Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 28 East Carter 10
Final :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
Congrats Russell
Congrats Russell!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have never seen so many flags in a football game.....I thought that East had a band competition going on with all the flags on the field..Yea I am gonna say it....Terrible called game....At one point the referee standing at the goal line had the flag on the ground before the ball was tee-d to be kicked.. He was standing with his foot on it waiting for the kickoff to start....He picked it up and put in his pocket before the kickoff. after we yelled at him..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Congrats Red Devils!
One of the most boring unispired performances I have seen in a while. Russell came out with no emotion and played that way for most of the game. They better learn that they can't just turn it on and off.

East Carters defense stacked 11 in the box and dared Russell to throw. They did a little bit but for the most part just stuck to the grind out running game. Drew Abrams again hit the holes and ran hard. The player of the game IMO was the Russell offensive line.

Jones ankle did hold him back. It appeared he was not up to full speed running the ball. He did throw it well and had a few go off the tips of the recievers fingers. The passing game was there anytime they wanted it.

East Carter did play hard and with ALOT more emotion.
[Image: http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/images/sta...online.gif]
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I have never seen so many flags in a football game.....I thought that East had a band competition going on with all the flags on the field..Yea I am gonna say it....Terrible called game....At one point the referee standing at the goal line had the flag on the ground before the ball was tee-d to be kicked.. He was standing with his foot on it waiting for the kickoff to start....He picked it up and put in his pocket before the kickoff. after we yelled at him..

you got to be kidding me ?

thats Kenny Johnson crew for you and yes I will talk bad about them thats my right cause Kenny is my cousin, the worst ref that I have ever seen in my life
Congrats Russell
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Keep up the W's Devils that's what matters.
If Russell doesn't step it up soon we will get the L at Mason County in a few weeks if not before.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:If Russell doesn't step it up soon we will get the L at Mason County in a few weeks if not before.

way to be supportive!
Congrats Russell
RedDevilRB Wrote:way to be supportive!
I'm just telling it like it is.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I'm just telling it like it is.

and im telling you like it is..if you dont like to support us...dont come to the games
Its not about supporting the team RB,,, it is all about supporting the team only to watch some of the guys not wanting to block, or hit the holes or for petesake make tackles... You know that the Devils have a great support group and fan base.. But we have also been around long enough to recognize when the team is flat..... If you guys play hard and loose that is acceptable..If you dont play hard and stay focused you will loose and make it look alot worse.. We as fans are watching you guys play your heart out for a game that we can not get to play anymore...Yea we are hasbeens..........but we were there once and would love to do it again...But that is why we get upset and say things because you guys need to realize at a young age,,,work hard and if you are going to play the game give it your best everytime...Because soon it will be you on the sidelines watching other kids younger than you on that field...And it will make you mad to see a kid not giving 100% out there and then you will remember this post.
But for now remember this..........Be a leader and motivate your team...dont wait until your last year to do it...when others see you focused and wanting to play with all your heart,, they will hopefully do the same....
RB you are a great kid with the talent to be one of the better RB coming out of Russell... just play with all your heart and the spirit that makes you a great player to watch and for my son to look up to.... Keep up the good work and get ready for LC....
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Its not about supporting the team RB,,, it is all about supporting the team only to watch some of the guys not wanting to block, or hit the holes or for petesake make tackles... You know that the Devils have a great support group and fan base.. But we have also been around long enough to recognize when the team is flat..... If you guys play hard and loose that is acceptable..If you dont play hard and stay focused you will loose and make it look alot worse.. We as fans are watching you guys play your heart out for a game that we can not get to play anymore...Yea we are hasbeens..........but we were there once and would love to do it again...But that is why we get upset and say things because you guys need to realize at a young age,,,work hard and if you are going to play the game give it your best everytime...Because soon it will be you on the sidelines watching other kids younger than you on that field...And it will make you mad to see a kid not giving 100% out there and then you will remember this post.
But for now remember this..........Be a leader and motivate your team...dont wait until your last year to do it...when others see you focused and wanting to play with all your heart,, they will hopefully do the same....
RB you are a great kid with the talent to be one of the better RB coming out of Russell... just play with all your heart and the spirit that makes you a great player to watch and for my son to look up to.... Keep up the good work and get ready for LC....

AMEN brother need to play as a team and play as one,
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Its not about supporting the team RB,,, it is all about supporting the team only to watch some of the guys not wanting to block, or hit the holes or for petesake make tackles... You know that the Devils have a great support group and fan base.. But we have also been around long enough to recognize when the team is flat..... If you guys play hard and loose that is acceptable..If you dont play hard and stay focused you will loose and make it look alot worse.. We as fans are watching you guys play your heart out for a game that we can not get to play anymore...Yea we are hasbeens..........but we were there once and would love to do it again...But that is why we get upset and say things because you guys need to realize at a young age,,,work hard and if you are going to play the game give it your best everytime...Because soon it will be you on the sidelines watching other kids younger than you on that field...And it will make you mad to see a kid not giving 100% out there and then you will remember this post.

Well said...congrats Devils.

To add to this we know the players play hard and want to win. But for some reason the emotion and the FUN seem to be gone.

Play hard but loosen up a little bit and have fun. If you play the game like it is a game instead of job the emotion and intensity will be there.

Last year some fans complained about Kasey dancing in pregame or talking on the field. I loved it. He played like a little kid having a blast at the game he loved. Same with Wills, except the dancing. That is what I would like to see. That kind of emotion and joy that comes from playing a game.

Also for the players. Don't read this crap on the message boards. Enjoy your season and do your best. That is all anyone can ask. We are behind you. Always have been and always will be.
FBALL Wrote:To add to this we know the players play hard and want to win. But for some reason the emotion and the FUN seem to be gone.

Play hard but loosen up a little bit and have fun. If you play the game like it is a game instead of job the emotion and intensity will be there.

Last year some fans complained about Kasey dancing in pregame or talking on the field. I loved it. He played like a little kid having a blast at the game he loved. Same with Wills, except the dancing. That is what I would like to see. That kind of emotion and joy that comes from playing a game.

Also for the players. Don't read this crap on the message boards. Enjoy your season and do your best. That is all anyone can ask. We are behind you. Always have been and always will be.

i think our emotion on defense was better friday..although we started off slow...but then they didnt get anything
RedDevilRB Wrote:i think our emotion on defense was better friday..although we started off slow...but then they didnt get anything
The defense was pretty good. East Carter I believe had 131 total yards in the game and did not score a TD on the starters. Take away that first drive (60 yards or so)and the last drive against the subs (60 yards or so) and ther rest of the game East had only 20 yards of offense.

I still think you guys need to loosen up and start having some fun. Break the huddle and hustle to the line. Celebrate each others good plays. Pump each other up and get the energy level going. The talent is there. Turn it loose.
FBALL Wrote:The defense was pretty good. East Carter I believe had 131 total yards in the game and did not score a TD on the starters. Take away that first drive (60 yards or so)and the last drive against the subs (60 yards or so) and ther rest of the game East had only 20 yards of offense.

I still think you guys need to loosen up and start having some fun. Break the huddle and hustle to the line. Celebrate each others good plays. Pump each other up and get the energy level going. The talent is there. Turn it loose.

sometimes its hard to get excited when your about to die haha Smile
RB you kill me. You are not a skinny child anymore..... pound on somebody and make them feel it. Make that defense player say those words when they look across the line and see you barreling down on them.
FBALL Wrote:The defense was pretty good. East Carter I believe had 131 total yards in the game and did not score a TD on the starters. Take away that first drive (60 yards or so)and the last drive against the subs (60 yards or so) and ther rest of the game East had only 20 yards of offense.

I agree w/ FBAll. Just have some fun and get excitied about the game. I don't see many high fives or stuff like that. I realize this 2007 team probably feels like they have a lot to live up to and expectations are extremely high. That probably has an effect on their ability to just enjoy the game. But I will say this They look good enough for me right now and I just hope they can continue to come out each week and stay focused on that Friday's opponent.

:devilflam :devilflam :devilflam
I think we need to quit worrying about how jacked are kids are for the East Carter game, it's tough to get pumped up for a team that hasnt beaten your school in who knows how long, and have only done it 1 time. They came out pumped for the ashland game, will probably do a little better for LC, and SK. But I doubt u see them really pumped until Mason Co. and Raceland. So Id quit worrying about how jacked they seem to be on the field, and more worrying about why our line keeps missing blocks on every other play
EkyLb Wrote:I think we need to quit worrying about how jacked are kids are for the East Carter game, it's tough to get pumped up for a team that hasnt beaten your school in who knows how long, and have only done it 1 time. They came out pumped for the ashland game, will probably do a little better for LC, and SK. But I doubt u see them really pumped until Mason Co. and Raceland. So Id quit worrying about how jacked they seem to be on the field, and more worrying about why our line keeps missing blocks on every other play

So you are saying that they should be able to switch it on and off at will? I think they need to be consistent with it. Get pumped up and make a statement with every game. Not just if the game "may" be a challenge.
Midee1 Wrote:So you are saying that they should be able to switch it on and off at will? I think they need to be consistent with it. Get pumped up and make a statement with every game. Not just if the game "may" be a challenge.
I have no dog in this fight (pun intended)Big Grin But you are correct IMO. I believe all teams should play with intensity and desire throughout every game all the way to the horn blows. If not and we as adults say its ok to slack in games that you know is pretty much a given then we are teaching them that it is ok to do that in life. Bad idea IMO.
EkyLb Wrote:I think we need to quit worrying about how jacked are kids are for the East Carter game, it's tough to get pumped up for a team that hasnt beaten your school in who knows how long, and have only done it 1 time. They came out pumped for the ashland game, will probably do a little better for LC, and SK. But I doubt u see them really pumped until Mason Co. and Raceland. So Id quit worrying about how jacked they seem to be on the field, and more worrying about why our line keeps missing blocks on every other play
I think the line has play has been very good. When you run a play and are outnumbered because of defenses shifting to the strong side its awfully tough to pick up everybody. The play calling has been very conservative, partly because it is working and the other because of injury IMO. With the defense the last couple of games knowing exactly where the play was going the line has done a VERY good job.

As far as worrying about being "jacked up", I don't care who it is you should come out to make a statement. I think this team plays a little tight. Its a game for God's sake. Have fun with it. Make it fun and the energy level will be there.
FBALL Wrote:I think the line has play has been very good. When you run a play and are outnumbered because of defenses shifting to the strong side its awfully tough to pick up everybody. The play calling has been very conservative, partly because it is working and the other because of injury IMO. With the defense the last couple of games knowing exactly where the play was going the line has done a VERY good job.

As far as worrying about being "jacked up", I don't care who it is you should come out to make a statement. I think this team plays a little tight. Its a game for God's sake. Have fun with it. Make it fun and the energy level will be there.

Unlike Crossbone, I have a dog in this fight and nothing makes me smile more than to not only see him make a good play but than to get up and let out a "whoop" after he does. Let's me know he's having fun out there.

I also agree that we do play a little tight and maybe it is because of past expectations and being afraid to fail. But like FBALL says it is "Just a Game" Have Fun while you can, and you can be sure the energy will be there.