Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Songs That Put You in Mind of Today's Trumplican Party : Playlist
I am putting together a compilation of songs that best resemble the Trump-Q wing of the Republican Party , dominated by Dear Leader,  Marjorie Crazy Greene, Mattster the Fratster Gaetz ,  GYM Jordan,  Looney Lauren Bobert,  Ron " The Democrats are conspiring to put a computer chip in my"  Johnson, and others.  These people now control the once proud party of Lincoln, leaving principled conservatives and moderates without a place to call home.

Once I nail down  twenty or so songs that best  put me in mind of this Trumplican Party and put them on a disc, I  may send out the finished product to several  Republican chapter presidents across the state thanking them for helping  keep a Democrat in the White House for decades to come.     Tongue

If you have any musical suggestions to add to the playlist, feel free to join in and engage the satire.   Shall we begin?  Conservatives and progressives alike. Help me out.

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...A&usqp=CAU]  =>

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...g&usqp=CAU]   =>

"Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end."

ALL    ABOARD    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
Taken my life , so now take my soul
That's what you said
And I believed it all  ...

LIAR
LIAR
LIAR  ...

Look in my eyes
What do you see?
The cult of personality
I know your anger, I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be
I'm the cult of personality...

I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face on your T.V.
I'm the cult of personality
I exploit you,  still you love me

I tell you one and one makes three
I'm the cult of personality ...

You gave me fortune
You gave me fame
You gave me power in your own god's name
I'm every person you need to be
Oh, I'm the cult of personality
  • Cardfan1
This is an awesome thread.

PHP Code:
https://youtu.be/pojL_35QlSI 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • Old School Hound
You know, I've observed something for the last quarter century or so that is as constant as the northern star. Conservatives have a terrible time finding humor in life, especially self-deprecating humor. They simply cannot laugh at themselves or about the things they believe.  A psychologist might suggest insecurity as the root cause.  I have also found that epistemology is a foreign idea to most conservatives.  Recognizing fact vs. opinion is a struggle for many on the far right..

One thing I really like about former President G.W. Bush  is his willingness to laugh and find humor in life. He also seems to take delight in being self-deprecating. That is so incredibly rare among conservatives AND most Republicans.  Big props for that to the ex-prez!  He has become a very likeable guy. Apparently all of that time he spent jetting around the globe with former President Clinton helped him uncover how freeing it is to laugh and not take life so seriously. George W. does a great job of it. Michelle Obama says that's one of the things she loves most about President Bush- his ability to make her laugh. 

Sadly, a good sense of humor is so hard to find in someone on the far-right. You are more likely to find humor at a funeral than among a group of extreme conservatives. I' am not too confident I will be successful with our conservative friends. But I'll keep trying. Smile      One of them is already a lost cause. 

• Cardfan1
Old School Hound
The contents of this message are hidden because Old School Hound is on your ignore list.
Old School Hound
The contents of this message are hidden because Old School Hound is on your ignore list.
Cardfan1
The contents of this message are hidden because Cardfan1 is on your ignore list.
Old School Hound
vector#1
The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list.
vector#1
The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list.
(05-31-2021, 10:22 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Old School Hound
Old School Hound
Cardfan1
The contents of this message are hidden because Cardfan1 is on your ignore list.
Old School Hound
vector#1
vector#1
vector#1