•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Loading Up
Old Nickname. Lol
Hollywood will always listen to offers. Just sayin.
I am glad we have so many teams in the 14th Region and across the state that are so committed to winning with their own kids that they refuse any athletes that want to transfer to their school.

I mean, sure, you could be like GRC and have a few transfers and win a state championship. But where is the fun in that?
(04-09-2022, 10:11 AM)running_clock Wrote: I am glad we have so many teams in the 14th Region and across the state that are so committed to winning with their own kids that they refuse any athletes that want to transfer to their school.

I mean, sure, you could be like GRC and have a few transfers and win a state championship. But where is the fun in that?
Yea if I were a high school coach and some good athlete wanted to transfer to my school, I’d turn them all away..  lol
(04-09-2022, 04:49 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 10:11 AM)running_clock Wrote: I am glad we have so many teams in the 14th Region and across the state that are so committed to winning with their own kids that they refuse any athletes that want to transfer to their school.

Yea if I were a high school coach and some good athlete wanted to transfer to my school, I’d turn them all away..  lol
"Sorry, buddy. We already have a basketball team here."
(04-09-2022, 10:26 PM)running_clock Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 04:49 PM)Show-stopper Wrote:

"Sorry, buddy. We already have a basketball team here."
Lol too funny. ?
I think the insinuation is here that players just” fall into the lap of coaches”… and a coach would be stupid to turn a good player away…Is that really what happens because I don’t think so…
(04-09-2022, 11:48 PM)Conductor Wrote: I think the insinuation is here that players just” fall into the lap of coaches”… and a coach would be stupid to turn a good player away…Is that really what happens because I don’t think so
You think these coaches are recruiting?  Lol no way ? ?. These players are running to these other schools.

Agreed. Some schools and fans are ok with receiving transfers but not ok when they lose one. I think there is a word for that.
Let them go where they want to. This place is getting about as bad as Russia.
(04-10-2022, 10:19 AM)Huck Fin Wrote:

Agreed. Some schools and fans are ok with receiving transfers but not ok when they lose one. I think there is a word for that.

People who lose kids and lose basketball games end up sore about it and I wouldn’t blame them. There are a lot of kids who grow up wanting to put their school’s name on their chest and if one of your buddies leaves the team it probably hurts.

If we’re being honest, and everyone stayed where they started out, Jackson City would’ve probably been playing Estill County in the 14th Region championship game this year. But we’ll never know because these kids and families made decisions they felt were right for them. Luckily they don’t answer to the geniuses on here.
(04-10-2022, 01:47 AM)Show-stopper Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 11:48 PM)Conductor Wrote: I think the insinuation is here that players just” fall into the lap of coaches”… and a coach would be stupid to turn a good player away…Is that really what happens because I don’t think so
You think these coaches are recruiting?  Lol no way ? ?. These players are running to these other schools.

I think each case has its own unique set of circumstances. I don't think its fair to lump everyone into a basket of deplorables.
(04-10-2022, 12:54 PM)RunningClock Wrote:

People who lose kids and lose basketball games end up sore about it and I wouldn’t blame them. There are a lot of kids who grow up wanting to put their school’s name on their chest and if one of your buddies leaves the team it probably hurts.

If we’re being honest, and everyone stayed where they started out, Jackson City would’ve probably been playing Estill County in the 14th Region championship game this year. But we’ll never know because these kids and families made decisions they felt were right for them. Luckily they don’t answer to the geniuses on here.
I don’t think Jackson city would be playing for a championship one bit. Turner and Collins are the only jackson city school natives. All the other boys went to the public school prior to transferring up on the hill in middle school. The Bellamy’s, combs and sperry all started with the public school. So no, I don’t think turner and Collins could take them to the regional finals. They didn’t make the finals this year all together. With that said I have no problems with kids playing where they want. I for see a player for the bobcats this year playing 30 miles down the road. Time will only tell
I can’t foresee any Breathitt kids playing on another roster. Don’t matter if it’s 30 miles down the road or not. I talk with a lot of the parents and being a parent of one of them I know mine isn’t going anywhere. But if they do I hope the door don’t hit them on the way out.
(04-10-2022, 02:51 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote:

I don’t think Jackson city would be playing for a championship one bit. Turner and Collins are the only jackson city school natives. All the other boys went to the public school prior to transferring up on the hill in middle school. The Bellamy’s, combs and sperry all started with the public school. So no, I don’t think turner and Collins could take them to the regional finals. They didn’t make the finals this year all together. With that said I have no problems with kids playing where they want. I for see a player for the bobcats this year playing 30 miles down the road. Time will only tell
My apologies. Hard to keep up with all the transfers when you account for K-8.
So I'll rephrase...
if Jackson City would have kept all those kids together they would have been in the championship game. They had Dawson Duff too.

My whole point in this minor rant is that kids want to play where they want to play. Collins has played varsity sports for three schools already at this point but there isn't a thread that's been going on for almost a year about Breathitt County loading up. It's only an issue when a team wins. Should a player from Wolfe County or Estill County want to show up and play at Breathitt next year, they'd welcome them with open arms just like they did Collins and they would try to win ballgames.

What is it that Ben Shapiro says? "Facts don't care about your feelings." Kids will play where they want to play and it doesn't matter what anyone says.
Parkway buddy I'm just rambling and not really directing anything at you. Just getting tired of the same old talk about transfers and junk every year.
You could make a superteam from the 14th and walk through the region and have to go through multiple superteams of handpicked kids from some other region at Rupp.
I understand running clock…no hard feelings here. I’d say Collins will prob play for the 4th team by the time he graduates lol. I agree it’s only a problem win a team wins.
Like I said man…I’m all for a kid to transfer if they don’t wanna play where they are. But when a team, specifically a coach, physically makes calls to go out and get people and do illegal stuff to get them eligible is when the line becomes crossed. If it was just kids transferring every year across the 14th then that would be fine. But from what I’ve heard, and from what I know, that’s nots the case…especially not in Perry County.
Bisquits and Gravy, what all have you heard? This sound more like Pikeville Prep Academy to me. What has Perry done? They are usually just so good everyone wants to play there especially kids from Jersey and NY.
They also would of had Slayde Sizemore and Xander Terry along with that core who were 1000 point scorers in their own right.

Christian Collins
Jaylen Turner
Xander Terry
Slayde Sizemore
Luke Bellamy
Bryce Hoskins
Andrew Combs
Austin Sperry
Dawson Duff
Micah Henson
Isaac Bellamy

Now that is a roster.

So I would agree that Jackson City very well could of competed for a regional title.

(04-10-2022, 10:25 PM)running_clock Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:51 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote:

My apologies. Hard to keep up with all the transfers when you account for K-8.
So I'll rephrase...
if Jackson City would have kept all those kids together they would have been in the championship game. They had Dawson Duff too.

My whole point in this minor rant is that kids want to play where they want to play. Collins has played varsity sports for three schools already at this point but there isn't a thread that's been going on for almost a year about Breathitt County loading up. It's only an issue when a team wins. Should a player from Wolfe County or Estill County want to show up and play at Breathitt next year, they'd welcome them with open arms just like they did Collins and they would try to win ballgames.

What is it that Ben Shapiro says? "Facts don't care about your feelings." Kids will play where they want to play and it doesn't matter what anyone says.
Parkway buddy I'm just rambling and not really directing anything at you. Just getting tired of the same old talk about transfers and junk every year.
You could make a superteam from the 14th and walk through the region and have to go through multiple superteams of handpicked kids from some other region at Rupp.
Believe in the horn…. That team wouldn’t have done any better than bhs did this year. Only play 5 at a time and in highschool unless a team is in foul trouble kids want to play the entire game. Hence 8 min quarters. Now noble doesn’t play high intensity defense so 7 players at most is all he needs. Maybe if he had this many players he could press the entire game but I doubt it, not his style. So no I don’t think this team would fair any better than what happened this past season.
Always nice to have another player when one of your starters gets two intentional fouls in the first half of the region semis!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RunningClock's post:
  • Huck Fin
Haha. They had combs coming off the bench. He’s won 6th man of the year twice. I guess if bobcats had 8 or 9 great players then they would have beat pcc? Doubt it. One of the best athletes/player in the region takes one shot the entire game your more than likely beat
It doesn't matter how good the athletes are if they don't put in the time or have a motor.
BREATHITT COUNTY PREDICTED TO WIN REGION EVERY YEAR AND THEY CHOKE, HAD THE REGION TOURNAMENT ON THIER HOME COURT LAST YEAR AND GOT BEAT. 2022-2023 TEAM TO BEAT WILL BE THE HAZARD BULLDOGS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • Mountainparkway
That’s the truth warrior hawk
Perry Central is the team to beat. Got Rydge, Day, Knight, and 3 new kids moving in to Coach Hoskins apartment chain as we speak. The Region is PCCs as long as they want it.
The Perry faithful must be proud. I mean if you are the the biggest school in the region and can’t win without recruiting 2 or 3 kids that says a lot about your player development. How can you not develop 5-7 kids out of Perry’s student body? In no way I’m I saying they are the only school that does it but if there’s a school that should need to recruit you would think.
(04-17-2022, 05:26 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Perry Central is the team to beat.  Got Rydge, Day, Knight, and 3 new kids moving in to Coach Hoskins apartment chain as we speak.  The Region is PCCs as long as they want it.
Those 3 are good players but they can’t win region alone , and I don’t think Hoskins is gonna be able to add enough to repeat.
I've heard some things from the fringes but ill give it some time before I comment here. I don't want to speculate and spread fake news.

(04-17-2022, 05:47 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: The Perry faithful must be proud. I mean if you are the the biggest school in the region and can’t win without recruiting 2 or 3 kids that says a lot about your player development. How can you not develop 5-7 kids out of Perry’s student body? In no way I’m I saying they are the only school that does it but if there’s a school that should need to recruit you would think.

We are very proud of each and every one on our team this year. The younger boys have been shaped by there examples of being a real teammate. Perry will benefit from that for years down the road.
(04-17-2022, 08:47 PM)Huck Fin Wrote: I've heard some things from the fringes but ill give it some time before I comment here. I don't want to speculate and spread fake news.

(04-17-2022, 05:47 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: The Perry faithful must be proud. I mean if you are the the biggest school in the region and can’t win without recruiting 2 or 3 kids that says a lot about your player development. How can you not develop 5-7 kids out of Perry’s student body? In no way I’m I saying they are the only school that does it but if there’s a school that should need to recruit you would think.

We are very proud of each and every one on our team this year. The younger boys have been shaped by there examples of being a real teammate. Perry will benefit from that for years down the road.
Well when those same “younger boys” are recruited over in the years to come we will see how they feel. I get it you want to win at all cost but there’s a reason your crowds keep getting smaller and smaller every year. Your community does care about a team made up of recruits. To me if you’re going to do it you have to recruit good enough to win or compete at the Sweet 16. This year was a bad draw but out of all the teams from Perry’s to play in the Sweet 16 how many wins do they have in the state tournament? Just getting to the Sweet 16 can’t always be the goal If you’re recruiting half your team.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next