Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isaac Dixon Will Return For Belfry For Class of 2022
I guess it's too early for trash talking. I'll try back in August lol. One thing everybody agrees on in best of luck to Dixon - and everyone else who had to put a lot of thought into what they would do with their lives in the next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
If I were advising this young man. I’d ask him one question: What more do you have to prove in High School? Hes already in the Pantheon of Great Pirate Backs with State Championship Rings, All State Honors, Finalists for Mr. Football....ETC. If Mr. Football is his goal for coming back. I’m afraid it’s not going to happen. Not that the young isn’t deserving, HE IS! I just have a sneaking suspicion that the State Sports Media will not look favorably on 5th years players when they cast their votes for Mr. Football. Even under normal circumstances, that would be an uphill battle for Issac because he comes from a Mountain School. I don’t see the kid growing six inches between now and national signing day next February, so I don’t see what he has to gain from this. Not to mention the risk of serious injury at every snap that could derail his career. Now, before some of you Belfry fans say what I know you’re going to say. I’ll say this: If Issac Dixon wore Maroon instead of Angry Red. I’d advise him to go on to WVU and make the most of his opportunity. Knowing Coach Mac like I do, I’d be willing to say he’d advise the young man to do the same.
[-] The following 2 users Like HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • #55PirateFan, PHSForever
^^^Mic drop and the crowd sat in stunned silence lol.
(05-18-2021, 07:07 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: If I were advising this young man. I’d ask him one question: What more do you have to prove in High School? Hes already in the Pantheon of Great Pirate Backs with State Championship Rings, All State Honors, Finalists for Mr. Football....ETC. If Mr. Football is his goal for coming back. I’m afraid it’s not going to happen. Not that the young isn’t deserving, HE IS! I just have a sneaking suspicion that the State Sports Media will not look favorably on 5th years players when they cast their votes for Mr. Football. Even under normal circumstances, that would be an uphill battle for Issac because he comes from a Mountain School. I don’t see the kid growing six inches between now and national signing day next February, so I don’t see what he has to gain from this. Not to mention the risk of serious injury at every snap that could derail his career. Now, before some of you Belfry fans say what I know you’re going to say. I’ll say this: If Issac Dixon wore Maroon instead of Angry Red. I’d advise him to go on to WVU and make the most of his opportunity. Knowing Coach Mac like I do, I’d be willing to say he’d advise the young man to do the same.
My son went to Belfry and I followed the program (religiously) the four years he was there. It's a great football program with a Hall of Fame coach, I think we all can agree with that. With that said, I agree with everything you said here Hail Pikeville. 

Isaac is my cousin and a great football player but, in my opinion, this is a decision he may regret. Like you said, what more does he have to prove at this level? But the most important thing you said that could possibly happen is a career ending injury. And for what? 

Belfry is a run first football team and they've been that way ever since I can remember. That means their "feature" backs usually end up with more touches (runs) at the end of the year than almost any other RB in the State. Because of this they're also twice as likely to suffer a serious injury. 

I'm sure he's talked it over with the people who are very close to him and they think this is the right decision. If that's what he really wants then I wish him the best. But, me personally, I think it's a mistake. This kid has the talent and the opportunity to play at the next level and get his education paid for. Why risk all that for one more year of high school "glory"? I just don't get it. But it's his decision and I hope it all works out for him in the end.
[-] The following 2 users Like #55PirateFan's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot
(05-19-2021, 10:40 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 07:07 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: If I were advising this young man. I’d ask him one question: What more do you have to prove in High School? Hes already in the Pantheon of Great Pirate Backs with State Championship Rings, All State Honors, Finalists for Mr. Football....ETC. If Mr. Football is his goal for coming back. I’m afraid it’s not going to happen. Not that the young isn’t deserving, HE IS! I just have a sneaking suspicion that the State Sports Media will not look favorably on 5th years players when they cast their votes for Mr. Football. Even under normal circumstances, that would be an uphill battle for Issac because he comes from a Mountain School. I don’t see the kid growing six inches between now and national signing day next February, so I don’t see what he has to gain from this. Not to mention the risk of serious injury at every snap that could derail his career. Now, before some of you Belfry fans say what I know you’re going to say. I’ll say this: If Issac Dixon wore Maroon instead of Angry Red. I’d advise him to go on to WVU and make the most of his opportunity. Knowing Coach Mac like I do, I’d be willing to say he’d advise the young man to do the same.
My son went to Belfry and I followed the program (religiously) the four years he was there. It's a great football program with a Hall of Fame coach, I think we all can agree with that. With that said, I agree with everything you said here Hail Pikeville. 

Isaac is my cousin and a great football player but, in my opinion, this is a decision he may regret. Like you said, what more does he have to prove at this level? But the most important thing you said that could possibly happen is a career ending injury. And for what? 

Belfry is a run first football team and they've been that way ever since I can remember. That means their "feature" backs usually end up with more touches (runs) at the end of the year than almost any other RB in the State. Because of this they're also twice as likely to suffer a serious injury. 

I'm sure he's talked it over with the people who are very close to him and they think this is the right decision. If that's what he really wants then I wish him the best. But, me personally, I think it's a mistake. This kid has the talent and the opportunity to play at the next level and get his education paid for. Why risk all that for one more year of high school "glory"? I just don't get it. But it's his decision and I hope it all works out for him in the end.
You guys realize that Dixon was a PWO at West Virginia. That means he was going to pay his own way to go to school, so he’s really not walking away from anything. If he comes back this year, and doesn’t get any offers, then he can walk on somewhere next year. He really has nothing to lose by coming back. I doubt he’s coming back for more glory, he’s probably coming back to try and earn a scholarship and get his education paid for.
(05-19-2021, 06:17 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:

You guys realize that Dixon was a PWO at West Virginia. That means he was going to pay his own way to go to school, so he’s really not walking away from anything. If he comes back this year, and doesn’t get any offers, then he can walk on somewhere next year. He really has nothing to lose by coming back. I doubt he’s coming back for more glory, he’s probably coming back to try and earn a scholarship and get his education paid for.
Mic drop. And the crowd sits in stunned silence.
^^^Please. Tons of schools will give him a free ride tomorrow. So please.
(05-19-2021, 10:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Please. Tons of schools will give him a free ride tomorrow. So please.
Did he have full rides he turned down?
D3 and D2 generally don’t give full rides, so any of those schools he would have been paying part of his own way. Schools like Morehead, Dayton, and Butler are FCS in name only, they don’t give scholarships, they are glorified D3. Everybody is quick to judge these kids on what is best for them, when in reality the kid is doing what he is thinks is best for him. 
Hopefully the kid can improve his situation, and if he doesn’t, he can always walk on again. Good luck to him!

You do realize that a PWO is a GAURANTEE roster spot and most likely can earn some scholarship money or even a full ride if he sticks to it and works hard enough. We have seen it done.... where as if he walks on a program, he has to "TRY- OUT" and zero guarantee roster spot. Like I mentioned before, if a student- athlete(s) with all of his accolade (all TD and rushing/ receiving yards record, all- district, all state, state champ etc etc) and has NOT earned a full scholarship in 4 yrs, they're probably NOT going to in their 5th yr. MIC DROPPED!
(05-20-2021, 09:42 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

You do realize that a PWO is a GAURANTEE roster spot and most likely can earn some scholarship money or even a full ride if he sticks to it and works hard enough. We have seen it done.... where as if he walks on a program, he has to "TRY- OUT" and zero guarantee roster spot. Like I mentioned before, if a student- athlete(s) with all of his accolade (all TD and rushing/ receiving yards record, all- district, all state, state champ etc etc) and has NOT earned a full scholarship in 4 yrs, they're probably NOT going to in their 5th yr. MIC DROPPED!
This Mic Drop thing you guys have going on is cute! A PWO is a guaranteed roster spot, and I played D1 football and saw plenty of PWO’s go 3 or 4 years before they ever even got a sniff at a scholarship. They work their asses off, and move their way up the depth chart every spring, only to be pushed back down when the new signees that some coaches on the staff recruited, show up on campus. Those guys on scholarship get every opportunity in the world to prove themselves over the walk ons because the school has money invested in them.
To act like just because he has a roster spot, means he will get a scholarship eventually, is flawed thinking. There is no guarantee of that, or of him getting anything after his 5th year. I agree with you, he probably doesn’t have the size to land a D1 offer, but he may land something better than a PWO. The kid is willing to bet on himself, and if he’s comfortable with his decision, then so be it.
(05-20-2021, 09:56 AM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:

This Mic Drop thing you guys have going on is cute! A PWO is a guaranteed roster spot, and I played D1 football and saw plenty of PWO’s go 3 or 4 years before they ever even got a sniff at a scholarship. They work their asses off, and move their way up the depth chart every spring, only to be pushed back down when the new signees that some coaches on the staff recruited, show up on campus. Those guys on scholarship get every opportunity in the world to prove themselves over the walk ons because the school has money invested in them.
To act like just because he has a roster spot, means he will get a scholarship eventually, is flawed thinking. There is no guarantee of that, or of him getting anything after his 5th year. I agree with you, he probably doesn’t have the size to land a D1 offer, but he may land something better than a PWO. The kid is willing to bet on himself, and if he’s comfortable with his decision, then so be it.
I was mocking Michael Jordan profile pic dude with his mic drop. And as far as the student- athlete(s) putting himself in a better position in earning a possible scholarship, we shall by this time next year
(05-19-2021, 10:10 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Please. Tons of schools will give him a free ride tomorrow. So please.

Tons? Come on now.
Some of y'all are completely off the chain...and quite honestly out of bounds on some of these comments. You're still referencing a kid. Not an adult. This thread is way beyond it's usefulness. A bunch of keyboard warriors attacking/mocking/questioning a young man for making a decision that HE feels is in HIS best interest. Let it go people. You'll have plenty of time in the upcoming months to bash away. Very disappointing too say the least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • KentuckyHillBilly5321
(05-20-2021, 10:05 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 09:56 AM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 10:40 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote: My son went to Belfry and I followed the program (religiously) the four years he was there. It's a great football program with a Hall of Fame coach, I think we all can agree with that. With that said, I agree with everything you said here Hail Pikeville. 

I was mocking Michael Jordan profile pic dude with his mic drop. And as far as the student- athlete(s) putting himself in a better position in earning a possible scholarship, we shall by this time next year
As I was mocking one of our favorite posters from across the hill in the big city as they sit on their soap box and make decisions for kids that they don’t know or know anything about.
I can see why the kid wants to go to the flagship university in his home state (wink wink). Belfry fans acting like they want what's best for the kid crack me up. They want what is best for Belfry and everyone knows it. The kid belongs in college and any honest person will say it out loud. Be sure to send the Floyd Central tape to WVU.
Hail Pikeville's post was spot on and everyone knows it. And you people calling other people keyboard warriors while mouthing off on your keyboard are hilarious. The kid is getting bad advice, further your academic and athletic career in college and not vs. Floyd Central.
(05-20-2021, 11:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I can see why the kid wants to go to the flagship university in his home state (wink wink). Belfry fans acting like they want what's best for the kid crack me up. They want what is best for Belfry and everyone knows it. The kid belongs in college and any honest person will say it out loud. Be sure to send the Floyd Central tape to WVU.
Hail Pikeville's post was spot on and everyone knows it. And you people calling other people keyboard warriors while mouthing off on your keyboard are hilarious. The kid is getting bad advice, further your academic and athletic career in college and not vs. Floyd Central.
Once again.....your hatred for all things Belfry related shines through.....as it always has. Some things never change. A skunk always stinks.  A pig always wallows in the mud. You can’t even make a post about a young man and his future without taking potshots.  That’s a little disturbing.    Just because you and some others don’t agree with HIS decision....that doesn’t make HIS decision wrong.  Sounds like the liberal Democrat mantra.  I’ll practice acceptance as long as I agree with it or it fits my agenda. Damned your position.    Are you a guidance counselor? A therapist? You a college advisor?  Even if you were all those things....you still wouldn’t know what’s best for HIM. If it upsets you so much....reach out to his family and provide the “guidance” they need.    Quit sharing it with us.
(05-20-2021, 11:55 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 11:08 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I can see why the kid wants to go to the flagship university in his home state (wink wink). Belfry fans acting like they want what's best for the kid crack me up. They want what is best for Belfry and everyone knows it. The kid belongs in college and any honest person will say it out loud. Be sure to send the Floyd Central tape to WVU.
Once again.....your hatred for all things Belfry related shines through.....as it always has. Some things never change. A skunk always stinks.  A pig always wallows in the mud. You can’t even make a post about a young man and his future without taking potshots.  That’s a little disturbing.    Just because you and some others don’t agree with HIS decision....that doesn’t make HIS decision wrong.  Sounds like the liberal Democrat mantra.  I’ll practice acceptance as long as I agree with it or it fits my agenda. Damned your position.    Are you a guidance counselor? A therapist? You a college advisor?  Even if you were all those things....you still wouldn’t know what’s best for HIM. If it upsets you so much....reach out to his family and provide the “guidance” they need.    Quit sharing it with us.
You don't have to read my posts, name-calling triggered dude. I don't hate Belfry at all, I just look down on the ones who wear their Belfry jerseys to church, the water park, to Pikeville restaurants, and everywhere else 12 months a year. And most of them never lived in Belfry. So spare me please. This kid is announcing to the world that Belfry High School is his ceiling by going back there when he could be moving forward. But by all means send his 2021 Floyd Central highlights to everyone, it may make his extra year at Belfry worth something while everyone moving on gets a year ahead of him. skunk/pig/dumba$$
That's a low blow and not fighting fair haha...
(05-21-2021, 12:20 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Yeah....your forgot liberal Democrat.  I knew that would sting Smile
(05-21-2021, 12:22 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Yeah....your forgot liberal Democrat.  I knew that would sting  Smile
Yes you nuked me, I am dead now haha, my heirs are typing this. In all seriousness I hope Isaac is Mr Football, Belfry wins another title and their only loss is to Pikeville, and that is the honest truth.
(05-21-2021, 12:33 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:22 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Yeah....your forgot liberal Democrat.  I knew that would sting  Smile
Yes you nuked me, I am dead now haha, my heirs are typing this. In all seriousness I hope Isaac is Mr Football, Belfry wins another title and their only loss is to Pikeville, and that is the honest truth.
Goodnight John Boy.
  • jetpilot
To be somewhat fair, I'm sure a walk-on would still need to maintain college-level GPAs once there. I don't know the young man. He may be a brilliant kid, and I hope he is. But knowing the previous scholastic year for my 14-year-old leaves me believing that virtually no student is ready to move on to another grade, much less the next academic level. I'm not indicting teachers, but let's face it. For every child this year should be a do over.

Now, if I were in school, would I want to repeat? Doubtful. It's easy to see why it could be beneficial from an adult perspective, but when you're young you think school is the worst. I get that. I've tried to get my kid to repeat her freshman year, but she's a stubborn as a lot of BGR posters. Ha.

I have no problem with it. I do hope all kids that come back also take the year seriously. I'm not in their shoes, but any kid that tries to better prepare themselves whether it be in school or in sports or both, shows a lot of character. It isn't an easy decision. It can be a gamble. I certainly don't know the ins and outs of it all. But we all know if the goal is to get into college, scholarship or walk on, you have to be ready, capable, and prepared for college studies. And due to the unusual school year we just had, many kids are not ready, no matter if it's sports related or not.
(05-19-2021, 10:07 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Mic drop. And the crowd sits in stunned silence.
Every one has to make the best decision for themselves
From what I hear it was down to him and one other kid for last scholarship spot at WVU. It had already even offered to the other kid they was waiting to see if he accepted. If not Dixion was getting the scholarship. The kid accepted so Dixion got the PWO. So I can see where coming back and getting better and already having the relationship with WVU could land him a scholarship offer this next time. A year of paying for college is a lot of money and I’m sure weighed heavy in his decision. My son is also coming back and I can assure you no one pressured him into that decision. Will we enjoy seeing Issac back another year, absolutely but only if he feels like it’s best for him and obviously he does. This is not a Belfry thing it’s a individual thing and what’s best for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belfry fan 75's post:
  • Hurricane Storm
Will be a great returner for Belfry.

Really to be honest a PWO is to make sure you have enough practice and scout team players, of course you can earn some money or playing time, but the players on schloarship are going to get 100 chances to fail first because there are a investment- the Prefreed is just a way to pretty it up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • KentuckyHillBilly5321
(05-24-2021, 02:13 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Really to be honest a PWO is to make sure you have enough practice and scout team players, of course you can earn some money or playing time, but the players on schloarship are going to get 100 chances to fail first because there are a investment- the Prefreed is just a way to pretty it up.

Hunter Renfrow and several more kids would disagree with your opinion.
How does BGR let people like outlaw josey wells stay on here putting young kids down. This person is a joke and full of hatred. He has no knowledge of sports. He is on here to put people down. Here is my message to you. I will be there when Dixon runs all over your team. Then put that in your pipe and smoke it. Take a look at Dixon's highlight video in the 3A state champiobship game against bell county you jealous ignorant adult oh I mean child.
He should run all over everyone's team. He'll literally be a man amongst boys.
(05-26-2021, 09:00 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: How does BGR let people like outlaw josey wells stay on here putting young kids down. This person is a joke and full of hatred. He has no knowledge of sports. He is on here to put people down. Here is my message to you. I will be there when Dixon runs all over your team. Then put that in your pipe and smoke it. Take a look at Dixon's highlight video in the 3A state champiobship game against bell county you jealous ignorant adult oh I mean child.
What is the blue h#%l are you taking about?   You need to take another look at who has posted in this thread.  I’ve not been anything but complimentary and supportive in my comments.   If you’re gonna call someone out....make sure you call out the right person
  • PHS DYNASTY