Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Letcher County Central
(05-10-2021, 10:25 PM)clipperw Wrote: I'd be shocked if Kevin Spurlock took the job. He just retired from teaching and last I saw he was talking about moving to Texas to be close to some of his grandkids. Minds have been known to change but I dont see Spurlock being interested.
Spurlock did apply
(05-10-2021, 06:35 PM)TakeOver12 Wrote: Big Al used LCC to get a pay raise. Everyone knows that.
Casey Huff, Jim Hicks, Jeff Honeycutt or Robert Amis.
They need to hire someone soon.

I heard Amis is with all his exes in Texas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sacbunt's post:
  • TakeOver12
Ive been hearing Shannon Hoskins name being mentioned as in the mix.
(05-11-2021, 11:13 AM)sacbunt Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:35 PM)TakeOver12 Wrote: Big Al used LCC to get a pay raise. Everyone knows that.
Casey Huff, Jim Hicks, Jeff Honeycutt or Robert Amis.
They need to hire someone soon.

I heard Amis is with all his exes in Texas.

Did he hang his hat in Tennessee?
(05-11-2021, 08:11 AM)UKisN1 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:25 PM)clipperw Wrote: I'd be shocked if Kevin Spurlock took the job. He just retired from teaching and last I saw he was talking about moving to Texas to be close to some of his grandkids. Minds have been known to change but I dont see Spurlock being interested.
Spurlock did apply

Spurlock's name is in the hat at several places right now.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 14th next season.
Honeycutt no longer in the running
No one is hiring Spurlock.
Any news?
Dragging their feet. Worst thing you could be doing right now.
Waiting for the right coach. Donnie Frazier from Ridge View is what Im hearing.
Rushing into something is the worst choice. May have coaching staff in place by Monday.
Raymond Justice....it is the 90s again!!!!!
(05-14-2021, 11:44 AM)UKisN1 Wrote: Rushing into something is the worst choice. May have coaching staff in place by Monday.

you are right. I just want to see the LCC program do well and they’re doing their due diligence. Excited to see someone get in there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TakeOver12's post:
  • UKisN1
Lcc back to the drawing board..
Interviews are this week
Why would anyone even consider hiring Kevin Spurlock?
Because hes a good coach. Doesnt parent please. Hes does it his way or the highway.
Doesn’t matter who is coach, Letcher will never be a consistent contender.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FunFan's post:
  • sportyd
(05-18-2021, 12:14 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Because hes a good coach.  Doesnt parent please.  Hes does it his way or the highway.

Unfortunately, that’s why he has problems too.
That’s more of an indictment on one current state of high school athletics than Kevin imo.

He had his issues at Floyd Central, but I guarantee you the things he said are comparable with things said from a lot of coaches people hold in high regard around here.
Letcher needs to hire a coach that wont listen to parents and all that crap. That is what has been wrong with sports in this county, going back to whitesburg high and neon.. some kids playing because daddy gave money, or threatening the coaches.. I'm not sure it's like that everywhere else.. but here its bad..
Its a problem in the 14th Region. Coaches are afraid to do whats right. Got to put food on the table for their family. They just do what they are told.
Never is a long time.
The rivalry in the county is within the parents, not the kids. I’ve seen it first hand. Whoever takes over needs to just worry about basketball and that’s it. People please and what not won’t get you anywhere. Play ball and contend. There’s plenty of talent to be consistent region contenders. Let’s get a coach in there and play some ball.
No matter who the coach is what could Letcher do within the district/region?
(05-19-2021, 07:00 PM)NikeFruit Wrote: No matter who the coach is what could Letcher do within the district/region?
With the right coach, LCC should win the district next year. They will return everyone. As far as the region, it ill be down, i would expect them to be in the top 3.
Who got interviewed?
(05-18-2021, 04:50 PM)FunFan Wrote: Doesn’t matter who is coach, Letcher will never be a consistent contender.
They certainly have the enrollment size at 900 to be a top contender every year. It is going to take someone who is a motivated coach and leader with organizational skills to get their feeder programs developed into productive systems. Letcher Central has everything it takes be a dominant program in the 14th.
They have the talent.. they need a coach that wont play politics.. that's been the problem in the past...
I thought they had a decent team from what I seen last year at times but just lacked size and discipline. They competed with the region champs last year at Knott. And if they get a right coach and the Johnson kid back they’d have serious potential.
I think it'll be a guy with a lot of tattoos.