Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District
Obviously the strongest District in the the Region. Lets hear some predictions.:rockon:
14th Champ Wrote:Obviously the strongest District in the the Region. Lets hear some predictions.:rockon:

54th is the strongest overall.
Last years regional tournament.
PCC 9, Lee County 2
Leslie Co. 9, Estill Co. 3
rawlingsfan Wrote:54th is the strongest overall.
Last years regional tournament.
PCC 9, Lee County 2
Leslie Co. 9, Estill Co. 3
That is last year. We are talking about this year. Past doesnt matter. PCC lost Couch and about 3 other players. Leslie lost the same. Lee lost only 2, and Estill loses Kirby, Berryman, and Sewell.
the owls have a decent lineup returning next season
HotSauce32 Wrote:the owls have a decent lineup returning next season
From what we've seen in the past few years, I don't look for them to have a decent lineup. It's going to take a while.
yeh leslie lost a few key players but u hav to think of the players stepping up to replace them
mlb_27 Wrote:yeh leslie lost a few key players but u hav to think of the players stepping up to replace them
The only player I can think of is Jimmy Jo Morgan, I doubt anybody else would ring a bell.
who are the front runners this year in the 56th, its always competitive...If I was guessing i would say Powell, but im not sure since Estill got moved in...
bigE Wrote:who are the front runners this year in the 56th, its always competitive...If I was guessing i would say Powell, but im not sure since Estill got moved in...

1. Powell County
2. Estill County
3. Lee County
4. Owsley County

#1 seed should be in excellent shape because they can throw off against Owsley Co. #2 will have to throw thier ace to beat Lee County (that's assuming that Lee County doesn't get the #1 seed again like they did in '07). Lee County's Drake has proven he is good enough to beat Powell or Estill.

Estill's line-up will not be as strong as last year (losing Kirby and Sewell), but they will still be good, especially when Freeman is on the hill. Powell lost their top pitcher (Benningfield), but Brewer, Kinser, and Profitt will provide the Pirates with three solid arms.
1. Estill

2. Lee

3. Powell

4. Owsley
1. Powell
2. Estill
3. Lee
4. Owsley
well it looks like between those 4 it could be any one of them the way people are ranking them...with the exception of Owsley of course...
bigE Wrote:well it looks like between those 4 it could be any one of them the way people are ranking them...with the exception of Owsley of course...
Lee will be down a little bit without Schuler and Perkins. They still have Drake which is definitely a plus. Estill lost Berryman, Sewell, and Kirby but return Christopher, Napier, and Freeman who helped them out tremendously. Powell has a good senior class with Brewer, Kinser, Pelfrey, Profitt, and Ryan. In my opinion I can see Estill and Powell going down to the line every time this year. They are easily two of the best in the Region this year.
Again Lee is the underdog and Powell is the #1............Lets only hope for a re-peat.................Lee against Powell 2-0, Lee against Estill 1-1, Lee against Owsley 2-0...................................(regular season).....................I again think lee is a frontrunner for the district and the region!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3under_PAR Wrote:Again Lee is the underdog and Powell is the #1............Lets only hope for a re-peat.................Lee against Powell 2-0, Lee against Estill 1-1, Lee against Owsley 2-0...................................(regular season).....................I again think lee is a frontrunner for the district and the region!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I might be able to agree with you on Lee being the front runner in the district. It would be agreeable to think that Estill, Powell, and Lee bring good competition to the table. But Lee being atop the region is pushing it. PCC and Hazard bring back solid clubs. It will be a toss up as usual in the 14th.
Godspeed Wrote:I might be able to agree with you on Lee being the front runner in the district. It would be agreeable to think that Estill, Powell, and Lee bring good competition to the table. But Lee being atop the region is pushing it. PCC and Hazard bring back solid clubs. It will be a toss up as usual in the 14th.

I know it is summer ball and tons of things can happen before the regular season but.........lee did beat Hazard and PCC was playing seniors that had already graduated...couch, nopolis, and another one.
3under_PAR Wrote:I know it is summer ball and tons of things can happen before the regular season but.........lee did beat Hazard and PCC was playing seniors that had already graduated...couch, nopolis, and another one.
I remember I was watching PCC and Powell play in summer ball, and in the JV game PCC pitched Nopolis and still got beat. Powell has a decent group of young guys coming up in future years.
It's going to come down to whoever gets the #1 seed come tourney time. Estill, Lee, or Powell can throw off against Owsley, while the other two will have to throw their #1's.
Powell
Estill
Lee
Owsley
Dirty Wrote:Powell
Estill
Lee
Owsley
Looks good Dirty!!:thumpsup:
rawlingsfan Wrote:1. Powell County
2. Estill County
3. Lee County
4. Owsley County

#1 seed should be in excellent shape because they can throw off against Owsley Co. #2 will have to throw thier ace to beat Lee County (that's assuming that Lee County doesn't get the #1 seed again like they did in '07). Lee County's Drake has proven he is good enough to beat Powell or Estill.

Estill's line-up will not be as strong as last year (losing Kirby and Sewell), but they will still be good, especially when Freeman is on the hill. Powell lost their top pitcher (Benningfield), but Brewer, Kinser, and Profitt will provide the Pirates with three solid arms.

I believe Estill can replace Kirby and Sewell, the biggest loss from last year is Berryman great arm, great bat, great at 3rd base.
Berryman played CF last year
goinyard Wrote:Berryman played CF last year
Point being?
Point being that the only part of Berryman's game that will need to be replaced will be his bat. Freeman, Boain, and Isaacs are all capable of playing center, and all have stronger arms than Berryman.
goinyard Wrote:Point being that the only part of Berryman's game that will need to be replaced will be his bat. Freeman, Boain, and Isaacs are all capable of playing center, and all have stronger arms than Berryman.
Boian did not have a better arm than Berryman. That is a straight up fact. Freeman is too slow to play center. He does have a great arm and that's why he strives at the RF position as well as on the mound. Cody was an all around good player. He had enough speed to run down balls in the gap and make some key plays.
Estill also has Taylor Fagin who showed great talent at the JV level last year with excellent speed and hitting ability. He could also be a big help to the outfield especially with freeman on the hill.
Godspeed Wrote:Boian did not have a better arm than Berryman. That is a straight up fact. Freeman is too slow to play center. He does have a great arm and that's why he strives at the RF position as well as on the mound. Cody was an all around good player. He had enough speed to run down balls in the gap and make some key plays.
Berryman's ability to track down balls in the massive outfield at Estill will truly be missed. I don't know how many hits he took away last year.
I Think Owsley County Has Some Talent, But Their School System Doesnt Seem To Cae About There Baseball Program, They Need To Look For A Real Baseball Coach And Not Just Hire Within To Save Money.....
uk hoops Wrote:I Think Owsley County Has Some Talent, But Their School System Doesnt Seem To Cae About There Baseball Program, They Need To Look For A Real Baseball Coach And Not Just Hire Within To Save Money.....

Excatly Owsley school system dosen't care about their baseball program it is all about basketball. Owsley does in deed have some talent they have 2 juniors that are really good baseball players in Kyle Bobrowski and Jordan Hardy. And some talented seniors as well.
estill lost some big bats...but they didnt lose any pitchin..considering sewells injury...the opposing teams better bring they're lucky bats cause estill is gonna be a monster on the hill this yr.