Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Red states roaring, blue states beset by high unemployment
(08-22-2021, 07:44 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 06:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 06:21 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 03:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 02:45 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Quooter i believe in Florida's case it's the weather more than anything that was my reason. I think that's why a lot of old people went their for the winter.
California has a great climate and great beaches and it is not gaining population at the expense of red states and it is certainly not a popular retireme nt destination. Do you have a theory to explain why a large blue state like Californian is losing so many people to states like Texas, Idaho, Utah, and Montana?
Quooter jobs could be a big factor I told you my reason
California lost 182.083 in 2020 first time losing people since 1900 in 2019 they had 39,510,000 so it's not as bad as you and the other right wing nuts think it is. But on the brighter side of things maybe enough will leave and turn Texas Blue. California makes up about 14.8% of the US economy that's a pretty big chunk NY adds 7.6% Texas 9.2 Florida 5.1, 7 states make up 47.7% of the economy. So basically they are not leaving like you think and the other 43 states are just going along for the ride especially the RED states. 14 of the Red States make up to less than 1% each you could call them welfare states.

• Chart: Which States are Contributing the Most to U.S. GDP? | Statista
This thread is not about which states are contributing the most to U.S. GDP. Population is the biggest factor in determining a state's GDP contribution, along with the number of large corporations with headquarters in each state. Half of California would have to fall into the ocean for it to lose its lead in GDP contribution but California is the most populous state in this country by a wide margin.

But this thread is about how well states are recovering from the pandemic - and there is absolutely no doubt that red states are faring better on that count than blue states - far better. People and investment are flowing from red states to blue states. You can keep posting irrelevant information about the past but the trends are very clear in showing which political party's policies during the pandemic have been the most effective. The states with the most COVID-19 deaths are blue states and the states that are seeing the largest net exodus of taxpayers are also blue.
Quooter you good
Thanks, vector. I think I will frame this post.  Smile
Messages In This Thread
RE: Red states roaring, blue states beset by high unemployment - by Hoot Gibson - 08-22-2021, 08:03 PM