Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodford Co. 43 Johnson Central 22
JC takes one on the chin tonight from a much improved Woodford Co. team. Thoughts? It looks like Grim took some big licks tonight and could've slowed him down. They had a chaser on him all night, the offensive line broke down several times and allowed 6 sacks on the night. JC had 4 turnovers in the game. JC has next week off before the Apple Bowl against Paintsville.
Can't say that this surprised me. I feel for Paintsville in a couple of weeks.
Johnson Central's line just couldn't do anything. Woodford's offensive line give Duckworth all time to pass the ball, and they just picked the Johnson Central's defense apart. Johnson Central had about 4 turnovers in the first half. Grimm couldn't do anything. At some point in the fourth quarter he had 12 carries for 48 yards (Don't know what he ended up with). Ratliff was picked off about three times, do to him throwing the ball up for grabs. Another problem for Johnson Central is that they had a corner on #7 from Woodford, and the corner was only about 5'8. Every time they threw it to #7, he either out ran him or just jumped over him. Only person on JC's team that looked like they where there to play was Nathaniel Dials. He is a good athlete, and I was really impressed with him. Congrats Yellow Jackets!
Wish Dials was still at LC.
Personally, I was surprised by this score.
me too
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
You guys serious. Really didn't surprise me at all.
You aren't joking. Ian Welch was the offensive player of the game, 4 catches for 100+ yards. Grim was a little banged up according to Spike and the guys so that may have limited him or all the pressure Woodford was putting on the JC O-line gave him time for nothing to develop. The way it sounded was as soon as he got the handoff he was immediately hit by 3 Yellowjackets. Woodford Co. came in the a game plan and executed it. I look for future opponents to watch this tape and see what WC done to have so much success. JC's passing defense has been suspect all season long and that is really what hurt them tonight.
CatDawg Wrote:You guys serious. Really didn't surprise me at all.

Dead serious. After JC moved up to 5A all I knew was that they were in the district with Bryan Station, Ashland and I am assuming Wofford Co???? Also that they have to go through Cov Cath and Highlands to get to the carpet. Thats about it.
I think I said last year that they had better enjoy whilee they could. It does surprise me that Ashland is this dead in the district but thats about all.

I was real surprised. I figured Johnson would win because of the way they man handled Bryan Station, and Woodford only beat Bryan Station by a few. But one of the Woodford lady's said that Bryan Stations good players were ineligible against Johnson Central, and were eligible for the Woodford game. So I really learned my lesson, and thats not to predict a game by how they defeated there opponets.
Blackcat Student I heard the same about the players last week.
CatDawg Wrote:I think I said last year that they had better enjoy whilee they could. It does surprise me that Ashland is this dead in the district but thats about all.

I was talkin with some friends and family who are Ashland fans and they said things arent going to be much better next year for Ashland as well. I disagree, Ashland is Ashland will always put a good team on the field.

I'm not trying to be smart, but have you seen Woodford Co. play this season to make a prediction like that? I saw them in week 1 and then watched JC in week 2 as well as watching a tape from their game at Bryan Station and I honestly thought JC would have their way with them. I know you really can't put a lot into how teams do against the same team because of different match-ups and uncontrollable factors such as injuries, but from looking at their one common opponent(Bryan Station) most would have thought JC would win convincingly. I for one did and so did about 70 people on Bluegrasspreps.com and about 40 more on here. I'm pretty shocked by the margin of defeat, especially with the game being at home.
blackcat_student Wrote:So I really learned my lesson, and thats not to predict a game by how they defeated there opponets.

You and I both.
That was the quietest I've ever seen the "eagles nest."
Actually I've seen less HS football this year than probably any of my previous _ _ years but I've always had a good feel when looking at games and this one by NO MEANS surprised me. If I was still a betting man I would have placed the house on it thats how good I felt. Maybe a fluke or maybe I just saw through some stuff. I do have alot of contacts through work that know alot about Central & Western Ky football so maybe that had something to do with it. But without being a JERK once again no surprise here.
CatDawg Wrote:Actually I've seen less HS football this year than probably any of my previous _ _ years but I've always had a good feel when looking at games and this one by NO MEANS surprised me. If I was still a betting man I would have placed the house on it thats how good I felt. Maybe a fluke or maybe I just saw through some stuff. I do have alot of contacts through work that know alot about Central & Western Ky football so maybe that had something to do with it. But without being a JERK once again no surprise here.

You not being a jerk??? Pleeeeassssseeeee!!! J/K Love ya buddy!
Congrats to Woodford Co., they played a heck of a game and dominated this one from the opening kickoff. JC didn't have a answer for WC's quickness. Keep your heads up Eagles and get ready for the next game against Paintsville.
GRIZZ Wrote:You aren't joking. Ian Welch was the offensive player of the game, 4 catches for 100+ yards. Grim was a little banged up according to Spike and the guys so that may have limited him or all the pressure Woodford was putting on the JC O-line gave him time for nothing to develop. The way it sounded was as soon as he got the handoff he was immediately hit by 3 Yellowjackets. Woodford Co. came in the a game plan and executed it. I look for future opponents to watch this tape and see what WC done to have so much success. JC's passing defense has been suspect all season long and that is really what hurt them tonight.

Welch played very well, but I thought that Nathan Dillon was very impressive tonight as well. I was told that Grimm did not practice at all this week and most thought that he would not even play. Grimm did play but he did not line up for any kick returns or did he punt .
Keep your heads up JC. Everyone looses one every now and then.
CatDawg Wrote:Actually I've seen less HS football this year than probably any of my previous _ _ years but I've always had a good feel when looking at games and this one by NO MEANS surprised me. If I was still a betting man I would have placed the house on it thats how good I felt. Maybe a fluke or maybe I just saw through some stuff. I do have alot of contacts through work that know alot about Central & Western Ky football so maybe that had something to do with it. But without being a JERK once again no surprise here.

No you wasn't being a jerk, I was just curious. I live down in central KY and get the chance to watch a lot of teams play in between Louisville and Lexington. You hear a lot about a bunch of schools but hardly ever anything about Woodford Co. I guess that is just an advantage to them and leading up to the game on Friday is always the calm before storm, or something like thatSmile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Welch played very well, but I thought that Nathan Dillon was very impressive tonight as well. I was told that Grimm did not practice at all this week and most thought that he would not even play. Grimm did play but he did not line up for any kick returns or did he punt .

Dillion did sound like a man on a mission tonight. He scored JC's first two TD's and converted a 2pt. conversion. I believe he had 15 carries for 140 some yards give or take. He is going to be a very solid running back for JC over the next 3 seasons.
I'm still not totally sold on Woodford County just really expected them to be better than Johnson Central.
like i said in the forum drurin the week....stop #7 and put pressure on their QB and you will win...we playd them in a passion tournament and personally i would drather give someone like #& a 20 yard cushion and give up an 8 yard curl than get beat on the deep route....IMO
I was actually kind of suprised watching this game, it didn't look like the JC team I expected. Woodford Co. dominated both sides of the ball, and on the sidelines.
jus really couldnt believe the amount of speed Woodford had, ALL OVER the field.
plus jus dominating both sides of the line as well. Real nice job by them tonite.
never would have thought this but Congrats Wolf
Not looking forward to the woodford game for the tomcats!!
easternkysportsguru Wrote:I was talkin with some friends and family who are Ashland fans and they said things arent going to be much better next year for Ashland as well. I disagree,

Ashland is Ashland will always put a good team on the field.

Have you noticed this years version of Tomcat Footbal? they are Ashland but they are not any goodCool