Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Cult of Trump : Can it Be Deprogrammed???
(05-20-2021, 02:58 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Can someone who is a Trump supporter reasonably explain to me how they can overlook all of his underhanded business dealings, his horrific mistreatment of women and his habitual lying?  I'm not even talking about politics or even talking about the time since he became President, but he has been a bad human being for the last 40 years or so.

I have a hard time understanding how they believe what he claims to be instead of actually looking at the man and seeing what he obviously is.  There are others from history that have been able to pull off the same charade, which makes it scary going forward that so many seem to have learned nothing from it.  He has come very close to tearing the country so far apart that we may never recover.  People need to open their eyes and see the real Donald Trump!
I've read lots and lots of stuff about Trump's life prior to becoming a player on the political stage. Most of what I've learned are assessments from people who have known him most of his life. It seems his guy has always been a lowlife and a failed businessman, kept afloat by his family's bailouts.  Just a bad, bad man and a really sick man.  I never found a whole lot I agreed with when it came to Reagan, the Bush's, , Romney, etc... but I never view them as bad humans. In fact, there are things I liked about them personally, if not politically. There is not a single thing to like  about this Trump fella. Nothing.  He suffers from EDD ---Empathy Deficit Disorder . As Outsider correctly pointed out,  Trump is just a terrible human being and has been so for decades. The monster we saw ,as a nation , for four years is the same monster those around him witnessed for the last four plus decades.

(05-20-2021, 02:58 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Can someone who is a Trump supporter reasonably explain to me how they can overlook all of his underhanded business dealings, his horrific mistreatment of women and his habitual lying?  I'm not even talking about politics or even talking about the time since he became President, but he has been a bad human being for the last 40 years or so.

I have a hard time understanding how they believe what he claims to be instead of actually looking at the man and seeing what he obviously is.  There are others from history that have been able to pull off the same charade, which makes it scary going forward that so many seem to have learned nothing from it.  He has come very close to tearing the country so far apart that we may never recover.  People need to open their eyes and see the real Donald Trump!
Outsider, there is hardly a day goes by that I don't think about some of these same things. And it's even worst than that. Many of these Trump loyalists are evangelicals...In my area, I know many Southern Baptist evangelicals who think this man's orange sh!t doesn't stink. If nothing else, Trump did one thing that may serve humanity in a positive way down the road--- He helped expose many on the religious right for the hypocrites they are and have always been.  Lots of new, young anti-theists now because of this Trump chump and the evangelicals odd affection for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
Messages In This Thread
RE: The Cult of Trump : Can it Be Deprogrammed??? - by Old School Hound - 05-20-2021, 11:47 PM