Open Job: Buckhorn
Candidates based on this thread
Andrew Blank
Mark Pence
Kristie Combs
Jeff Castle
Robert Amis
Who would do the best out of these?
Robert Amis would bring players in. He would be a threat to the PCC program so I dont see that happening. Pence and Castle would be good choices. Kristie Combs, can't envision her coaching boys. Andrew Blank, would be a good choice.
Why are they waiting so long to hire? I just seen on their school page they posted the new volleyball coach.
Hearing Pence is the front runner
Has Buckhorn still not hired a head coach yet? Hard to believe where this program has gone since Noble left.
Jacob McCoy named head coach. Anyone know anything bout him?
It’ll be open again in 8-9 months.
Apparently there is a lot of upset parents, be interesting to see how this plays out.
Jacob McCoy= hothead not a good hire by the horn. Won’t make it through the season. If he does I would be completely shocked. They went all summer holding out on hiring someone and then name him as head coach. If you think players didn’t want to play for hoskins when he was there this has the potential to be 10x worse.
This is going to be a train wreck. It will be all about his son scoring a bunch of points.
It will be all about his son. I won’t take anything away from the kid he is a great ball player. But I’m betting the father gets thrower out of more games than he wins.
Was this not the one thing they was trying to get away from? Thought they was wanting a non-parent to coach.
McCoy definitely wont let the parents run his team. He may be a hot head coaching but no wonder with the way officiating is around here. This may blessing in disguise. Give him a shot.
McCoy. Wonder why he didn't join the region favorites in Jackson??
(08-06-2021, 04:31 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: McCoy. Wonder why he didn't join the region favorites in Jackson??
He had a little problem happen when he was over there. His son was playing there in 8th grade.
Apparently is something nobody could prove. So drop it.
(08-07-2021, 01:48 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Apparently is something nobody could prove. So drop it.

Drop it like it's hot,lol.