Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gas shortage?
https://jalopnik.com/the-colonial-pipeli...1846911689

"The cyber attack that shutdown the Colonial pipeline causing a gas panic and stoking fears of gasoline shortages, didn’t actually shut down the pipeline. It impacted the billing system at the Colonial Pipeline Co., which shut it down because they were worried about how they’d collect payments.

Yes, the fuel-carrying pipeline was shut down last week in order to prevent a company that is entrusted with what should be a public utility from enduring an accounting headache."

Coming off of a Pandemic with several adversaries all over the world it is no shock that we would have an issue like this, but Come on, Man!  This info should have been released so people didn't run to the pump and drain them dry.  In my hometown, people were filling everything from 2-liter bottles to buckets (that's true).  

The media ran with the story, stoking panic, and some even tried to push blame on the current administration.  When in all reality, the dollar broke down the system, not the infrastructure.  
(05-18-2021, 09:26 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://jalopnik.com/the-colonial-pipeli...1846911689

"The cyber attack that shutdown the Colonial pipeline causing a gas panic and stoking fears of gasoline shortages, didn’t actually shut down the pipeline. It impacted the billing system at the Colonial Pipeline Co., which shut it down because they were worried about how they’d collect payments.

Yes, the fuel-carrying pipeline was shut down last week in order to prevent a company that is entrusted with what should be a public utility from enduring an accounting headache."

Coming off of a Pandemic with several adversaries all over the world it is no shock that we would have an issue like this, but Come on, Man!  This info should have been released so people didn't run to the pump and drain them dry.  In my hometown, people were filling everything from 2-liter bottles to buckets (that's true).  

The media ran with the story, stoking panic, and some even tried to push blame on the current administration.  When in all reality, the dollar broke down the system, not the infrastructure.  
Now that makes more sense. They shut it down because they was afraid they was going to lose money.
If I was Biden I would have my people look at the hack a lot closer maybe the oil industry was behind this because it sure made there business boom. Or maybe the people behind it had a lot of money in oil stock ?
Wonder what catturd had to say on the gas shortage?  Probably something about Biden rigging the oil rigs.
(05-18-2021, 07:54 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Wonder what catturd had to say on the gas shortage?  Probably something about Biden rigging the oil rigs.
Catturd busy burning the chickens