Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery Co. 30 Ashland 28 FINAL OT
OMG Tomcats still winless.
First time since 1979 that Ashland has started the season 0-5.
I knew it had been awhile but didn't realize it had been that long.
Hard to believe that Ashland is 0-5.
I really feel for the Tomcats. Prestonsburg had a season like this a few years ago, and they thing that has turned us around was that no one lost there faith. Just keep your heads up Tomcats! Congrats Montgomery!
I do feel for the kids but not for DIcky and all the trash talkers from up north.
CatDawg Wrote:I do feel for the kids but not for DIcky and all the trash talkers from up north.
I am right there with you CatDawg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
blackcat_student Wrote:I really feel for the Tomcats. Prestonsburg had a season like this a few years ago, and they thing that has turned us around was that no one lost there faith. Just keep your heads up Tomcats! Congrats Montgomery!

The sad part is the fan base is already giving up hope from what I saw at the Ashland/Russell game last week

CatDawg Wrote:I do feel for the kids but not for DIcky and all the trash talkers from up north.

Dickie is a homer in every sense of the word. He is a great play by play man if he could just keep some of his opinions to himself.
For some reason you can hear a pin drop in Ashland this year.
Midee1 Wrote:The sad part is the fan base is already giving up hope from what I saw at the Ashland/Russell game last week

Dickie is a homer in every sense of the word. He is a great play by play man if he could just keep some of his opinions to himself.

Exactly
Still hard to believe Ashland is 0-5..Congrats Montgomery Co..
As strange as it sounds Ashland is not a bad 0-5 team. They are starting to figure out what works for them. Any team that takes them lightly is making a mistake.
On a bright note we looked a little better tonight, but still couldn't pull out the win. Our defense played solid in the first half, but still offensively we couldn't get anything going until the second half. If I'm correct, I believe we are yet to score in the first half of a game this year. Montgomery County scored first on a fake punt and missed the PAT, and scored again on the first drive in the second half and went for 2 to make it 14-0. Montgomery County then tried to trick Ashland with an onside kick but Ryan Bonner recovered it, which gave us good field position. After a couple of plays, Ashland scored on a 38 yard option pass from Matt Thomas to Adam Johnson to make it 14-7. However, Montgomery County game back and drove right down the field again to get another score. They decided to go for two again and got it on a quarterback sweep, making the score 22-7. Before Ashland's offense could take the field again, Matt Thomas returned the kickoff for a touchdown to make the score 22-14 and get us back in the game. Montgomery County went three and out on their next drive and punted, and Ashland moved Matt Thomas from quarterback to tailback. He got a couple of good runs off into Montgomery County territory, but fumbled the ball and Montgomery County recovered it. Montgomery went three and out again, and punted out of a shotgun formation, giving Ashland the ball at about the 50 yard line. On the first play Matt Thomas made a long run to get down to Montgomery's three yard line. Three plays later, on 4th and two, Ashland sophomore quarterback Drew Royalty ran in on the option. Ashland had to go for two, and ran a pass play. Drew Royalty had no one to throw to, but had an open lane to get in the end zone for 2 to tie the game up at 22 with about 1:30 left in the game. On the ensuing kickoff, Ashland kicked the ball out of bounds and got a penalty, and Montgomery had the ball on their own 35. Montgomery County drove down into Ashland territory to about the 45 with about 50 seconds to play, where it was 2nd and 2. The QB fumbled the snap in the shotgun but recovered it on the next play to make it 3rd and 8, and on the next play he was sacked to make it 4th and long, so they punted (again out of the shotgun). Matt Thomas fumbled the ball, and Montgomery County recovered it, with 22 seconds to go, deep into Ashland territory. They ran the ball once and gained some yards, and then completed a pass down to Ashland's 1 yard line, but time ran out before they could do anything else, so the game went into OT where Montgomery county got a quick score on their first play, a QB sweep. Montgomery went for two and scored. Ashland got the ball and scored on 3rd down on a pass from Drew Royalty to Matt Thoams. For the two point conversion they moved Matt Thomas back to quarterback and ran a pass play on the final play. Having no one to throw to, Matt scooted for the corner of the end zone, and came very close to crossing the goal line (Might have even crossed it) but fumbled in the end, making the final score 30-28 Montgomery County.

Montgomery County looked very solid, especially that quarterback. He's a very good athlete and has a nice arm. Whoever that #73 kid is, he is a beast. He played left backle for them on offense and also played defensive tackle. He even ran the ball a couple of times (getting nice gains and even a touchdown one one of the runs). The defense for Montgomery looks solid, especially getting to the outside, they're very quick.

As for Ashland, we made a nice comeback tonight in the 4th quarter, but it wasn't enough. We have to start stepping it up early in the game, and I also think we would play better with Matt Thomas playing more at tailback. But all in all, we played solid second half, but until we play solid for a full game we're not going to win any ball games. Congrats to Montgomery County on the win, and good luck to you all on the rest of the season. Now on to Boyd...
I really hate that for Ashland and there kids, I for one have a Causion that plays for Ashland and I feel sorry for him, and the rest of the Tomcats and stuff but For Dicky he is a great play by play guy but he needs to quit teh rest of his stuff to him slef,

Congreats MC

And Keep your head heald high cats you will get there,,and don't ever lose faith caus eyou all are a great bunch of young man,
Man what a nail biter!!! I thought we were finally gonna get a win!! I fell for those guys its a rough thing to go through and still have the spirit to work hard. I felt like Drew Royalty really stepped it up at qb tonight and they need to keep him there! I think coach hart made several bad play calls throughout the game! I'm not trying to make an excuse we lost fair and square i just wish they're would've been a referee on the visitor sideline for the last play b/c there def. should have been with the situation at hand, poor decision by the refs!! But we once again showed improvements, Ashland gets their first win next week at Boyd(ihope)!
Anyone hear anything on Rishard Carter's Injury??
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Anyone hear anything on Rishard Carter's Injury??

He has an ankle sprain.
The good people of ashland will be right there with our Tomcats.Most of the posts that are negative I would guess are from the younger fans not the older ones.
tomcatin Wrote:The good people of ashland will be right there with our Tomcats.Most of the posts that are negative I would guess are from the younger fans not the older ones.

It's not the negative posts that concerns me. What concerns me is the lack of fans that are following the cats right now. I can't speak for every game but the Russell/Ashland game had a very poor showing from the Tomcat faithful. The fans need to stick with the team through both the good and the bad.
I know the fans likes to win every game and especially against the local rivals, but the most important part of the season is the district games. Woodford Co. has just about nailed down the no. 1 seed but the other 3 seeds are still up for grabs JC and Montgomery Co. are 1-1, Ashland is 0-1 and Bryan Station is 0-2, at this point in the season you just have to make your teams goal to make the playoffs and hopefully with a home game.
I agree Woodford prob does have that number 1 seed lock all thy got to do is beat ashland they already tooken down the other two powerhouses montgomery and JC. They also beat a rival of there bryanstation. I see JC beaten MC and JC locking up that number 2 spot. Montgomery should be number 3. But tell me witch one Bryan station or Ashland for the last spot in the playoffs. Neither team has won a districk game i dnt think and both team seem to have some trobel.
I haven't gotten to see Station play unfortunately, but from what I've heard, it should be a good close game by the times. Ashland is getting better week by week, but just too young right now to get over the hump and get the Ws. We've played the 2 best teams on our schedule the closest over the past 2 weeks. Also, the team needs to get an identity with either Thomas or Royalty at QB and quite flip flopping around, preferably the Sophmore Royalty.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
I personally choose station. Woodford has played station and thy gave us a close game. they have a hudge reviver that very fast very big, very strong and very athletic. Woodford had a hard time covering this kid. From what i hear about ashland, i doun't see them coming up with an answer for this kid. So i say station will take this one but in a fight from first kickoff to the last play.
Woodford_Vtown Wrote:I personally choose station. Woodford has played station and thy gave us a close game. they have a hudge reviver that very fast very big, very strong and very athletic. Woodford had a hard time covering this kid. From what i hear about ashland, i doun't see them coming up with an answer for this kid. So i say station will take this one but in a fight from first kickoff to the last play.

If they only have one receiver like that, Ashland will be able to contain him. Matt Thomas of Ashland gets most of his message board recognition as a RB, but he's a projected CB in college. I haven't heard the names of the schools, but I have heard he's been contacted by some small D1 schools to play CB.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]