Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Red states roaring, blue states beset by high unemployment
For those who are interested in how cities near them are faring, below is a link to the original WalletHub study, which is based on statistics from Biden's own Bureau of Labor Statistics. WalletHub is a personal finance company, not a political organization. Still, if you look at the top of the list and then look at the bottom of the list, you cannot deny that cities in red states have bounced back more quickly than blue state cities. Hopefully, Democrat leaders have learned something from this experience. It is clear that the BGR Marxist-atheists have learned nothing.

Cities Whose Unemployment Rates Are Bouncing Back Most
The rich get richer - the rich being those Americans fortunate enough to live in a state with a Republican governor.

Quote:Red states leading US economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic

States with Republican governors are leading the U.S. economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, while those run by Democrats – which tended to impose lengthier and stricter lockdowns on businesses – are faced with significantly higher unemployment rates. 

Labor Department data published last week shows the 10 states with the lowest unemployment rates are all led by GOP governors – while the 10 states with the highest percentage of out-of-work Americans are run by Democratic governors. 

Blue states including Nevada (7.7%), New York (7.6%), New Mexico (7.6%), California (7.6%) and New Jersey (7.3%) had substantially higher unemployment rates than the national average of 5.4% in July, the data shows. By comparison, red states – such as Nebraska (2.3%), Utah (2.6%), New Hampshire (2.9%), South Dakota (2.9%) and Idaho (3%) – were well below the national average.

In fact, of the 20 states with the lowest unemployment rate, those led by Republican governors account for a vast majority: 16. Twenty-five of the 27 GOP-led states gained jobs in the last month, the data shows, while two of the states – Idaho and Utah – actually have more jobs than in February 2020, before the pandemic hit. 
Conversely, just 13 states led by Democrats have recovered at least two-thirds of the jobs lost during the pandemic. 
Overall, the average unemployment rate in red states is 4.3%, while the average jobless rate in blue states is 5.9%, above the national average.
The data comes less than one month before supplemental unemployment benefits – first established in March 2020 and renewed twice by Congress – are poised to expire on Sept. 6 under the $1.9 trillion relief plan that Democrats passed in March. Some 7.5 million workers are expected to lose their benefits, according to a recent [u]report[/u] published by the left-leaning Century Foundation.
I hope this is true. Red states can pay some bills they haven’t paid for years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • vector#1
(08-21-2021, 06:47 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I hope this is true.  Red states can pay some bills they haven’t paid for years.
Without all the Government spending on the red states they would go broke Texas might be the only that would make it. Red state have more poverty than the blue states we all know that just look around.
(08-21-2021, 07:30 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 06:47 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I hope this is true.  Red states can pay some bills they haven’t paid for years.
Without all the Government spending on the red states they would go broke Texas might be the only that would make it. Red state have more poverty than the blue states we all know that just look around.
Hooter is making one hell of a case to cut off Red States from the govt teat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • vector#1
(08-21-2021, 07:32 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 07:30 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
Hooter is making one hell of a case to cut off Red States from the govt teat.
It's coming
Americans are fleeing blue states with their high tax rates and oppressive laws and regulations to more business and worker-friendly red states. The average unemployment rate is much higher in blue states than it is in red states and the cost of living is much lower on average in red states. Democrats solution to every problem is to spend more money and raise tax rates to pay for more government programs, so there is no end in sight for the migration of people from blue states to red states.

The Biden administration has implemented policies that have resulted in higher gasoline prices, higher tax rates, and a higher inflation rate. The village idiots are whistling past the graveyard. Democrat policies are failing miserably and it will be left to Republican candidates in 2022 and 2024 to once again repair the damage done by liberals.

Jimmy Carter did tremendous damage to this country during his four years in office but Joe Biden has already surpassed Carter's record of failure.
(08-22-2021, 12:54 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Americans are fleeing blue states with their high tax rates and oppressive laws and regulations to more business and worker-friendly red states. The average unemployment rate is much higher in blue states than it is in red states and the cost of living is much lower on average in red states. Democrats solution to every problem is to spend more money and raise tax rates to pay for more government programs, so there is no end in sight for the migration of people from blue states to red states.

The Biden administration has implemented policies that have resulted in higher gasoline prices, higher tax rates, and a higher inflation rate. The village idiots are whistling past the graveyard. Democrat policies are failing miserably and it will be left to Republican candidates in 2022 and 2024 to once again repair the damage done by liberals.

Jimmy Carter did tremendous damage to this country during his four years in office but Joe Biden has already surpassed Carter's record of failure.
Quooter tell you one thing Florida has some high property tax rates so don't believe ever thing you hear about taxes every state has schools roads and bridges to build and take care of.
(08-22-2021, 02:07 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 12:54 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Americans are fleeing blue states with their high tax rates and oppressive laws and regulations to more business and worker-friendly red states. The average unemployment rate is much higher in blue states than it is in red states and the cost of living is much lower on average in red states. Democrats solution to every problem is to spend more money and raise tax rates to pay for more government programs, so there is no end in sight for the migration of people from blue states to red states.

Quooter tell you one thing Florida has some high property tax rates so don't believe ever thing you hear about taxes every state has schools roads and bridges to build and take care of.
Florida and Texas are gaining population at the expense of blue states. That fact is no accident and it is a fact that village idiots cannot refute.
(08-22-2021, 02:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Florida and Texas are gaining population at the expense of blue states. That fact is no accident and it is a fact that village idiots cannot refute.
Quooter didn't say FL and Texas wasn't gaining population need to get the Sh!t out of your in this case eyes. All i said was Florida property taxes are pretty high they have the same upkeep as most other states have.
(08-22-2021, 02:18 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

Quooter didn't say FL and Texas wasn't gaining population need to get the Sh!t out of your in this case eyes. All i said was Florida property taxes are pretty high they have the same upkeep as most other states have.
People are fleeing blue states for jobs and a lower cost of living. You are wasting your time denying that fact. Raising taxes in blue states, which is typically Democrats' response to declining tax revenues, will only accelerate the decline of their populations.
(08-22-2021, 02:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

People are fleeing blue states for jobs and a lower cost of living. You are wasting your time denying that fact. Raising taxes in blue states, which is typically Democrats' response to declining tax revenues, will only accelerate the decline of their populations.
Quooter i believe in Florida's case it's the weather more than anything that was my reason. I think that's why a lot of old people went their for the winter.
(08-22-2021, 02:45 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 02:07 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter tell you one thing Florida has some high property tax rates so don't believe ever thing you hear about taxes every state has schools roads and bridges to build and take care of.
Quooter i believe in Florida's case it's the weather more than anything that was my reason. I think that's why a lot of old people went their for the winter.
California has a great climate and great beaches and it is not gaining population at the expense of red states and it is certainly not a popular retirement destination. Do you have a theory to explain why a large blue state like Californian is losing so many people to states like Texas, Idaho, Utah, and Montana?
(08-22-2021, 03:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 02:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Florida and Texas are gaining population at the expense of blue states. That fact is no accident and it is a fact that village idiots cannot refute.
California has a great climate and great beaches and it is not gaining population at the expense of red states and it is certainly not a popular retireme nt destination. Do you have a theory to explain why a large blue state like Californian is losing so many people to states like Texas, Idaho, Utah, and Montana?
Quooter jobs could be a big factor I told you my reason
California lost 182.083 in 2020 first time losing people since 1900 in 2019 they had 39,510,000 so it's not as bad as you and the other right wing nuts think it is. But on the brighter side of things maybe enough will leave and turn Texas Blue. California makes up about 14.8% of the US economy that's a pretty big chunk NY adds 7.6% Texas 9.2 Florida 5.1, 7 states make up 47.7% of the economy. So basically they are not leaving like you think and the other 43 states are just going along for the ride especially the RED states. 14 of the Red States make up to less than 1% each you could call them welfare states.

• Chart: Which States are Contributing the Most to U.S. GDP? | Statista
(08-22-2021, 06:21 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 02:18 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter didn't say FL and Texas wasn't gaining population need to get the Sh!t out of your in this case eyes. All i said was Florida property taxes are pretty high they have the same upkeep as most other states have.
California has a great climate and great beaches and it is not gaining population at the expense of red states and it is certainly not a popular retireme nt destination. Do you have a theory to explain why a large blue state like Californian is losing so many people to states like Texas, Idaho, Utah, and Montana?
California lost 182.083 in 2020 first time losing people since 1900 in 2019 they had 39,510,000 so it's not as bad as you and the other right wing nuts think it is. But on the brighter side of things maybe enough will leave and turn Texas Blue. California makes up about 14.8% of the US economy that's a pretty big chunk NY adds 7.6% Texas 9.2 Florida 5.1, 7 states make up 47.7% of the economy. So basically they are not leaving like you think and the other 43 states are just going along for the ride especially the RED states. 14 of the Red States make up to less than 1% each you could call them welfare states.

This thread is not about which states are contributing the most to U.S. GDP. Population is the biggest factor in determining a state's GDP contribution, along with the number of large corporations with headquarters in each state. Half of California would have to fall into the ocean for it to lose its lead in GDP contribution but California is the most populous state in this country by a wide margin.

But this thread is about how well states are recovering from the pandemic - and there is absolutely no doubt that red states are faring better on that count than blue states - far better. People and investment are flowing from red states to blue states. You can keep posting irrelevant information about the past but the trends are very clear in showing which political party's policies during the pandemic have been the most effective. The states with the most COVID-19 deaths are blue states and the states that are seeing the largest net exodus of taxpayers are also blue.
(08-22-2021, 06:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 02:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: People are fleeing blue states for jobs and a lower cost of living. You are wasting your time denying that fact. Raising taxes in blue states, which is typically Democrats' response to declining tax revenues, will only accelerate the decline of their populations.

This thread is not about which states are contributing the most to U.S. GDP. Population is the biggest factor in determining a state's GDP contribution, along with the number of large corporations with headquarters in each state. Half of California would have to fall into the ocean for it to lose its lead in GDP contribution but California is the most populous state in this country by a wide margin.

But this thread is about how well states are recovering from the pandemic - and there is absolutely no doubt that red states are faring better on that count than blue states - far better. People and investment are flowing from red states to blue states. You can keep posting irrelevant information about the past but the trends are very clear in showing which political party's policies during the pandemic have been the most effective. The states with the most COVID-19 deaths are blue states and the states that are seeing the largest net exodus of taxpayers are also blue.
Quooter you good
(08-22-2021, 07:44 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 02:45 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter i believe in Florida's case it's the weather more than anything that was my reason. I think that's why a lot of old people went their for the winter.

Quooter you good
Thanks, vector. I think I will frame this post.  Smile
^^^

I think he needed a question mark at the end.

Hooter, you've mixed an amalgamation of effects together and tried to blame it on blue state politics. You know that's disingenuous and dishonest.

The population migration that happened during the Trump flu had a lot to do with the ability to be remote workers.

Blue states experienced the brunt of the initial wave of Covid because they have the population centers. They have to be more cautious than red states because they will be back in the same boat as they were in 2020 or worse.

Companies are moving for tax purposes, BUT they are the ones that helped drive the taxes up. See Austin, Texas if you want to watch a red state city explode into a silicon valley type area.

Sadly, we are still in a war against the Trump Flu and the righties like you are keeping score in the first quarter. Try not to dump the Gatorade yet Hooter. Blue states will be back. I just hope the red states including our own can keep it up. Imagine the growth of this nation if Red States can keep their hands out of the cookie jar.
^Notice how the biggest liar in BGR history calls somebody else a liar in almost every post he makes? He is trying to employ the "everybody does it" defense but the truth is nobody else deliberately lies in most of their posts.
(08-23-2021, 12:50 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^Notice how the biggest liar in BGR history calls somebody else a liar in almost every post he makes? He is trying to employ the "everybody does it" defense but the truth is nobody else deliberately lies in most of their posts.
Big Grin  I know you are but what am I?
(08-23-2021, 02:01 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 12:50 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^Notice how the biggest liar in BGR history calls somebody else a liar in almost every post he makes? He is trying to employ the "everybody does it" defense but the truth is nobody else deliberately lies in most of their posts.
You certainly do know that you are a liar and so does everybody else. Has Rand Paul convinced the AMA to issue him a medical license yet? Your laughing icon is not enough to distract attention away from your ever-increasing mountain of total fabrications.
(08-23-2021, 03:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 02:01 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
You certainly do know that you are a liar and so does everybody else. Has Rand Paul convinced the AMA to issue him a medical license yet? Your laughing icon is not enough to distract attention away from your ever-increasing mountain of total fabrications.
Has Trump and Biden not released their troop numbers yet?  
We both can play the game of missteps.  

Technically, Rand Paul isn't board certified.  The good doctor couldn't get nationally certified because he was a fraud.  I actually appreciate you pointing out my error.  You forced me to find more disgusting facts about one of your heroes.
(08-22-2021, 08:03 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 03:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: California has a great climate and great beaches and it is not gaining population at the expense of red states and it is certainly not a popular retireme nt destination. Do you have a theory to explain why a large blue state like Californian is losing so many people to states like Texas, Idaho, Utah, and Montana?

Quooter you good
Quooter I was being sarcastic for all the Bullsh!t you can throw out and your welcome.
(08-23-2021, 04:11 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 08:03 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 06:21 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter jobs could be a big factor I told you my reason

Quooter you good
Quooter I was being sarcastic for all the Bullsh!t you can throw out and your welcome.
Well, I guess I will take the post off of my wall if that is how you feel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • vector#1
Yet another disappointing jobs report for the Biden administration. He inherited an economy that was primed for a robust recovery, which he has managed to screw up in the past 7 months. The question is, how long will it take for Biden's economic policies drive the economy into recession? Will the rate of inflation hit 10 percent before the economy dips into a recession? Democrats will remove this doofus from office if they want to hang onto any political power over the next three years. Pedo Joe is destroying his fellow Democrats' election prospects.

Jobs report disappoints — only 235,000 positions added vs. expectations of 720,000
(09-03-2021, 12:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Yet another disappointing jobs report for the Biden administration. He inherited an economy that was primed for a robust recovery, which he has managed to screw up in the past 7 months. The question is, how long will it take for Biden's economic policies drive the economy into recession? Will the rate of inflation hit 10 percent before the economy dips into a recession? Democrats will remove this doofus from office if they want to hang onto any political power over the next three years. Pedo Joe is destroying his fellow Democrats' election prospects.

Jobs report disappoints — only 235,000 positions added vs. expectations of 720,000
Quooter President Biden's first 7 months 4,454,000 jobs added. Now what was Trump's after 48 months care to add ?

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES00000...w=net_1mth
(09-03-2021, 12:22 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 12:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Yet another disappointing jobs report for the Biden administration. He inherited an economy that was primed for a robust recovery, which he has managed to screw up in the past 7 months. The question is, how long will it take for Biden's economic policies drive the economy into recession? Will the rate of inflation hit 10 percent before the economy dips into a recession? Democrats will remove this doofus from office if they want to hang onto any political power over the next three years. Pedo Joe is destroying his fellow Democrats' election prospects.

Quooter President Biden's first 7 months 4,454,000 jobs added. Now what was Trump's after 48 months care to add ?

What part of "disappoints" do you not understand? Even a person with mental deficiencies should be able to understand that when a president inherits an economy in a deep recession, the expectations for a robust recovery are high, no matter who takes office. Biden's economy has fallen short of expert expectations almost every month since he took office. Your attempts to compare Trump's economic performance without regard to the pandemic are pathetic. It is dishonest, you know that it is dishonest, and you continue to do it. All you are doing is reinforcing your online image as a person of low moral character. It is truly pathetic.
Quooter let's take Trump's first 37 months jobs added 6,911,000 all President Biden needs for the next 30 months is 2,457,000 jobs added.
Quooter Obama's last 37 months he added 8,239,000 jobs
Quooter here are the numbers check for your self i

[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(09-03-2021, 12:31 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter let's take Trump's first 37 months jobs added 6,911,000 all President Biden needs for the next 30 months is 2,457,000 jobs added.

I don't need to check the BLS numbers. I understand how our economy works. As the economy reaches full employment, it becomes impossible to add large numbers of jobs because that is what determines full employment. So, the president with the best jobs growth will always be somebody who inherited an economy with a large unemployment rate who presides over the recovery from a deep recession or depression.

The pandemic resulted in a deep recession. The pandemic was not caused by Donald Trump and it was global in scope. Expectations were high that the economy would quickly recover as the pandemic waned. Job growth under Biden has been disappointing according to economic experts. That fact is indisputable.

Your efforts to compare Trump's job numbers, including the impact of a global pandemic, the Biden's job numbers is dishonest. I know that you will continue to do it because truth does not matter to you and the other Twin Tick.
(09-03-2021, 12:50 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 12:31 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter let's take Trump's first 37 months jobs added 6,911,000 all President Biden needs for the next 30 months is 2,457,000 jobs added.

I don't need to check the BLS numbers. I understand how our economy works. As the economy reaches full employment, it becomes impossible to add large numbers of jobs because that is what determines full employment. So, the president with the best jobs growth will always be somebody who inherited an economy with a large unemployment rate who presides over the recovery from a deep recession or depression.

The pandemic resulted in a deep recession. The pandemic was not caused by Donald Trump and it was global in scope. Expectations were high that the economy would quickly recover as the pandemic waned. Job growth under Biden has been disappointing according to economic experts. That fact is indisputable.

Your efforts to compare Trump's job numbers, including the impact of a global pandemic, the Biden's job numbers is dishonest. I know that you will continue to do it because truth does not matter to you and the other Twin Tick.
Quooter I did NOT add the jobs after Feb. 2020 just Trump's first 37 months. You can spin it any way you want but the real numbers don't lie unlike you. The way the numbers average President Biden will pass Trump within the next 4 months if he averages what he has done the last 7 months. Quooter so in 11 months President Biden will pass what it took Trump 37 months.
Quooter here is the link again if you want to check the math but I am highly confident they are correct.

Quooter once again Trump didn't cause the pandemic it's how he handled it