•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Loading Up
(09-27-2021, 06:10 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 11:09 AM)Huck Fin Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 11:04 AM)Wildcat100 Wrote: Landon Napier ruled ineligible By KHSAA. Shannon is working the phone lines hard to find another player

Shannon is working the phones hard but not half as much as coach Noble on the horn to the khsaa to keep Napier off the floor at PCC.
Facts.
Kinda doubt Coach Noble is too terribly concerned. Napier is a solid kid but was really the only scorer Estill had so he sort of stood out. Questionable if he would break the starting line up at Breathitt.

He probably isn't concerned. Napier only had 26 against Breathitt last year. Could have easily been 36 if he knocked down a few more 3s. Id just let him shoot. Hoskins offense isn't going to limit the team to 40 possessions or less.
(11-18-2021, 03:46 PM)Send It Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 06:10 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 11:09 AM)Huck Fin Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 11:04 AM)Wildcat100 Wrote: Landon Napier ruled ineligible By KHSAA. Shannon is working the phone lines hard to find another player

Shannon is working the phones hard but not half as much as coach Noble on the horn to the khsaa to keep Napier off the floor at PCC.
Facts.
Kinda doubt Coach Noble is too terribly concerned. Napier is a solid kid but was really the only scorer Estill had so he sort of stood out. Questionable if he would break the starting line up at Breathitt.

He probably isn't concerned. Napier only had 26 against Breathitt last year. Could have easily been 36 if he knocked down a few more 3s. Id just let him shoot. Hoskins offense isn't going to limit the team to 40 possessions or less.
Yea, if someone is 3 of 13 from 3 point line and is the only one shooting for his team, let him fire away. So I agree with you. I also agree that if a player hits more of his shots, his point total increases.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • PREZCAT
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yea, if someone is 3 of 13 from 3 point line and is the only one shooting for his team, let him fire away. So I agree with you. I also agree that if a player hits more of his shots, his point total increases.
[/quote]

Big Al took your advice.
Bet he has a different game plan next time.
I think PCC is the best team in the region still. 10 or more points better than anyone. They have the best ball handler in the region with Rydge. He takes care of the basketball and makes sure Perry gets good looks. Napier is probably the most athletic kid in the region (that can play and do a lot of things well). That’s why I think PCC is the best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(01-10-2022, 11:05 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think PCC is the best team in the region still.  10 or more points better than anyone.  They have the best ball handler in the region with Rydge.  He takes care of the basketball and makes sure Perry gets good looks.  Napier is probably the most athletic kid in the region (that can play and do a lot of things well).  That’s why I think PCC is the best.
You’re probably right. Perry beat Hazard earlier this season by 27 and beat Leslie by 33. Breathitt struggled with both those teams before pulling out a 6 point win over Hazard and 10 over Leslie. 
I suppose we’ll get a more definitive answer Jan 25 when Breathitt plays at Perry Central.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
"Perry Central is loading up."

Also: "the ground gets wet when it rains"
[Image:

]
Bruthas until they close the underground tunnel off ole Hosky and Jetty be sneaking em across bruthas!  #sonicandinfrareddetectors  #buildthewall  More mash taters please!!!
“Perry Central is loading up” is the most accurate title I’ve ever heard. Just shows how they go out and grab whoever they want from wherever! If they don’t win the region it will be embarrassing.
Don’t think it’s ever embarrassed them in the past. Didn’t win with Jaysean Page, Justin Johnson, and a few others over the years. Lol. Dang tunnel is only getting bigger and bigger over by Circle T.
  • fatpatfan
(01-10-2022, 06:52 PM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote: “Perry Central is loading up” is the most accurate title I’ve ever heard. Just shows how they go out and grab whoever they want from wherever! If they don’t win the region it will be embarrassing.

No embarrassment at all.
Perry wasn't the "overwhelming" pre season #1. These boys will play hard and thats all we will ask of them. Go Commodores!
Interesting read.
Perry will “Load up” again next year just like they do almost every year because they have yet to prove they can win with all hometown boys
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatsFan2.0's post:
  • Region14fan
Never know.
May have a 6'8" kid next year.
(03-09-2022, 05:01 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: Never know.
May have a 6'8" kid next year.
Wouldn’t surprise me one bit
It wouldn’t surprise me if Evin Eversole isn’t 6’8 by next season. Kid looks taller every time I see him. May not have to recruit any in.
(03-09-2022, 06:20 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: It wouldn’t surprise me if Evin Eversole isn’t 6’8 by next season.  Kid looks taller every time I see him.  May not have to recruit any in.
Judging by your previous post dukeboy, I can tell you are a PCC native. Tell me, does it ever get old not having homegrown talent?
Well Lanse McKenzie is hometown boy. MVP

Brock
Rydge
Day
Knight
Fannin

Probably could won it with Knight in the lineup instead of Napier but maybe Landon opened things up for Lanse and Brock with his outside shooting ability.
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(03-09-2022, 09:09 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Well Lanse McKenzie is hometown boy.  MVP

Brock
Rydge
Day
Knight
Fannin

Probably could won it with Knight in the lineup instead of Napier but maybe Landon opened things up for Lanse and Brock with his outside shooting ability.
Knight ain’t a hometown boy lol. Played at Buckhorn last year. Considering Napier was 14th region player of the year this year, I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and say that Perry wouldn’t have won there district with their own players. The sad part is it’s illegal stuff that goes on up there to get people eligible and somehow you find a way to do it every time. I actually can’t remember the last team they won a region with all PCC boys…probably cause it’s never happened.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BiscuitNGravy's post:
  • Region14fan
(03-09-2022, 10:06 PM)BiscuitNGravy Wrote:

Brock
Rydge
Day
Knight
Fannin

Knight ain’t a hometown boy lol. Played at Buckhorn last year. Considering Napier was 14th region player of the year this year, I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and say that Perry wouldn’t have won there district with their own players. The sad part is it’s illegal stuff that goes on up there to get people eligible and somehow you find a way to do it every time. I actually can’t remember the last team they won a region with all PCC boys…probably cause it’s never happened.
What grade is Niece in at Buckhorn? I would say the Hoskin twins are taking a hard look at him.
Buckhorn is in Perry county.
And every kid on the team is a PCC kid. One is just adopted, but a PCC kid all the same. WE LOVE LANDON!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Huck Fin's post:
  • DukeBoy, WaterBoy15thregion

Brock
Rydge
Day
Knight
Fannin

I will agree with about McKenzie being a hometown boy he’s been around since he was in 7th or 8th grade but nothing against Napier he’s great player but he’s far from a Perry boy without Napier I just don’t think Perry wins region this year his prescience alone opened up a lot for Perry this
Perry has had a few players over the years move in. But I can’t really say a lot. Look at Cordia. New team every year. Hazard seems to get a few every year. This stuff has been going on for years and years. Kids want to better themselves by going to what they feel is a better situation, opportunity, or improve quality of life. Idk. You can blame Perry or whatever School it may be but at the end of the day it falls on the kid and his families back for moving/transferring.
Here’s my take on it and I’m a Breathitt native.. all you guys a complaining at Perry just because they kicked our asses. Hazard for sure played duff and I know exactly where his parents live and it’s not Perry county lol. Cordia has a new team every year and I can’t even pronounce some of their names. “Their not from Lott’s creek”. This year bhs has Collins from buckhorn, yeah I know his parents they do live in breathitt county over on 52 but he’s still a transfer from buckhorn. Hoskins which wasn’t much help is from owsley. I know where his parents live too. What I’m trying to say is guys every school does it don’t be hating just because someone else is better at the game than your school.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mountainparkway's post:
  • DukeBoy, Huck Fin
I wish the KHSAA would just say 1 free move and then your done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Heard that all of GRCs first 5 are from another area. So it’s not like it’s only happening in our region.

Of all the schools in the 14th Region, which ones draw the most interests for a kid to transfer to that school?

There’s a few schools that I don’t think welcome transfers really.

List the schools and the sports related transfers. Don’t have to put a kids name on here though.
I agree that Perry isn’t the only school in the 14th that recruits…Hazard is just as guilty bringing in Shoptaw last year. Cordia just takes it to a whole different level lol. But nobody can say “everybody does it” because not everyone does it. There’s a reason why the same teams have so many regional titles under their belt. And also, I wouldn’t be upset about it if it was just kids wanting to transfer to better themselves…the thing that gets me is when you offer people money, job, and a place to live (which are all illegal) to come play for you. I don’t know, maybe I’m just taking it a little to far, but I just would love to see who would win if everybody had their own players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BiscuitNGravy's post:
  • Region14fan
I feel the same way as you BG. But I don’t think we will ever get to see it happen.

I think Shoptaw had been here since 4th grade when he came from Laurel County.
I do believe that no other region compares to the 14th region tournament. Playing in the small gyms are electric!
Yes they are.
A “few” of the Perry Central transfers since 2011. I’m sure I’m missing a “few”. Can’t wait to see who they bring in this summer to compliment Beverly and Day for next season.

Jaysean Paige 2011-12
Justin Johnson 2012-13
Damon Tobler 2013-14
Nahim Lee 2013-2014
John Toomer 2013-14
James Blair 2014-15
Idris Akenyemi 2016-17
Princewill Anosike 2016-17
Camron Turner 2017-18
Marquis Frazier 2018-19
DeAndre Reed 2018-19
Landon Napier 2021-22