Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dutoit back to Pike Central
Just saw where Josh DuToit transferred back to Pike Central. He left at first of the year after taking advantage of the 5th year. 
If he is eligible then Worrix should at a minimum be allowed to return to Valley and play his senior year.
This thread is exactly why I commented on the Worrix thread. No one even cares about this happening but if you mention Pikeville everyone who post of this board has an opinion about it. This proves my point. Idc what all of these kids do. I like watching good basketball. Never understood why everyone gets so upset if Pikeville gets a transfer but everyone else In the Region gets a player and it’s fine.

My understanding is this kid went back home and was enrolled at Tate’s Creek and couldn’t get eligibility decided to come back to Pike Central. How can you justify this if there is no move involved. He had to move last year to Pike County. Did his family move back to Tates Creek and then back to Pike County again? Curious how that works.
They do whatever they want and get bye with it. Especially pikeville. If pikeville didn't recruit and had to play homegrown kids that couldn't compete.
(11-10-2021, 09:35 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: They do whatever they want and get bye with it. Especially pikeville. If pikeville didn't recruit and had to play homegrown kids that couldn't compete.
Oh homegrown talent like Belfry, Pike Central, Phelps , and even JC with the addition of Rose.   Get out of here with the homegrown crap.  The 14th and 15th Region is filled with transfer.  East Ridge isn’t innocent.  Sykes left after his freshman year to chase a Region Title with Valley and couldn’t do it.   Valley just signs off on him to go back to East Ridge without saying a word.  This is will be the first year since he’s been in high school that he’s wore same jersey two years in a row.     Floyd Central has 3 new players.  BL has one from FC. PBurg had a few new kids.  It happens every where.   Only you come on here and complain about Pikeville all the time.  Why are you fascinated with them.  You don’t say a word about any other team getting transfer only Pikeville.  Kids are gonna transfer.   BL, SV,PCC and Pikeville are literally 20-30 mins from each other.  With so many schools and schools so close it’s always going to happen.
(11-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 09:35 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: They do whatever they want and get bye with it. Especially pikeville. If pikeville didn't recruit and had to play homegrown kids that couldn't compete.
Oh homegrown talent like Belfry, Pike Central, Phelps , and even JC with the addition of Rose.   Get out of here with the homegrown crap.  The 14th and 15th Region is filled with transfer.  East Ridge isn’t innocent.  Sykes left after his freshman year to chase a Region Title with Valley and couldn’t do it.   Valley just signs off on him to go back to East Ridge without saying a word.  This is will be the first year since he’s been in high school that he’s wore same jersey two years in a row.     Floyd Central has 3 new players.  BL has one from FC. PBurg had a few new kids.  It happens every where.   Only you come on here and complain about Pikeville all the time.  Why are you fascinated with them.  You don’t say a word about any other team getting transfer only Pikeville.  Kids are gonna transfer.   BL, SV,PCC and Pikeville are literally 20-30 mins from each other.  With so many schools and schools so close it’s always going to happen.

(11-12-2021, 02:55 PM)Bugman2475 Wrote:
So you are saying East Ridge isn’t home grown because one kid transfer for one season and came back to the kids he had played with since 3rd grade.

So you are saying East Ridge isn’t home grown because one kid transfer for one season and came back to the kids he had played with since 3rd grade.
No I was just using it as an example of all the area teams get transfers.  It doesn’t bother me like other posters on here if a kid decides to transfer.  I got upset because a few people make a big deal when Pikeville gets one and not the other schools.  That’s all I was trying to convey.   
Where’s the same energy at about Du’Toit  that they was about Worrix.   Every school in the last 10-15 years have gotten transfers.  All I’m saying is why bash Pikeville and not all the other schools. It’s only a few posters that do it.

Also if you follow KHSAA rules you need to have a move.  You can’t sit there and tell me that his family moved let alone moved two years in a row.  If I’m not mistaken his little brother is at Valley.   Again my point is people on here claim Pikeville recruits and breaks the rules.   From my understand Worrix moved.      So he broke no rules.  From what I’ve been told Sykes has never moved but East Ridge and Valley never fought his transfer.   

Again I don’t care what a kid does.  KHSAA makes the decisions on transfers.  From my example majority of the Region teams sign off on the transfer without a fight.   Only when a kid transfers to Pikeville it gets fought by their previous school and Pikeville gets hammered by people on this board.
(11-12-2021, 03:05 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

No I was just using it as an example of all the area teams get transfers.  It doesn’t bother me like other posters on here if a kid decides to transfer.  I got upset because a few people make a big deal when Pikeville gets one and not the other schools.  That’s all I was trying to convey.   
Where’s the same energy at about Du’Toit  that they was about Worrix.   Every school in the last 10-15 years have gotten transfers.  All I’m saying is why bash Pikeville and not all the other schools. It’s only a few posters that do it.

Also if you follow KHSAA rules you need to have a move.  You can’t sit there and tell me that his family moved let alone moved two years in a row.  If I’m not mistaken his little brother is at Valley.   Again my point is people on here claim Pikeville recruits and breaks the rules.   From my understand Worrix moved.      So he broke no rules.  From what I’ve been told Sykes has never moved but East Ridge and Valley never fought his transfer.   

Again I don’t care what a kid does.  KHSAA makes the decisions on transfers.  From my example majority of the Region teams sign off on the transfer without a fight.   Only when a kid transfers to Pikeville it gets fought by their previous school and Pikeville gets hammered by people on this board.
Got you, as long as they follow rules I dont care where kid plays. Only kids once.

(11-12-2021, 04:22 PM)Bugman2475 Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 03:05 PM)Grinch1 Wrote:

(11-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: Oh homegrown talent like Belfry, Pike Central, Phelps , and even JC with the addition of Rose.   Get out of here with the homegrown crap.  The 14th and 15th Region is filled with transfer.  East Ridge isn’t innocent.  Sykes left after his freshman year to chase a Region Title with Valley and couldn’t do it.   Valley just signs off on him to go back to East Ridge without saying a word.  This is will be the first year since he’s been in high school that he’s wore same jersey two years in a row.     Floyd Central has 3 new players.  BL has one from FC. PBurg had a few new kids.  It happens every where.   Only you come on here and complain about Pikeville all the time.  Why are you fascinated with them.  You don’t say a word about any other team getting transfer only Pikeville.  Kids are gonna transfer.   BL, SV,PCC and Pikeville are literally 20-30 mins from each other.  With so many schools and schools so close it’s always going to happen.

(11-10-2021, 09:53 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: Oh homegrown talent like Belfry, Pike Central, Phelps , and even JC with the addition of Rose.   Get out of here with the homegrown crap.  The 14th and 15th Region is filled with transfer.  East Ridge isn’t innocent.  Sykes left after his freshman year to chase a Region Title with Valley and couldn’t do it.   Valley just signs off on him to go back to East Ridge without saying a word.  This is will be the first year since he’s been in high school that he’s wore same jersey two years in a row.     Floyd Central has 3 new players.  BL has one from FC. PBurg had a few new kids.  It happens every where.   Only you come on here and complain about Pikeville all the time.  Why are you fascinated with them.  You don’t say a word about any other team getting transfer only Pikeville.  Kids are gonna transfer.   BL, SV,PCC and Pikeville are literally 20-30 mins from each other.  With so many schools and schools so close it’s always going to happen.

Got you, as long as they follow rules I dont care where kid plays. Only kids once. Plenty schools can’t sling mud when they getting transfers also I agree with that. Only thing holding warrix up is the 5th year rule if not for that he would be eligible. Not sure if any kid that transfer as 5th year seniors where eligible. Be curious too see how they rule. 
I remember seeing a few across the state holdback and transfer over the summer. One that comes to mind is a kid at Montgomery. Held back and tranfered to Madison Central. Played football for them this season.

Yeah my whole thing has been if a kid transfers and KHSAA rules then eligible then so be it. I get frustrated with schools and posters on this board. A kid can transfer to any other school in the region and nothing is ever said and their previous school will sign off and they are eligible immediately. When they try to go to Pikeville they have to fight tooth and nail to get their eligibility. One good example of that is at Betsy Layne. Last season I believe Manns left and went to Pikeville. From what I remember he was ruled ineligible even when he moved and had to appeal. This summer Rainey leave BL and goes to FC. I don’t think he had a move. He was ruled eligible immediately because BL didn’t fight him leaving but they did Manns. Happens like that across the region. People only say something when it involves Pikeville. I just try to call out the people that attack Pikeville but don’t keep that same energy when it’s other schools.

If the KHSAA rules then eligible even after an appeal then let it be and let the kids enjoy themselves. We as adults shouldn’t care where a kid wants to go nor should we care about what Pikeville is doing 24/7.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grinch1's post:
  • Bugman2475
(11-12-2021, 04:50 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: I remember seeing a few across the state holdback and transfer over the summer. One that comes to mind is a kid at Montgomery. Held back and tranfered to Madison Central.  Played football for them this season.   

Yeah my whole thing has been if a kid transfers and KHSAA rules then eligible then so be it.  I get frustrated with schools and posters on this board.  A kid can transfer to any other school in the region and nothing is ever said and their previous school will sign off and they are eligible immediately. When they try to go to Pikeville they have to fight tooth and nail to get their eligibility. One good example of that is at Betsy Layne.  Last season I believe Manns left and went to Pikeville. From what I remember he was ruled ineligible even when he moved and had to appeal.  This summer Rainey leave BL and goes to FC. I don’t think he had a move.  He was ruled eligible immediately because BL didn’t fight him leaving but they did Manns.  Happens like that across the region.  People only say something when it involves Pikeville.  I just try to call out the people that attack Pikeville but don’t keep that same energy when it’s other schools.

If the KHSAA rules then eligible even after an appeal then let it be and let the kids enjoy themselves.  We as adults shouldn’t care where a kid wants to go nor should we care about what Pikeville is doing 24/7.

As a Betsy Layne person. I don’t know about Mann’s and Raineys’s situation because I’m more on the football side at Betsy Layne. But we had a kid transfer from Prestonsburg to Betsy Layne this season as just a normal senior, not a hold back, and he was ruled ineligible so the family appealed. They didn’t have his hearing till the first playoff game and was ruled eligible. Kid missed his entire senior year of playing football. So it happens definitely everywhere.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-13-2021, 09:58 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 04:50 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: I remember seeing a few across the state holdback and transfer over the summer. One that comes to mind is a kid at Montgomery. Held back and tranfered to Madison Central.  Played football for them this season.   

Yeah my whole thing has been if a kid transfers and KHSAA rules then eligible then so be it.  I get frustrated with schools and posters on this board.  A kid can transfer to any other school in the region and nothing is ever said and their previous school will sign off and they are eligible immediately. When they try to go to Pikeville they have to fight tooth and nail to get their eligibility. One good example of that is at Betsy Layne.  Last season I believe Manns left and went to Pikeville. From what I remember he was ruled ineligible even when he moved and had to appeal.  This summer Rainey leave BL and goes to FC. I don’t think he had a move.  He was ruled eligible immediately because BL didn’t fight him leaving but they did Manns.  Happens like that across the region.  People only say something when it involves Pikeville.  I just try to call out the people that attack Pikeville but don’t keep that same energy when it’s other schools.

If the KHSAA rules then eligible even after an appeal then let it be and let the kids enjoy themselves.  We as adults shouldn’t care where a kid wants to go nor should we care about what Pikeville is doing 24/7.

As a Betsy Layne person. I don’t know about Mann’s and Raineys’s situation because I’m more on the football side at Betsy Layne. But we had a kid transfer from Prestonsburg to Betsy Layne this season as just a normal senior, not a hold back, and he was ruled ineligible so the family appealed. They didn’t have his hearing till the first playoff game and was ruled eligible. Kid missed his entire senior year of playing football. So it happens definitely everywhere.
I agree.  If you make the kid file an appeal it should be handled in a timely manner.   These kids just want to go someone they think will better their situation.  I don’t care if a kid transfers.  Let them do what they want.   I hate it for that kid.  I don’t think any adult that is an administrator should fight a kid transferring.

you would love it if this were true, but it just aint. Been winning with homegrown talent for years dude. We cant help it if a few kids want to be a part of it.  
                          "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming 
                           shore." 
 Pikeville is a light in the darkness bro