all-in on providing new loans for the appropriation process, because once the grid is completed America will automatically fall from super power status. How soon can Elon Musk come up with a solar defense fleet? I couldn't help but notice we're still waiting on all those electric SEMI's for freight delivery.

But back to the infrastructure bill. In that 'package,' is funding for a new energy grid. Guess what will not 'get funded.' Nuclear and natural gas energy concerns. They're going to build a new grid which will not deliver nuclear generated electrical power or natural gas. Another end run around the people and guess who pays for that? The people. Guess who likely will not raise a whimper in objection? The people. 

If this one goes through Ol Joe might have been more the prophet than first imagined. Many in America may WELL be facing more than one, cold and dark winter.  America presently supplies a near invisible 3% of her energy needs employing green energy production. 3%
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 12:10 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: America is headed down the drain and there are all kinds of examples to use in demonstrating the point. But let's take America's aging energy grid.

How one may ask, could the left could use our failing energy grid to their political advantage? In this case that of the elimination of fossil fuels. Simple according to Larry Kudlow. Following the passage of the 1.9 trillion so-called Covid Relief Bill, which had almost nothing to do with Covid relief; the taxpayer is now looking down the gun barrel at a 2.25 trillion dollar infrastructure bill. I have no doubt that China will be all-in on providing new loans for the appropriation process, because once the grid is completed America will automatically fall from super power status. How soon can Elon Musk come up with a solar defense fleet? I couldn't help but notice we're still waiting on all those electric SEMI's for freight delivery.

But back to the infrastructure bill. In that 'package,' is funding for a new energy grid. Guess what will not 'get funded.' Nuclear and natural gas energy concerns. They're going to build a new grid which will not deliver nuclear generated electrical power or natural gas. Another end run around the people and guess who pays for that? The people. Guess who likely will not raise a whimper in objection? The people. 

If this one goes through Ol Joe might have been more the prophet than first imagined. Many in America may WELL be facing more than one, cold and dark winter.  America presently supplies a near invisible 3% of her energy needs employing green energy production. 3%
You got to be the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE on here 
After 4 years of 8+ trillion dollars in new debt you didn't say not ONE word about your Dear Leader Mouth Shut
You should be ashamed of yourself but you are all about party
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(04-13-2021, 01:20 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 12:10 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: America is headed down the drain and there are all kinds of examples to use in demonstrating the point. But let's take America's aging energy grid.

After 4 years of 8+ trillion dollars in new debt you didn't say not ONE word about your Dear Leader Mouth Shut

Most people have rather given up on the deficit argument. The US is so far over it's head at this point people just say that ship has sailed. At any rate my argument wasn't centered around the debt. It was centered around Dems using their power to do away with fossil fuels at taxpayer expense, no less.

I'm ashamed of you vector. You invariably take the wrong side of every issue and you never, and I mean never, disagree with anything a Dem has ever done. But I'm the one whose all about party? And it's not that you don't appear illiterate and absurdly shallow, because you do, nonetheless it is difficult for me to believe you're as dim as you let on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Didn't Kudlow, Trump, and company have 4 years to bring back beautiful coal and bathe us all in fossil fuels. What happened?

Wait..Wait...I know...the dollar. It's cheaper this way. Fossil Fuel Energy companies are shifting to greener energy as fast as anybody.

TRT, you follow the same fools who said the windmills froze in Texas when it was actually the fossil fuels suppliers that failed.
I bet those people in Texas will take hamsters and wheels if it will keep the lights on. Big Grin
(04-13-2021, 02:19 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Didn't Kudlow, Trump, and company have 4 years to bring back beautiful coal and bathe us all in fossil fuels.  What happened? 

Wait..Wait...I know...the dollar.  It's cheaper this way.  Fossil Fuel Energy companies are shifting to greener energy as fast as anybody. 

TRT, you follow the same fools who said the windmills froze in Texas when it was actually the fossil fuels suppliers that failed. 
I bet those people in Texas will take hamsters and wheels if it will keep the lights on.  Big Grin

Your calling anybody a fool and at the same time speaking of keeping the lights on, while so dimly lit yourself is a bit ironic. Don't you think?

And in typically guileful fashion, you just spread another lie. The wind turbines DID freeze. But green energy all-ins are qualifying that in trying to say their failures did not have that much influence on the Texas power grid failure overall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 02:48 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 02:19 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Didn't Kudlow, Trump, and company have 4 years to bring back beautiful coal and bathe us all in fossil fuels.  What happened? 

Wait..Wait...I know...the dollar.  It's cheaper this way.  Fossil Fuel Energy companies are shifting to greener energy as fast as anybody. 

I bet those people in Texas will take hamsters and wheels if it will keep the lights on.  Big Grin

Your calling anybody a fool and at the same time speaking of keeping the lights on, while so dimly lit yourself is a bit ironic. Don't you think?

And in typically guileful fashion, you just spread another lie. The wind turbines DID freeze. But green energy all-ins are qualifying that in trying to say their failures did not have that much influence on the Texas power grid failure overall.
Sleepy  Weak sauce, TRT.

My statement was too general allowing you a strawman argument.   Did the frozen windmills cause the massive power blackouts in Texas?

Nope.  The failure to winterize every component of the system from renewable to fossil fuel caused the blackout.  That's what happens when state govt. thinks it is a business instead of a service to the people.      

Dude, you created this thread with an implication that green energy fails even though that was a disingenuous lie told by Tucker and Texas Republicans.  I just pointed out fossil fuels are no more reliable when you don't pour the antifreeze in.
(04-13-2021, 02:10 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Most people have rather given up on the deficit argument. The US is so far over it's head at this point people just say that ship has sailed. At any rate my argument wasn't centered around the debt. It was centered around Dems using their power to do away with fossil fuels at taxpayer expense, no less.

I'm ashamed of you vector. You invariably take the wrong side of every issue and you never, and I mean never, disagree with anything a Dem has ever done. But I'm the one whose all about party? And it's not that you don't appear illiterate and absurdly shallow, because you do, nonetheless it is difficult for me to believe you're as dim as you let on.
I have always been against the debt whether republican or democrat this country can't go on like this BUT the only time i have noticed you ever bring up the debt is when a democrat is in the white house why ?
As far as the energy grid goes I bet we had some people who hated it we went from oil lights to electric or horse and buggy to automobiles I can remember not so long ago people was claiming gas plants couldn't provide enough electric 
As far as switching electric grid it's the future whether you like it or not it's coming
And by the way i have voted for republicans. Have you ever voted for a democrat in a national election ?
ttt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 03:29 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Flat out lie Cardfan. You said the windmills didn't freeze at all, but that it was instead the fault of fossil fuels suppliers. Which is a lie.

We've had hard freezes in Kentucky too, and they caused havoc at the Marathon refinery. But there was no natural gas distribution problems because the NG industry uses natural gas to fuel their transmission equipment. There was no shortage of gasoline or fuel oil in Texas either. 3 percent of America's energy needs are supplied by renewables. A lot of that 3 % is used by Texas which has more wind turbines than any other state in the union.

Texas, with 28,843 MW of capacity, about 16.8% of the state's electricity usage, had the most installed wind power capacity of any U.S. state at the end of 2019

I created this thread because Dems are getting ready to leave NG and Nuclear out in the cold where it comes to the new US energy grid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 03:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

I have always been against the debt whether republican or democrat this country can't go on like this BUT the only time i have noticed you ever bring up the debt is when a democrat is in the white house why ?
As far as the energy grid goes I bet we had some people who hated it we went from oil lights to electric or horse and buggy to automobiles I can remember not so long ago people was claiming gas plants couldn't provide enough electric 
As far as switching electric grid it's the future whether you like it or not it's coming
And by the way i have voted for republicans. Have you ever voted for a democrat in a national election ?

Well that's fine vector. Try to understand something and I can tell it's hard for you. I don't post to your liking because the two of us don't think tsame. I always explain and source my arguments, but if what I have provided as to what Larry Kudlow had to say about it does not satisfy you, then I guess that it's just going to have to be too bad. You going to accuse him of being a Republican homer too? I mean the guy did work for CNN before Trump tagged him in for White House duty.

I voted for Carter his first time around. Then I smartened up and voted for Ronald Reagan the next time. You voted for Carter again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 03:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Well that's fine vector. Try to understand something and I can tell it's hard for you. I don't post to your liking because the two of us don't think tsame. I always explain and source my arguments,  but if what I have provided as to what Larry Kudlow had to say  about it does not satisfy you, then I guess that it's just going to have to be too bad. You going to accuse him of being a Republican homer too? I mean the guy did work for CNN before Trump tagged him in for White House duty.

I voted for Carter his first time around. Then I smartened up and voted for Ronald Reagan the next time. You voted for Carter again.
Well isn't Larry the guy who said tax cuts would pay for themselves ? Which anyone knows they don't said we would have 4% GDP how's that work out. The corporations took there tax cuts and bought there stock back to keep the price high so there bonuses would be higher 
And Hell NO I didn't vote for Reagan I can remember working for MAPCO they would give us a magazine every month and on the front cover was a picture of Reagan and to this day I took it home and told my Dad this is who I was going to vote for. He said if this guy get's in he will starve you out and the rest is history. When you can't negotiate your benefits and wages then you have to take what they give you and History is showing what the results are now
(04-13-2021, 03:31 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:29 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Flat out lie Cardfan. You said the windmills didn't freeze at all, but that it was instead the fault of fossil fuels suppliers. Which is a lie.

We've had hard freezes in Kentucky too, and they caused havoc at the Marathon refinery. But there was no natural gas distribution problems because the NG industry uses natural gas to fuel their transmission equipment. There was no shortage of gasoline or fuel oil in Texas either. 3 percent of America's energy needs are supplied by renewables. A lot of that 3 % is used by Texas which has more wind turbines than any other state in the union.

Texas, with 28,843 MW of capacity, about 16.8% of the state's electricity usage, had the most installed wind power capacity of any U.S. state at the end of 2019

I created this thread because Dems are getting ready to leave NG and Nuclear out in the cold where it comes to the new US energy grid.
So if all the windmills froze (which they didn’t) that left a grid that should have been working at around 83%.  Right ? What was the problem?  Which failure was astronomically worse ?  
  Don’t ask Tucker...use those fine math skills. Big Grin 
You gonna have to do more research.
(04-13-2021, 05:18 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:42 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 01:20 PM)vector#1 Wrote: You got to be the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE on here 

Well that's fine vector. Try to understand something and I can tell it's hard for you. I don't post to your liking because the two of us don't think tsame. I always explain and source my arguments,  but if what I have provided as to what Larry Kudlow had to say  about it does not satisfy you, then I guess that it's just going to have to be too bad. You going to accuse him of being a Republican homer too? I mean the guy did work for CNN before Trump tagged him in for White House duty.

Well isn't Larry the guy who said tax cuts would pay for themselves ? Which anyone knows they don't said we would have 4% GDP how's that work out. The corporations took there tax cuts and bought there stock back to keep the price high so there bonuses would be higher 
And Hell NO I didn't vote for Reagan I can remember working for MAPCO they would give us a magazine every month and on the front cover was a picture of Reagan and to this day I took it home and told my Dad this is who I was going to vote for. He said if this guy get's in he will starve you out and the rest is history. When you can't negotiate your benefits and wages then you have to take what they give you and History is showing what the results are now
Well here's a little more info on your boy Larry. Has he ever been right on anything ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Kudlow
This guy sounds just like you wrong at every turn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
Kudlow is an idiot only Trump would hire.
(04-13-2021, 07:15 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Kudlow is an idiot only Trump would hire.

Oh of course Kudlow is an idiot. From the founders all the way up though those who lived in the 60's are idiots, because they would have disagreed with you too. Heck, everybody who doesn't agree with you and your ilk are idiots.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 05:26 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

So if all the windmills froze (which they didn’t) that left a grid that should have been working at around 83%.  Right ? What was the problem?  Which failure was astronomically worse ?  

I couldn't do enough research to beat back the lies you tell friend. You have no honor and no shame. I couldn't care less what Tucker said and I didn't quote him. You lied because that's what you do. If you're typing you're lying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 10:31 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

I couldn't do enough research to beat back the lies you tell friend. You have no honor and no shame. I couldn't care less what Tucker said and I didn't quote him. You lied because that's what you do. If you're typing you're lying.
That’s a cowardly response.    Confused
Can’t you explain why the windmills of Texas didn’t make up for the other 83% of the grid’s failure?
(04-13-2021, 10:45 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Can’t you explain why the windmills of Texas didn’t make up for the other 83% of the grid’s failure?

Now why would I want to help a prolific liar rehabilitate himself for the sake of his being restored to tell even more lies? You lied about the wind turbines and everybody on here saw that you did. Lying is all you got, ever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 10:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 05:26 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So if all the windmills froze (which they didn’t) that left a grid that should have been working at around 83%.  Right ? What was the problem?  Which failure was astronomically worse ?  

Now why would I want to help a prolific liar rehabilitate himself for the sake of his being restored to tell even more lies? You lied about the wind turbines and everybody on here saw that you did. Lying is all you got, ever.
Strawman. Weak one at that. 

come on, TRT.  Why did the Texas grid fail?
(04-13-2021, 10:57 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 05:26 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So if all the windmills froze (which they didn’t) that left a grid that should have been working at around 83%.  Right ? What was the problem?  Which failure was astronomically worse ?  

Still better than lying like you do but look. You got something to say, YOU say it. My thread is about your side not funding for NG and nuclear in the infrastructure bill. I could care less and can always skip over your ridiculousness.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-13-2021, 11:17 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 10:31 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: I couldn't do enough research to beat back the lies you tell friend. You have no honor and no shame. I couldn't care less what Tucker said and I didn't quote him. You lied because that's what you do. If you're typing you're lying.

Still better than lying like you do but look. You got something to say, YOU say it. My thread is about your side not funding for NG and nuclear in the infrastructure bill. I could care less and can always skip over your ridiculousness.
Big Grin  Big Grin 
You can’t answer a question.
(04-13-2021, 10:28 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 07:15 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Kudlow is an idiot only Trump would hire.

Oh of course Kudlow is an idiot. From the founders all the way up though those who lived in the 60's are idiots, because they would have disagreed with you too. Heck, everybody who doesn't agree with you and your ilk are idiots.
Don't think he is a Idiot he is just WRONG all the time

(04-13-2021, 11:50 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 10:45 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: That’s a cowardly response.    Confused

Big Grin  Big Grin 
It's Deregulation that's the Republican way for everything and again it will come back and bite you in the A$$
(04-13-2021, 10:45 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: That’s a cowardly response.    Confused

Big Grin  Big Grin 

Well, since TRT won't answer your question, I will.  The system failed because of a natural gas failure, plus poor planning.
(04-14-2021, 09:59 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 10:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Now why would I want to help a prolific liar rehabilitate himself for the sake of his being restored to tell even more lies? You lied about the wind turbines and everybody on here saw that you did. Lying is all you got, ever.

Big Grin  Big Grin 

Well, since TRT won't answer your question, I will.  The system failed because of a natural gas failure, plus poor planning.
In other words Deregulation in layman's terms Fox guarding the Hen House
(04-14-2021, 09:59 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 10:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Now why would I want to help a prolific liar rehabilitate himself for the sake of his being restored to tell even more lies? You lied about the wind turbines and everybody on here saw that you did. Lying is all you got, ever.

Big Grin  Big Grin 

^^ This means nothing.. Might as well have said it was DJT's fault for breathing, and let it go at that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^ It was not a natural gas failure, it was an equipment failure. Texas is normally very temperate, but natural gas turbines froze this time because they weren't winterized. Likely a money savings gamble, who knows. That doesn't change the fact that in no way does the situation cast doubt on the existing wisdom of power generation; as if renewables are going to be somehow more reliable. Renewables don't even exist.

I wanted Cardfan to step up and inform us so I could expose his deceit, but I'll accept your effort Outsider. Natural gas is part of the power grid, it wasn't a natural gas failure, the gas was there.
Austin American-Statesman--
Grant Ruckel: “Pipelines do not freeze. They are naturally insulated. They’re buried beneath the ground.”

PolitiFact's ruling: True
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/pol...596289001/

The global warming alarmists up and down the line are always on hand to flood the news with supportive data and findings to advance their agenda. NONETHELESS, this thread is about the fact that funding for NG and nuclear concerns will not be included if the Dems get their way on the infrastructure bill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-14-2021, 01:17 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ It was not a natural gas failure, it was an equipment failure. Texas is normally very temperate, but natural gas turbines froze this time because they weren't winterized. Likely a money savings gamble, who knows. That doesn't change the fact that in no way does the situation cast doubt on the existing wisdom of power generation; as if renewables are going to be somehow more reliable. Renewables don't even exist.

I wanted Cardfan to step up and inform us so I could expose his deceit, but I'll accept your effort Outsider. Natural gas is part of the power grid, it wasn't a natural gas failure, the gas was there.
Grant Ruckel: “Pipelines do not freeze. They are naturally insulated. They’re buried beneath the ground.”

The global warming alarmists up and down the line are always on hand to flood the news with supportive data and findings to advance their agenda. NONETHELESS, this thread is about the fact that funding for NG and nuclear concerns will not be included if the Dems get their way on the infrastructure bill.
Would you also say it's a Deregulation failure ?
(04-14-2021, 01:53 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 01:17 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ It was not a natural gas failure, it was an equipment failure. Texas is normally very temperate, but natural gas turbines froze this time because they weren't winterized. Likely a money savings gamble, who knows. That doesn't change the fact that in no way does the situation cast doubt on the existing wisdom of power generation; as if renewables are going to be somehow more reliable. Renewables don't even exist.

Well I'll tell ya vector. IF the people there in Texas running the show really have to have Washington telling them every move to make, we're all had anyway.

Nonetheless pm Cardfan back, and tell him he's doing great at giving you all the lefty talking points.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-14-2021, 03:13 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Well I'll tell ya vector. IF the people there in Texas running the show really have to have Washington telling them every move to make, we're all had anyway.

Nonetheless pm Cardfan back, and tell him he's doing great at giving you all the lefty talking points.
I bet the people in Texas when there power went out over NO one watchin out for them(Deregulation) wished there had been. Instead didn't the State Leaders requested a emergency declaration(gimme money) ?
Deregulation is not always the best thing greed takes over human nature.
Look at what happened in 2007 and 2008.
(04-14-2021, 03:46 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 03:13 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

I bet the people in Texas when there power went out over NO one watchin out for them(Deregulation) wished there had been. Instead didn't the State Leaders requested a emergency declaration(gimme money) ?
Deregulation is not always the best thing greed takes over human nature.
Look at what happened in 2007 and 2008.

I notice you went back to your old style of writing. Normally, deregulation is the best thing that possibly could happen. Past that your post was pretty good comic relief. Oh and vector, even  though you strain so hard to maintain your online image your desire to be more 'noticed' on here for lack of a better way to put it, is very Chester-esque.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]