Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 29 Boyd County 26
Batpuff Wrote:Well I know the score doesnt show it, but the Dawgs played good on D last night. They had a few problems when the QB was forced to scramble. They were finally hitting last night. Still need some work on wrapping up.

Amen!!! If I was a member of the coaching staff I would defintely have the boys working on fundamentals of how to tackle properly and to run through the tackle. Head placement is something that could be worked on as well. But these are just small things.

I made the comment to a buddy of mine at halftime that if LC wants to win they will run more of a 2-back set out of the gun. LC came out in he 2nd half going to that 2-back set ( great adjustment ) and started to run the ball and gaining 5-7 yards a play. This formation gives you the choice of either back getting the ball on the misdirection and will freeze LB's for anything in the flats and anything deep if no safeties are back.
It is week 5 in high school and if LC defense is needing to still wrap up on tackles then there is some problems. Is it technique or not knowing how to wrap up?

As for the 2-back set, to me this would be good for high school cause alot of kids overplay alot and this would freeze as you said LB and force safeties to stay up on the ball to LB if needed.
Well he is the thing you can run run run and run somemore, but you have to open it up. I think they will still throw down the field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Good win LC.I saw in the paper where Coach Goldsmith said he could go out and shop Saturday.Hey Keep your head up coach, you have earned the right to shop 7 days a week in Louisa.:igiveup:
Congrats Lawrence Co.
Congrats Lawrence County
congrats lc
Ashland daily said the Bulldogs went back to style of past lawrence teams with 3 backs in the backfield.Well they got their first win so look for alot more running and a whole lot less passing.I saw where the LC qb threw less than 10 passes.Running the ball more will open the passing game.By the time they play us "Ashland" they will probably really be tough!!
tomcatin Wrote:Ashland daily said the Bulldogs went back to style of past lawrence teams with 3 backs in the backfield.Well they got their first win so look for alot more running and a whole lot less passing.I saw where the LC qb threw less than 10 passes.Running the ball more will open the passing game.By the time they play us "Ashland" they will probably really be tough!!
Lawrence Co. doesn't play Ashland this season . But I sure wish we did and I will be pulling for the tomcats next week . Good luck boyd co will be tough but I think Ashland has the better coaching staff.
congrats bulldogs
First district game win for the Dawgs! It was much needed! These boys came out ready to play some true LC footballl & they sure showed the "Bulldawg Tradition". I couldnt be prouder of these boys! Every single person on the team had an awesome game! I am sure all of their heads are high, because they sure have something to be proud of right now!

Laney, Waller & Roberts had unbelievable participation in this game! I was on the edge of my seat from the very second of kick off!

Lets do it again Friday boys!!
Proud of my Dawgs!
Coach Preece at Louisa must read these posts. Joey Bevins, an old friend of Preece's said he done a bold thing against Boyd Co. by going back to the run first, pass second offense.
Good win for the Bulldogs. I want to see that program come back from the ashes. Keep the winning streak alive.