Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ?
As I type this, our president is speaking before Congress. Feel free to post your thoughts on the president's address to Congress tonight( I know you're watching!)  What do you hear that you like and what do you not like?  How do you think the President performed on the big stage?  I suspect that if he announces he has found a cure for cancer and has a guaranteed plan for world peace, there would be some that would condemn him.  What do you think of those two lovely ladies perched behind our president as he speaks?  First time in history - VP  and SOTH seats are occupied by women.

Let's hear your thoughts on the big speech, BGR. Did your president make you proud tonight?

Speech just ended.  I like how this president spoke in complete sentences.  I thought this man came across as someone who has genuine empathy for his fellow man. We are in need of that.
I’m just happy he was able to put a sentence together.

He is a liar though. He said Dems and Republicans came together on the latest stimulus bill but we all know that bill took reconciliation for Dems to get it passed. Sickening Joe. I expect better.
Big Grin

I’m just kidding.

Hell, Uncle Joe knocked it out of the park. If he can do half of what he sees this country will be light years of where it has been. It’s amazing to hear someone talk about progress and investing in the citizens of this nation. Investing in the nation itself.

16 years of education is a tremendous step toward the future of this nation.

Those are some things that stuck in my head. I’m sure there are other points I’ll be back with.
I think President Biden clearly comes across as a man who truly believes in America and its people. It's hard to see how Republicans could oppose some of the basic common sense ideas the president spoke of but I'm sure they will do their best(or worst).
Butthead voice: "Huh huh, *dumb people*, Uh huh huh huh"
There is nothing he or anything any other communist Dem could say that you guys wouldn't love, ever.
The most stupid question in the history of the universe is.....

"A Democrat is going to say something. Do you think Democrats will like it?"

Comically ignorant AF sheep.
(04-28-2021, 11:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote: The most stupid question in the history of the universe is.....

"A Democrat is going to say something. Do you think Democrats will like it?"

Comically ignorant AF sheep.
Tragically
Dumb people's feeble brainwashed minds can't even process this:

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
·
22m
Say. His. Name.
Quote Tweet
RNC Research
@RNCResearch
· 1h
Joe Biden is claiming credit for the vaccine.

REALITY CHECK: Biden repeatedly spread doubt about the vaccine during the campaign, while Republicans led Operation Warp Speed which developed vaccines in record time.
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
·
37m
Biden could have made a huge step towards national unity by thanking Trump for Operation Warp Speed

Instead the only time he referenced Trump supporters was to compare them to domestic terrorists

Mr Unity.
Will Chamberlain
@willchamberlain
·
1h
If Joe Biden wants to punish gun crime he can start with his son
Quote Tweet
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
· 1h
Joe Biden’s son lied on his ATF form to obtain an illegal firearm while he was routinely smoking crack cocaine
Sad
I like how our president lowers his voice to almost  whisper and gives the impression of speaking directly to each and every one of us.  His proposals are very bold- almost Rooseveltian in its scope- and yet his presentation is very down to earth and unpretentious.  Paid family leave, child care, elderly care - his proposals for helping American families shows him to be a man who is empathetic to needs of average Americans. I think the president has lofty aspirations for our country and wants to help restore our reputation around the world. I think this president wants to be transformational and not just a fixer of problems. He wants to transform the system to make it more fair to average Americans like you and I.

Our Commander-in -Chief  closed with :

We have stared into an abyss of insurrection and autocracy — of pandemic and pain — and “We the People” did not flinch.

At the very moment our adversaries were certain we would pull apart and fail.

We came together.

United.

With light and hope, we summoned new strength and new resolve.

To position us to win the competition for the 21st Century.

On our way forward to a Union more perfect. More prosperous. More just.

As one people. One nation. One America.

It’s never been a good bet to bet against America.

And it still isn’t.

We are the United States of America.

There is nothing – nothing – beyond our capacity – nothing we can’t do – if we do it together.

America was on display tonight. Return to normalcy was on display. Respect has returned. America is on its way back. I wish all Americans could unite and get behind this president's very forward thinking agenda for America. Unfortunately, forty percent of people will never get behind any aspect of this gentle and kind man's blue collar blueprint for America . Disrupt and obstruct is what those forty percent envision for your America.

I'm hoping that our president builds America back better.  That's what we should all hope. We the people ... United .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
After 4 years of the worst president this country has ever had we now have a real president who will fight for the working and the poor. It's about time after 40 years of everything going to the top. It has been a failed experiment the numbers speak for themselves. Now Jet if your Dear Leader had anything at all at developing the vaccine Clorox Stock would be out of sight.
(04-29-2021, 07:17 AM)vector#1 Wrote: After 4 years of the worst president this country has ever had we now have a real president who will fight for the working and the poor. It's about time after 40 years of everything going to the top. It has been a failed experiment the numbers speak for themselves. Now Jet if your Dear Leader had anything at all at developing the vaccine Clorox Stock would be out of sight.
Oops! You dropped out of character there, Twin Ticks. You forgot which account you were using and included punctuation.  Big Grin What a pathetic life you have. Multiple accounts to express the same warped, anti-American opinions, as you collect checks funded by working Americans. Shame on you!
Can we come together and meet the foreign adversaries of China and Russia? Biden spoke strongly about what democracy faces in those autocracies.

But the main questions is can we get it together and stop being our own worst enemy to democracy.

@Hoot Gibson

Anything to add? Or you just trying to distract and derail a thread? I hope @vector#1 doesn’t fall for your tricks.
(04-29-2021, 07:29 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:17 AM)vector#1 Wrote: After 4 years of the worst president this country has ever had we now have a real president who will fight for the working and the poor. It's about time after 40 years of everything going to the top. It has been a failed experiment the numbers speak for themselves. Now Jet if your Dear Leader had anything at all at developing the vaccine Clorox Stock would be out of sight.
Oops! You dropped out of character there, Twin Ticks. You forgot which account you were using and included punctuation.  Big Grin What a pathetic life you have. Multiple accounts to express the same warped, anti-American opinions, as you collect checks funded by working Americans. Shame on you!
Commrade Quooter that nasty Trump Flu you contracted is making you delusional or maybe it's just the Kool-Aid
(04-29-2021, 07:45 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Can we come together and meet the foreign adversaries of China and Russia?  Biden spoke strongly about what democracy faces in those autocracies. 

But the main questions is can we get it together and stop being our own worst enemy to democracy.
There is nothing democratic about the modern Democrat Party, Twin Ticks. This country was not built by borrowing and spending trillions of dollars to allow crooked politicians to grow wealthy the way that China Joe and his family have. A close look at the so-called infrastructure bill reveals that it has very little to do with creating American jobs or building our transportation infrastructure.

However, I was impressed at how well the anti-dementia drugs worked last night. I really did not expect China Joe to be able to read as well from his teleprompters as he did. Kudos to his medical staff.
(04-29-2021, 07:53 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
Commrade Quooter that nasty Trump Flu you contracted is making you delusional or maybe it's just the Kool-Aid
Twin Ticks, if you want to post on multiple accounts, then you should stay sober and get more sleep. You are fooling nobody.
(04-29-2021, 07:53 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:45 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Can we come together and meet the foreign adversaries of China and Russia?  Biden spoke strongly about what democracy faces in those autocracies. 

There is nothing democratic about the modern Democrat Party, Twin Ticks. This country was not built by borrowing and spending trillions of dollars to allow crooked politicians to grow wealthy the way that China Joe and his family have. A close look at the so-called infrastructure bill reveals that it has very little to do with creating American jobs or building our transportation infrastructure.

However, I was impressed at how well the anti-dementia drugs worked last night. I really did not expect China Joe to be able to read as well from his teleprompters as he did. Kudos to his medical staff.
Well the last 4 years it's been built on borrowing and spending the numbers don't lie over 8 trillion and they are still counting.

(04-29-2021, 07:55 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:53 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
Twin Ticks, if you want to post on multiple accounts, then you should stay sober and get more sleep. You are fooling nobody.
I might not be fooling anyone but Dear Leader sure has
Citizens...... Understand zero happens without God, His providence reigns supreme in this world he created, nothing we can do can change that, no not even the president, senate or congress nor the CEO's or Earths largest cooperations, or the worlds other leaders, everything of this world and in this world is of God and belongs to God, and he will do with it as he see's fit , understand every knee will bend in time.

For now care of your families the best that you can, humble yourself to servant leadership, America as we knew it is history, it was a good run, but a new season is approaching, and it could be better than the past. Media both conventional and social is what's really controlling our thoughts and opinion, and if we are weak enough to believe what they say we deserve what we get, one must filter everything through scripture to see what is and is not. Understand media pick and choose the narrative, we are no longer a free people, to think freely if we submit our minds to be controlled by outside forces.

Give up your pride and ego, do your best to prepare for Earth's next season, just try to be good people, open yourself to scripture, allow God to do what he is, and Him to give you the strength to accept it, take care of your neighbors and hopefully they'll take care of you. Says the guy using social media to state an opinion....
GDP 1st Quarter 6.4% way to go President Biden
(04-29-2021, 09:37 AM)Oldtiger Wrote: Citizens......  Understand zero happens without God, His providence reigns supreme in this world he created, nothing we can do can change that, no not even the president, senate or congress nor the CEO's or Earths largest cooperations, or the worlds other leaders, everything of this world and in this world is of God and belongs to God, and he will do with it as he see's fit , understand every knee will bend in time.

For now care of your families the best that you can, humble yourself to servant leadership, America as we knew it is history, it was a good run, but a new season is approaching, and it could be better than the past.  Media both conventional and social is what's really controlling our thoughts and opinion, and if we are weak enough to believe what they say we deserve what we get, one must filter everything through scripture to see what is and is not.  Understand media pick and choose the narrative, we are no longer a free people, to think freely if we submit our minds to be controlled by outside forces. 

Give up your pride and ego, do your best to prepare for Earth's next season, just try to be good people, open yourself to scripture, allow God to do what he is, and Him to give you the strength to accept it, take care of your neighbors and hopefully they'll take care of you.    Says the guy using social media to state an opinion....

I agree Oldtiger. And in saying what you did, I would highlight a few of many ways in which the Dem's political platform flies in the face of God's own sovereignty.

> God is the One Who provides for all needs of the inhabitants of this earth. Not Democrats who laughably seem to think they can craft reality on a piece of paper in the form of a bill. Just say it and viola, it's real. That is, when they're not using an activist judge to end run on the people's lawmaking body, the US Congress.

> It is He Who has said the earth would not be destroyed again. And that the climate would remain constant until the end of all things. The following Scripture verse is taken from the time immediately after the great flood has abated. The Lord speaking--

Genesis 8:21-22
21 "I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Nonetheless man, persists in the false belief that global warming is an imminent and existential threat which will destroy mankind. And is consumed therefore, with the idea that he can control the weather to some inexplicable end. So as of now we stand mindlessly poised to turn our backs on the use of the naturally occurring fuels of His provision, to rely on fuel sources which to date remain as undefinable as they are unattainable.

> It is God Who said male and female, created He them. But no, in the minds of liberals there are now upwards of a hundred or so sexes.

> The Lord has given fair warning not to take innocent blood. But America annually butchers around a million of the sweetest and most innocent of us, in the form of abortions.

I believe the 'next season' of your reference is already in full swing as indicated by the push to achieve globalism. Further, globalism will lead to the imminent approach of the Great Tribulation when the 'distress of the nations' will reach it's historical climax.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If the first hundred days is any indication, it appears as if Mr. Biden is going to be much more  formidable than many of his detractors have predicted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(04-29-2021, 04:26 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I like how our president lowers his voice to almost  whisper and gives the impression of speaking directly to each and every one of us.  His proposals are very bold- almost Rooseveltian in its scope- and yet his presentation is very down to earth and unpretentious.  Paid family leave, child care, elderly care - his proposals for helping American families shows him to be a man who is empathetic to needs of average Americans. I think the president has lofty aspirations for our country and wants to help restore our reputation around the world. I think this president wants to be transformational and not just a fixer of problems. He wants to transform the system to make it more fair to average Americans like you and I.

Our Commander-in -Chief  closed with :

We have stared into an abyss of insurrection and autocracy — of pandemic and pain — and “We the People” did not flinch.

At the very moment our adversaries were certain we would pull apart and fail.

We came together.

United.

With light and hope, we summoned new strength and new resolve.

To position us to win the competition for the 21st Century.

On our way forward to a Union more perfect. More prosperous. More just.

As one people. One nation. One America.

It’s never been a good bet to bet against America.

And it still isn’t.

We are the United States of America.

There is nothing – nothing – beyond our capacity – nothing we can’t do – if we do it together.

America was on display tonight. Return to normalcy was on display. Respect has returned. America is on its way back. I wish all Americans could unite and get behind this president's very forward thinking agenda for America. Unfortunately, forty percent of people will never get behind any aspect of this gentle and kind man's blue collar blueprint for America . Disrupt and obstruct is what those forty percent envision for your America.

I'm hoping that our president builds America back better.  That's what we should all hope. We the people ... United .
You make up a number out of thin air and try to pass it off as fact. Biden's speech was only 51% favorable to CNN's radical Dem viewers, less popular than Trump's first speech. A recent fake poll that had Biden approval rating at 52% oversampled Dems by 30 points.
Oldtiger said it earlier in the thread. The [dishonest] media drives the narrative they deliver. And I will add this; the narrative always praises libs and castigates conservatives.

[ ] italics mine
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Catturd ™
@catturd2
·
1m
MOsT poPuLAr PResiDEnT EeVr  !!!
Quote Tweet
Jewish Deplorable
@TrumpJew2
· 29m
SOTU ratings, 2017-2021:

Trump 2017: 48M
Trump 2018: 46M
Trump 2019: 46.8M
Trump 2020: 37.2M

Biden 2021: 11.6M
Jewish Deplorable
@TrumpJew2
· 39m
Trump’s lowest rated SOTU had over 25 million more viewers than Biden’s (11.6 million vs 37 million)
Last night Biden started out by taking over one of DJT's agenda items as his own, saying he wants to rebuild America by taxation.

"Trump presented an infrastructure plan to Congress in February 2018, with $200 billion in federal funding and $1.5 trillion from the private sector. Democrats opposed this plan because of its emphasis on state and local funding and private investments."

No, Dems would much rather stick the taxpayer for all of it. Nobody to account to on how they spend the money that way, and it's just so much easier.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(04-29-2021, 04:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Last night Biden started out by taking over one of DJT's agenda items as his own, saying he wants to rebuild America by taxation.

"Trump presented an infrastructure plan to Congress in February 2018, with $200 billion in federal funding and $1.5 trillion from the private sector. Democrats opposed this plan because of its emphasis on state and local funding and private investments."

No,  Dems would much rather stick the taxpayer for all of it. Nobody to account to on how they spend the money that way, and it's just so much easier.
Why didn’t it pass?  Didn’t the Grand Ole Poops have control of both houses?  

Shows how much they suck at governing. Take a seat and watch Uncle Joe and the Dems do what the GOP couldn’t. Big Grin
(04-29-2021, 04:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Last night Biden started out by taking over one of DJT's agenda items as his own, saying he wants to rebuild America by taxation.

No,  Dems would much rather stick the taxpayer for all of it. Nobody to account to on how they spend the money that way, and it's just so much easier.
Commrade didn't the Republicans controlled every thing in 2018 ?
And by the way Commrade President Biden first 100 days the Stock Market has seen the biggest gains since JFK that's a lot of Rubles

(04-29-2021, 03:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Catturd ™
@catturd2
·
1m
MOsT poPuLAr PResiDEnT EeVr  !!!
Quote Tweet
Jewish Deplorable
@TrumpJew2
· 29m
SOTU ratings, 2017-2021:

Trump 2017: 48M
Trump 2018: 46M
Trump 2019: 46.8M
Trump 2020: 37.2M

Biden 2021: 11.6M
Commrade time to clean your liter box

And by the way Commrade you won't see this RT or Fox 

Stock market in Biden's first 100 days is hottest since JFK's - CNN
^^^Trump economy