Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Ladies & Gentleman, The 46th POTUS Joseph R. Biden : CUE THE MUSIC
Don't ever say that I'm not fair and balanced in my satirically eloquent kind of way.  I don't want my conservative friends to think that I can't look at both ends of the political spectrum with a completely objective lens. I am an equal opportunity satirist.

So now it's time to take a look at our 46th president and give an auditory appraisal of our current C-I-C.

President Biden walks towards the podium to address the nation. You are behind the curtain ready to cue up his music, in much the same way a MLB player has his music played as he walks to the plate.  What classic pop/rock or country song do you play for Mr. Biden as he walks to the podium?  

I will lead it off and you guys hopefully can take it from there.  I loved this song as a little 8 y.o progressive and I still love it  I love leaders who value unity and discourage division.     Thanks in advance for your contributions. Please be respectful.   Wink

Some Jon Bon Jovi :

So then, our selections are to be tethered to what? If your example selection as an EOS was meant in a satirical sense, then I get it. If not then here is my offering.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...A&usqp=CAU]

(05-31-2021, 01:53 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: So then, our selections are to be tethered to what? If your example selection as an EOS was meant in a satirical sense, then I get it. If not then here is my offering.

You got it!   No tether. Just anything you want  to cue up.   It's your world !   I appreciate you playing along. I genuinely mean it.
Alright, let's have some fun...

A man called Young singing  Old Man:

Released early in my senior year of high school, this song takes me right back there. Joe Biden was a young legislative lothario of 37 when this was released. You old guys may remember it.

ROMEO'S  TUNE  (1979)

It's king and queen and we must go down 'round
Behind the chandelier
Where I won't have to speak my mind
And you won't have to hear
Shreds of news and after thoughts
And complicated scenes
We'll weather down behind the light
And fade like magazines
Meet me in the middle of the day
Let me hear you say, "Everything's okay"
Bring me southern kisses from your room
Hey, hey
Meet me in the middle of the night
Let me hear you say, "Everything's alright"
Let me smell the moon in your perfume
[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...A&usqp=CAU]

Released early in '79, back when both Joe and myself had no trouble staying upright.  Btw, does anyone know what popular '70's /'80's  TV  show Suzi Quatro made several guest appearances on ?

STUMBLIN'  IN  

I can only hope that twenty years from now I still have the mental faculties that Biden has. I'm lucky if I remember what I had for supper last night. I can't imagine having to deliver speeches and remember all the things a president has to keep tabs on.  Having said that,  anyone know some good synapse-strengthening exercises ?  If so, let me and Joe know.

One of my favorite ELO songs. Very underrated.

From late  1979 , when I was 17 and Biden was  37 and all of our 125 trillion brain synapses were still firing on all cylinders.

CONFUSION

Everywhere the sun is shinin'
All around the world it's shinin'
But cold winds blow across your mind
It's such a terrible shame
(Confusion)
You don't know what you're sayin'

Every night you're out there, darlin'

You're always out there runnin'

And I see that lost look in your eyes   Woah

I don't know what I should do

(Confusion)