Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Cult of Trump : Can it Be Deprogrammed???
(05-28-2021, 07:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:48 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:24 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Gab is as close to a free speech platform as the self proclaimed free speech advocate who posted above in this thread will find on the internet. It is very telling that those on the far left who claim to support the First Amendment and claim to respect other people's opinions are so quick to ridicule other people's religious beliefs and other citizen's exercise of their First Amendment rights on a regular basis. (I believe that Parler began censoring content under pressure from the radical left and that is why so many conservatives abandoned the platform.)

Gab is owned and managed by a devout Christian who also fervently believes in the entire First Amendment, as well as the rest of our Constitution. Gab's terms of use are very simple - don't threaten violence and don't violate the law. If you don't want to read anti-Semitic, (peaceful, if there is such a thing) pro-Hamas posts, or anti-BLM posts, then Gab suggests that you block users who post content you find objectionable. The left has tried to shutdown Gab for years by pressuring banks and other businesses to blackball the company and its founder.

Some scientists have seriously proposed that we may be holograms existing within a supercomputer created and operated by advanced aliens. Such an idea seems far-fetched but it is a theory that is not easily disprovable by scientific methods. Thankfully, there is still room in this world for common sense.

Science is rarely "settled" and I personally do not believe that people have to choose between science and religion.

Scientists have already proposed the multiverse theory.  They'll propose anything they have to no matter how absurd to dodge the specter of the judgment. Which cannot be dodged BTW, it can only be mindlessly denied as long as one walks this planet.
Some scientific theories are no more provable or disprovable using scientific methods than religious beliefs are provable/disprovable using science. I love reading about theoretical physics but some scientific theories require as much faith as any religious belief does. The multiverse and the existence of dimensions beyond time are two such theories. Scientists cannot even be sure that many physical constants such as the speed of light and gravity are really constants throughout the universe.

Exactly. Man can generate the faith to accept all manner of scientific theory, which is often mostly guess work. And that's because there seems to be no recompense if those theories prove wrong. Not that I am trying to get you to agree here, but to me it's the personal responsibility/accountability aspect of life, that men are trying to dodge.
Proving theories wrong is as important as proving theories right. Many of the theories that have been substantiated through experimentation sounded like nonsense when they were first proposed, including many of Einstein's theories. The average American has a very poor understanding of science and that includes most members of Congress, which has made pseudo-science very profitable, along with the politicization of science.

I agree that personal responsibility and accountability in our society is lacking and nowhere is it more lacking than it is here in Washington, DC. Most politicians could not care less about the validity of scientific research and results, as long as they can use it to further their careers. This country is losing its lead across the board in technology, thanks in large part to people's opinions of science being tarnished by career political hacks. The U.S. is still producing many outstanding scientists but the trend toward scientific mediocrity is discouraging.
Quooter Trump Party doesn't believe in Science
Messages In This Thread
RE: The Cult of Trump : Can it Be Deprogrammed??? - by vector#1 - 05-28-2021, 09:16 PM