Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grimm Vs. Dials
The other thread got shut down for being off topic. I was entertained, so I'd like to see more. Big Grin :devilflam
The other thread was for Grimm's stats. That's where it got off topic. I would like to hear both sides of this argument but try to back it up with some facts and stats instead of "because I said so".
Right on, man...... Me too....... I know Matney doesn't report stats to the KHSAA, though. He doesn't like to get into the whole "who's better" and "I've got the best RB". Which is actually kind of smart because if other teams see this, they will key off on said player. Which is always the case for both of these guys.
I've got to go with Grimm. I watched Dials play last year against Prestonsburg and wasn't impressed with him at all, and I realize it has been a year, but I just don't think he's that good.
I am sure of one thing! If Grim carried the ball 40 times a game, his stats would be just as good or better.
yea look at what a line Grimm has blocking for him Dials doesn't have a great line to block for him yea there descent but imagine if he had jc's line in front of him
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cards09 Wrote:yea look at what a line Grimm has blocking for him Dials doesn't have a great line to block for him yea there descent but imagine if he had jc's line in front of him

Dials wouldnt have half the yards he has if h played at JC... Different ball game playing against the teams JC does...
It doesn't matter where Grim runs, he can run off the tackle, inside the tackle, or up the gut and still go 70 yards untouched. He is very elusive, has tremendous break away speed, and will also lower the shoulder to gain that extra yard if he has to. He is not a real juker, but he can cut on a dime to find an open lane. Great field vision and he makes that JC team go.
Look at the competition, JC plays a MUCH TOUGHER schedule than SC, so that O-line stuff you speak of just cancels out. He put up the numbers last year as well against a much tougher schedule, he even put up over 200 yards against Cov Cath, the 3A State Champions. And none of JC's linemen got a scholarship anywhere, got offers from Pikeville but that's about it.
Cards09 Wrote:yea look at what a line Grimm has blocking for him Dials doesn't have a great line to block for him yea there descent but imagine if he had jc's line in front of him

That's hilarious! Jc has 2 starting linemen under 200 pounds. One of them at a staggering 160. Not to mention the schedule and class difference. I'll take Grimm anyday over Dials. I've seen both of them play and Grimm is a much better athlete. Any kid that can get hit by half of a team in one play, go flying through the air, land on his feet and practically jog into the endzone, can play on my team anyday.
ill take grimm ne day too....pburg scrimmaged SC this year and he wasnt all that....pretty much all u got to do is have a decent DE and stop the cutback because if dials sees 1 guy outside he cuts it back...plain and simple
Grimm hands down. Dials isnt even in the same league as Grimm IMO. If he played the teams Grimm has faced he wouldnt have half the yards he has now.
Dials may not be as fast as Grimm but Dials makes up in his strenght and ability to break tackles.
Dials is a division 1 player.Didnt he play at Lawrence county?
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Dials may not be as fast as Grimm but Dials makes up in his strenght and ability to break tackles.

And Grim doesn't? I'd be willing to bet that over half of his yards are after contact from 2-3 defenders.
LISTEN!!!! As good as Dials may be, he isn't in the same league as Grim! Grim is without a doubt the best RB in the mountains and he has proved it against the best in the state. He dropped 200 on Cov. Cath. He dropped 200 on the ROCK (Some say the toughest in the mountains). He dropped 300 on Ashland! Give him the ball 40 times a game and his stats are better than Dials without a doubt
OK2NV Wrote:LISTEN!!!! As good as Dials may be, he isn't in the same league as Grim! Grim is without a doubt the best RB in the mountains and he has proved it against the best in the state. He dropped 200 on Cov. Cath. He dropped 200 on the ROCK (Some say the toughest in the mountains). He dropped 300 on Ashland! Give him the ball 40 times a game and his stats are better than Dials without a doubt

We can talk about this all we want on here but dials is proving it to me that he is the better player on the field
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will have the fortune of seeing Belfry play both teams. At season's end I will give my completely unbiased opinion after seeing both against a pretty strong Belfry defense.
Allright give me the numbers Dials has had vs. great teams! I will remind you that Grim rushed for 230 vs. Cov. Cath, 230 vs. THE Rock, and over 300 vs. Ashland......Also through 4 games, Grim, has rushed for over 100 yrds. in every game on less than 15 carries a game.

If Grim carried the ball 40 times a game, (like dials) than he would have as good or better numbers!!! Unlike Dials, JCHS has more weapons and used them so that Grim doesn't have to carry it 40 times to win
OK2NV Wrote:Allright give me the numbers Dials has had vs. great teams! I will remind you that Grim rushed for 230 vs. Cov. Cath, 230 vs. THE Rock, and over 300 vs. Ashland......Also through 4 games, Grim, has rushed for over 100 yrds. in every game on less than 15 carries a game.

If Grim carried the ball 40 times a game, (like dials) than he would have as good or better numbers!!! Unlike Dials, JCHS has more weapons and used them so that Grim doesn't have to carry it 40 times to win

Do you remember that team called belfry that dials put up 250+ on last year
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cards09 Wrote:We can talk about this all we want on here but dials is proving it to me that he is the better player on the field

Of course he is going to prove that he is the better player on the field when that is the ONLY team you watch. Like I stated on the last thread, I've seen numerous high school teams play in Lexington and Louisville over the past two seasons and Grim is the only running back EKY that would sniff the field.
Cards09 Wrote:Do you remember that team called belfry that dials put up 250+ on last year

Do you remember what his stats were in losses to a 1-3 Pburg team at one time, then in the 36-6 woodshed whipping SC took at Pburg in the playoffs? No matter who Grim faces he'll get his yards and he'll gaurentee his team more than 6 points. Hell he done that in 1 half against the eventual state champions.
Cards09 Wrote:Do you remember that team called belfry that dials put up 250+ on last year

That's ONE quality team, Grimm did it against EVERY TEAM HE FACED...
I've already watched Dials play once this year. I'm watching Grimm tonight and I will decide who is the better player.
You guys are comparing the wrong backs...Harmon of Pikeville and Grimm of JC are the two best backs in the mountains, and Joe Roskoph from Lynn Camp is probably right behind them.

Dials is a tough runner, but an average HB at best.
this is crazy. if u r a central fan then you think grimm is better, if u r a sheldon clark fan u think dials is better and all the other fans in eastern kentucky are saying to there selfs our hb is better than dials or grimm. i have whatched both kids play and they are both great rb's. dials is leading the state in rushing and touchdowns so there for i have to say he is the best. if grimm was leading the state in rushing and td's then yes he would be better. everybody will know who is better at the end of the year when both kids have played belfry.
Wow, i think the biased is REALLY showing in this thread. On BOTH sides. I dont know how ANYONE can say one is better then the other, i really dont. Grimm is VERY VERY good, and yes, JC plays some tough teams. Dials is also VERY VERY good, and he will play some tough teams later on in the season, but you simply cant say his stats arent impressive, even with the competition he has faced. It is unreal to have what, 18 touchdowns or something in 4 games?? Simply unreal, dont know how you can discredit such a great feat for a HB in the Mountains especially!!! We Eastern Kentucky folk need not have a pissing match between ourselves, lets support eachother and get out there and show them city boys how to play REAL football!
This is all about ifs. They don't play the same schedule and no one know what Dials would do in Grimms place because he is not in his place. I will say that both of these players are outstanding and mean everything to their teams chances of winning. Dials maybe even more important to SC. But we can not sit here and say gGrimm would have better number or how good Dials would be with JC line, because the facts are that Dials will play with his line and Grimm will play his schedule.
As an outsider looking in I have seen both young men play and they both are good running backs . One thing I look at is the team Grimm plays for has sevral weapons and the team Dials plays for well lets just say he's carrying the team on is back . But like I said I am an outsider looking in . And if a team really just has one big gun you would think it would be easy to stop it as were a team as sevral weapons it makes it a little easyer to break one loose. I'm not saying one is better than the other they both are special to there team and I hope they both work hard in the class room so they can go on and play ball at the next level. Good luck to both of these young men . And maybe the answer to this thread will be were each one ends up at next year if one goes to a D1 collage and the other doesn't then I would take that as the better ball player if they both do then maybe it will come down to who makes the pro's who knows Wink
57th crazer Wrote:this is crazy. if u r a central fan then you think grimm is better, if u r a sheldon clark fan u think dials is better and all the other fans in eastern kentucky are saying to there selfs our hb is better than dials or grimm. i have whatched both kids play and they are both great rb's. dials is leading the state in rushing and touchdowns so there for i have to say he is the best. if grimm was leading the state in rushing and td's then yes he would be better. everybody will know who is better at the end of the year when both kids have played belfry.

STATS...The single most overrated aspect of high school football. If rating a RB when on stats alone then the best RB the past couple of years would have been 5'8" kids who weigh 150 lbs and play at schools like Knott Co., Jenkins, or Cordia.