Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry's Kicking Shoe
Does anybody know what type of a kicking shoe Belfry uses and where to get one. I'd love to get one like there's.
Do they still use the strap that goes around the tip of the shoe?
I would assume that they use the kicking shoe with the metal block in the end and the strap to hold the toe back in order to get optimum lift.
It's not the shoe, it's the man behind it. He would kick longer barefoot if they'd let him kick soccer style, but he has less directional accuracy that way.
I haven't seen this years kicker but I talking about a couple of years ago when there Third string kicker was kicking touchbacks. There shoe looked different from all the other shoes I have seen, it looked just like a big boot.
It is a show with the metal block in it and it is build up in the front on strip on it,,,
The kicker you saw then is the starting kicker now. He kicked a 50 yard fieldgoal against Shelby Valley Saturday breaking the school's record. It is a squared toed shoe that uses the strap from the toe to the ankle. I am not sure about the steel block in the end.
Pikeville used to have a shoe the kicker wore that looked just like an ankle cut boot with the front squared. I'm not sure what you call it other than that.

Kevin Charles used to use it when he was the kicker at Pikeville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Are their any rules regarding the kicking shoe?
Glen is the man. Good job on the 50 yarder
Yep, Hoss is a Sr. this year, and he was the kicker as a Freshman.

He tones it back now on kickoffs, something to do with not getting to hit anyone on a touchback Tongue

I think he could put them out of the endzone if they'd let him kick soccer style.