Belfry 38 Pikeville 6 -- Freshman
Belfry 32 Pikeville 0 @ the half

Final Belfry 38 Pikeville 6

WAY TO GO BOYS
Does Belfry have a freshman kicker?
Great job Pirates, good win.
Way to go Pirates
Congrats Pirates.
tomcatin Wrote:Does Belfry have a freshman kicker?

Yes... Im thinking he's # 80, Dakota Williamson.
tomcatin Wrote:Does Belfry have a freshman kicker?
YES DAKOTA WILLIAMSON
Pikeville Had No Class At All Last Night
PIRATE PRIDE Wrote:Pikeville Had No Class At All Last Night
Please explain.
Way to go Pirates
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Please explain.

I heard it was bad from a couple of people BUT I'm not sure on the specifics so I won't post any untruths.... I'm sure PP will update as soon as they get a chance!!
way to go pirates!
these freshman played piKeville last year for the county title there is a lot of emotion for both teams. But i was told that p-ville lost all but 8 of their players from last year. i know that sure wasn't the team we played last year @ county their a lot[B][/B] smaller this year i saw a couple of things that were not very classy like one of p-ville's players taunting our boys with the ball and as everyone knows belfry's players are taught not to act like that so as a pirate fan you just expect other teams to show the same sportsman ship as our boys do
Sportsmama Wrote:way to go pirates!
these freshman played piKeville last year for the county title there is a lot of emotion for both teams. But i was told that p-ville lost all but 8 of their players from last year. i know that sure wasn't the team we played last year @ county their a lot smaller this year i saw a couple of things that were not very classy like one of p-ville's players taunting our boys with the ball and as everyone knows belfry's players are taught not to act like that so as a pirate fan you just expect other teams to show the same sportsman ship as our boys do

This is all COMPLETELY false (the "classless" stuff). Not ONE instance of "taunting" by a Pikeville player (since we had to play 5 8th graders just to field a full unit, it wasn't like there were numerous positive plays where a Pikeville player WOULD "taunt" an opponent).

There was ONE incident the whole game...it was when AFTER a kickoff had been blown dead and a Belfry player came up behind a Pikeville player who was BEHIND the referee and nudged him in the back in what seemed to be an attempt to get the Pikeville player to retaliate. The ref saw it and warned the Belfry player (I could hear him because it was close to where we were in the stands).

Playing so many young kids (and having 2 of the Frosh that were playing new to football this season) and many of them having to play out of their normal position, despite the final score I was actually PLEASED at how well our guys COMPETED and fought (LEGALLY!) the entire game. First drive of the game (feuled mainly by big plays by 8th graders), Pikeville drove the ball methodically to Belfry's 10 yard line before a receiver ran a wrong route and the Belfry kid made a good play on the ball and picked it.

By the way, there were MANY more penalties thrown on Belfry than on Pikeville.

As classy as the concessions people and opposing staff was to us and our kids, I'm frankly kind of shocked someone would come on here and try to COMPLETELY fabricate what I saw to be a GOOD, hard-hitting game.
I'm not surprised. Belfry fans are spoiled and always find something to whine about even when they win. Good job by the Pikeville Junior High. Oops, Freshmen too!
Good Job BHS freshman we played good..TongueirateSho
That was not COMPLETELY false LOL Come on now. People heard them. You know, I hadn't said anything because stuff happens in every game but then people get on here and act like Belfrys awful and poor Pikeville gets picked on and never does anything wrong. If you guys NEVER do any thing then your the only team who dont. Rolleyes I know one Pikeville kid who shook the ball at Belfry taunting them and I also know that another of our players was called names and this little "fight" went on throughout the game soooo???? Yes maybe? there were more penalities called against us, I dont know and dont care because they WERE NOT unsportsman like conduct penaties, so what does that matter? I also heard, but dont know if its true and Dont Care that the P-ville QB is a sophmore, but none of it matters. I just cant stand the innocent denial of ever doing anything wrong. Cracks me up! Nobody is perfect. Belfry won, noones hurt, great game, they played good ball. Get back to the ballgame.
jetpilot Wrote:I'm not surprised. Belfry fans are spoiled and always find something to whine about even when they win. Good job by the Pikeville Junior High. Oops, Freshmen too!

Who's whinning about a win Smile That was a statement.
Panther1 Wrote:This is all COMPLETELY false (the "classless" stuff). Not ONE instance of "taunting" by a Pikeville player (since we had to play 5 8th graders just to field a full unit, it wasn't like there were numerous positive plays where a Pikeville player WOULD "taunt" an opponent).

There was ONE incident the whole game...it was when AFTER a kickoff had been blown dead and a Belfry player came up behind a Pikeville player who was BEHIND the referee and nudged him in the back in what seemed to be an attempt to get the Pikeville player to retaliate. The ref saw it and warned the Belfry player (I could hear him because it was close to where we were in the stands).

Playing so many young kids (and having 2 of the Frosh that were playing new to football this season) and many of them having to play out of their normal position, despite the final score I was actually PLEASED at how well our guys COMPETED and fought (LEGALLY!) the entire game. First drive of the game (feuled mainly by big plays by 8th graders), Pikeville drove the ball methodically to Belfry's 10 yard line before a receiver ran a wrong route and the Belfry kid made a good play on the ball and picked it.

By the way, there were MANY more penalties thrown on Belfry than on Pikeville.

As classy as the concessions people and opposing staff was to us and our kids, I'm frankly kind of shocked someone would come on here and try to COMPLETELY fabricate what I saw to be a GOOD, hard-hitting game.

Hey Coach, you're kids act just like you.

Enjoy your visit.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Hey Coach, you're kids act just like you.

Enjoy your visit.

Smile :flame:

Enjoy your visit.

:wtf1:Rolleyes

BTW, it's your kids...as in "I hope your kids don't spell like you." Wink
what happened to all of the pikeville players from last years jr high team?
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:what happened to all of the pikeville players from last years jr high team?

most quit for other sports. others had body problems

Enjoy your visit.

WHOOOOOAAAAH! Hopefully I can end all this...

Since I too was at this game last week and saw nothing like what was posted here about "classless" behavior by our guys, I thought I might be looking through "maroon-colored glasses" so I took the opportunity to speak directly with Coach Kevin Deskins -- the Belfry Freshman Coach -- Saturday and asked him if there was ANYTHING our kids did that would classify as "classless."

He said there was NOTHING that he saw from his sidelines...he even went as far as to point out that he'd watched the film of the game and didn't see anything then either. He assured me that his players hadn't reported anything classless to him either.

Suffice it to say, the Pikeville program has an INCREDIBLE amount of respect for the Belfry program -- and I, like many other Pikeville fans, hope Belfry does well in every game but 1 every year. We would NEVER encourage ANY kind of "classless" behavior by our players toward any opponent -- let alone one we respect so much.

We preach the same things I'm sure Coach Haywood does: to play hard enough to lay a hurting on the other guy -- but NEVER to try and "injure" an opponent, to ENTHUSIASTICALLY CELEBRATE big plays -- but to do it WITH YOUR TEAMMATES and never in a "taunting" manner toward your opponent, and to let your SHOULDER PADS do your talking on the field instead of your mouth.

That's NOT to say that teenage kids sometimes don't say things they shouldn't or let their emotions get the best of them during games (I know Coach Haywood wasn't pleased with the behavior of one of his players during the SV game...so despite all the teaching by even a legend like him, kids still are kids and will do what they shouldn't). We had some incidents with this last year that hurt us badly in the varsity game...and I saw (and HEARD directly from their mouths) a few Belfry players do some "not-so-classy" things (I won't mention the names or what was said on here...but I will say that one Belfry player actually came to me and apologized for his actions when he realized I heard what he said), and trust me, we used film of BOTH team's actions in a CONSTRUCTIVE way to show our kids what can happen if you let your emotions cause you to act in a way not totally respectful of your opponent and the game of football in general.

Again, being teenagers, they are a "work-in-progress." But I am VERY pleased to say that when we went to Ashland this year, the head of their chain crew along with several other of their fans and administrators to whom I spoke following the game commented to me that we were the one of, if not the HARDEST-HITTING yet CLASSIEST teams they'd EVER had on their visiting sidelines.

As to the comment about "they act just like you," and referring to the poster as 'coach,' I'm assuming you were directing that comment at me -- thinking I was the original poster. You seemed to imply that I somehow have acted "classless" and my players mimic me. I'm sorry you feel that way and don't understand any incident that would have caused you to think such a thing. I AM very enthusiastic at times on the sidelines--similar in kind to some of Belfry's assistants I've noticed--but there's no harm in that. I question calls made by the officials from time to time like any coach, but I NEVER used profanity or use any kind of "personal" remark toward them as I've heard MANY other coaches do. I require our kids to hit hard and play to the whistle -- which sometimes results in a roughing the passer or late hit penalty...but I think ALL coaches that preach aggressive play experience that (I know I've seen a few inadvertant late hits on film by some Belfry kids that were just playing hard as they could with no malice intended).

If you could please PM me or let it be known here publicly exactly what I (if you were referring to me particularly) have done "classlessly" and I'll get right to working on fixing that if it's something I might be inappropropriately modeling to our kids.

Looking forward to another GREAT battle with another tough, hard-hitting, and CLASSY program this week, by the way. Anybody fortunate enough to be at the game this Friday will I know see TWO teams with kids that will play their hearts out, hit HARD, but play with class and respect for their opponent at the same time.
Best post I've read in a long time. Hats off to ya Coach, You just earned my respect. Good luck to the Panthers all year long, with exception to the Belfry game that is.Big Grin From what I have read of your post here and at the other board, you are First Class in my book. You are right kids make mistakes, they just need to learn from them. I attended the game last year and the kids from both sides at times showed a little bad sportmanship. Excitement of the game and the rivalry between these two outstanding teams will sometimes cause that.
All right...insults have been maliciously scattered and the Coach has responded in a very classy way...please get back to the game and positive reinforcement of these young players and coaches or it will be closed.

This site will not become a place to anonymously slam coaches and players....show a little class...give a little respect.......

"Win with class, lose with class"
FOX SPORTS Wrote:All right...insults have been maliciously scattered and the Coach has responded in a very classy way...please get back to the game and positive reinforcement of these young players and coaches or it will be closed.

This site will not become a place to anonymously slam coaches and players....show a little class...give a little respect.......

"Win with class, lose with class"
:thumpsup: Good call!!
CoachJ Wrote:WHOOOOOAAAAH! Hopefully I can end all this...

Since I too was at this game last week and saw nothing like what was posted here about "classless" behavior by our guys, I thought I might be looking through "maroon-colored glasses" so I took the opportunity to speak directly with Coach Kevin Deskins -- the Belfry Freshman Coach -- Saturday and asked him if there was ANYTHING our kids did that would classify as "classless."

He said there was NOTHING that he saw from his sidelines...he even went as far as to point out that he'd watched the film of the game and didn't see anything then either. He assured me that his players hadn't reported anything classless to him either.

Suffice it to say, the Pikeville program has an INCREDIBLE amount of respect for the Belfry program -- and I, like many other Pikeville fans, hope Belfry does well in every game but 1 every year. We would NEVER encourage ANY kind of "classless" behavior by our players toward any opponent -- let alone one we respect so much.

We preach the same things I'm sure Coach Haywood does: to play hard enough to lay a hurting on the other guy -- but NEVER to try and "injure" an opponent, to ENTHUSIASTICALLY CELEBRATE big plays -- but to do it WITH YOUR TEAMMATES and never in a "taunting" manner toward your opponent, and to let your SHOULDER PADS do your talking on the field instead of your mouth.

That's NOT to say that teenage kids sometimes don't say things they shouldn't or let their emotions get the best of them during games (I know Coach Haywood wasn't pleased with the behavior of one of his players during the SV game...so despite all the teaching by even a legend like him, kids still are kids and will do what they shouldn't). We had some incidents with this last year that hurt us badly in the varsity game...and I saw (and HEARD directly from their mouths) a few Belfry players do some "not-so-classy" things (I won't mention the names or what was said on here...but I will say that one Belfry player actually came to me and apologized for his actions when he realized I heard what he said), and trust me, we used film of BOTH team's actions in a CONSTRUCTIVE way to show our kids what can happen if you let your emotions cause you to act in a way not totally respectful of your opponent and the game of football in general.

Again, being teenagers, they are a "work-in-progress." But I am VERY pleased to say that when we went to Ashland this year, the head of their chain crew along with several other of their fans and administrators to whom I spoke following the game commented to me that we were the one of, if not the HARDEST-HITTING yet CLASSIEST teams they'd EVER had on their visiting sidelines.

As to the comment about "they act just like you," and referring to the poster as 'coach,' I'm assuming you were directing that comment at me -- thinking I was the original poster. You seemed to imply that I somehow have acted "classless" and my players mimic me. I'm sorry you feel that way and don't understand any incident that would have caused you to think such a thing. I AM very enthusiastic at times on the sidelines--similar in kind to some of Belfry's assistants I've noticed--but there's no harm in that. I question calls made by the officials from time to time like any coach, but I NEVER used profanity or use any kind of "personal" remark toward them as I've heard MANY other coaches do. I require our kids to hit hard and play to the whistle -- which sometimes results in a roughing the passer or late hit penalty...but I think ALL coaches that preach aggressive play experience that (I know I've seen a few inadvertant late hits on film by some Belfry kids that were just playing hard as they could with no malice intended).

If you could please PM me or let it be known here publicly exactly what I (if you were referring to me particularly) have done "classlessly" and I'll get right to working on fixing that if it's something I might be inappropropriately modeling to our kids.

Looking forward to another GREAT battle with another tough, hard-hitting, and CLASSY program this week, by the way. Anybody fortunate enough to be at the game this Friday will I know see TWO teams with kids that will play their hearts out, hit HARD, but play with class and respect for their opponent at the same time.
It may be over-exaggerated on this thread but i was on the field...I know first hand
PiratePride Wrote:It may be over-exaggerated on this thread but i was on the field...I know first hand
I believe I'll take the classy coaches side on this one.
Anyways good luck to both teams. I hope to see a hard hitting, physical brand of football on Friday night at Cam. The boys from Tram are coming to Cam! Let's see if we can get a clean game with shoulder pad talking only. BTW the post from the real "Coach" (not Panther1) was one of the more classy posts I ahve ever seen on here. It should be used to inspire. I wish it was already here!
This thread has become pointless.
Closed