Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament Predictions
The region tournament is right around the corner, what’s everyone’s predictions for this years tournament?

I have two from what I have watched this year: 

1. Who ever has to face Breathitt, will have a game on their hands. A good team that has the capability to shock someone. 

2. Estill county is looking like Michael Phelps, ready to swim through the region. They are getting hot in the last part of the season!
Perry VS Hazard Final
Other than the 55th runner-up, there will not be an easy draw in the first round. Should be a great tournament.
I think it will depend on how the draw goes for everyone, but this Estill team is full of hungry dawgs. You know what they say, “Hungry dogs run faster.” I see this being their year, especially with them hosting!
Just saw the score posted from Letcher Co, looks like a good game was played. Any idea what happened?
This has been one of the most open fields I have ever seen. There is no clear favorite and teams seem to constantly beat each other.
Match ups are going to be huge. It will come down to who can put together 3 good games at the end.

IMO

The draw is going to really determine who has the best shot. Whoever gets the loser out of the 55th will be the best set up saving a first round arm. But ultimately it smokes them in the second round if they get a hard draw since it will ultimately put a winner of the other two remaining districts on there side. That drive will play some effect on teams this year as well especially for the east side of the region.

Estill is playing the best baseball and has a lot of emotion going into this tournament.

Powell Co. will give someone a tough game with there team. They put tpgether a ball game and someone will have to burn a good arm to win.

Perry Co. is deep and has been a light switch team on games all year. If they play the ball they are capable of then they give a good chance to advance. If they kick the ball around like they have this year then they will struggle bad.

Hazard always plays ball at tournament time but doesn't have that shut down arm they have had in the past. Coach Mehan and the Bulldogs will come ready to play. They always play fundamental baseball in the post season and will give someone a game to bit there nails on.

Letcher Central has been playing good baseball lately when they have there arms on the mound. Letcher has been a team that will compete one night and then see a defeat the next. Lost to Breathitt two weeks ago and then beat Hazard last night. Definitely will be a stout matchup for someone. There 2-6 can put the bat on the ball.

Knott Central is senior loaded but depends on the arm they throw. 13 Seniors will be looking for any way possible to play one more game. With Dameron on the mound they are tough but outside that they have played really close with in region teams. Playing Breathitt tight two times and then losing to Estill it will be a good tournament for them as well.

Breathitt Co. is the snake in the grass this post season. This is my bracket buster team. Coach Hamilton has a young team that will shock you. Very tough schedule with some close games all year long makes for good learning experiences. Breathitt will shock someone this post season ill put money on it. With the right draw we may see them in the championship yet again with an underclass loaded team.

Either way I see it, it will be one heck of a tournament and good baseball. Really hope to see some tight competitive games all the way through the post season. Best of luck to all teams this post season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SidelineFan's post:
  • Bluecat
Letcher got up 6 to 0 on Hazard. Hazard then worked their way back to the final score of 6 to 4. Miller was relived by Pelfrey for Hazard. Brown took win and Little picked up save for LCC.
(05-27-2021, 10:45 AM)SidelineFan Wrote: This has been one of the most open fields I have ever seen. There is no clear favorite and teams seem to constantly beat each other.
Match ups are going to be huge. It will come down to who can put together 3 good games at the end.

IMO

The draw is going to really determine who has the best shot. Whoever gets the loser out of the 55th will be the best set up saving a first round arm. But ultimately it smokes them in the second round if they get a hard draw since it will ultimately put a winner of the other two remaining districts on there side. That drive will play some effect on teams this year as well especially for the east side of the region.

Estill is playing the best baseball and has a lot of emotion going into this tournament.

Powell Co. will give someone a tough game with there team. They put tpgether a ball game and someone will have to burn a good arm to win.

Perry Co. is deep and has been a light switch team on games all year. If they play the ball they are capable of then they give a good chance to advance. If they kick the ball around like they have this year then they will struggle bad.

Hazard always plays ball at tournament time but doesn't have that shut down arm they have had in the past. Coach Mehan and the Bulldogs will come ready to play. They always play fundamental baseball in the post season and will give someone a game to bit there nails on.

Letcher Central has been playing good baseball lately when they have there arms on the mound. Letcher has been a team that will compete one night and then see a defeat the next. Lost to Breathitt two weeks ago and then beat Hazard last night. Definitely will be a stout matchup for someone. There 2-6 can put the bat on the ball.

Knott Central is senior loaded but depends on the arm they throw. 13 Seniors will be looking for any way possible to play one more game. With Dameron on the mound they are tough but outside that they have played really close with in region teams. Playing Breathitt tight two times and then losing to Estill it will be a good tournament for them as well.

Breathitt Co. is the snake in the grass this post season. This is my bracket buster team. Coach Hamilton has a young team that will shock you. Very tough schedule with some close games all year long makes for good learning experiences. Breathitt will shock someone this post season ill put money on it. With the right draw we may see them in the championship yet again with an underclass loaded team.

Either way I see it, it will be one heck of a tournament and good baseball. Really hope to see some tight competitive games all the way through the post season. Best of luck to all teams this post season.
Very well said! This will be a great tournament to watch!
Big 14th region show down tonight in Irvine as Hazard comes to town.
Pulling for Estill.