Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jobs Report Good or Bad ?
(08-06-2021, 05:35 PM)ronald reagan Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 02:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote: When Obama left the unemployment rate was 4.7% when he took office it was 7.8%.
Now no I did not get on here every month when Trump was in office I worked pretty well worked 6 days a week I retired last August. So now I have a lot of free time on my hand Trump did have a 2nd half GDP of 19% per quarter. But if you average his 4 year GDP it's pretty bad it's .95% As far as Biden's economy he has inherited a pretty good situation as good as Trump NO. The virus is still with us it's not going no where unless you get all the people vaccinated. But his rescue plan is helping no denying that.
Don't know much about the fed but that they have interest too low.

The 2nd quarter of FY 2020 the economy contracted 33% due to Covid shutdowns. So its wholly unfair to count numbers like that in your 4 year average. At least, I personally would never use them to make my case.

My point is that, Biden inherited a rapidly growing economy with extremely favorable conditions. If there's any economy that you want to inherit for the purposes of boosting job creation numbers and pointing to GDP growth as a sign of success, then its his. Jimmy Carter would have 5+% growth and a few million jobs created by now haha.

If you remove the covid shutdown and the 33% retraction, his economic growth record was about 2.6% in his first 3 years. Which was about 40% faster than Obama's growth record.

The main takeaway here is that Biden signed the rescue plan, but hasn't done anything else. The vast majority of the Covid money hasn't even been spent yet. Which is where a great deal of the money for infrastructure is coming from. Hundreds of billions are sitting in the hands of the states, which is why they have masssive surpluses nationwide at the moment. In fact, California has 77 billion as a surplus at this very second.

So its entirely insane to suggest that Biden is the cause of the jobs and growth numbers coming out.

I'm not sure what you get from most other people on this site, but you have my word... I'll always give credit to where credit is due. I'll always offer fair analysis regardless of the personality it comes from.

I don't have any problems with Biden personally. He seems like a decent guy. I'd never in a million years vote for the guy though. We are light years apart on policy.

I'll give him a fair assessment around the 2 year mark.. when his policies are fully in gear. Right now, there's literally nothing that has his fingerprints on it in terms of assessing.
Trump's 3 year GDP average was 2.5%
Obama's last 3 years was 2.23% 

[/url][url=https://www.yahoo.com/now/gdp-growth-under-trump-compares-121008953.html]How GDP Growth Under Trump Compares To Clinton, Obama And Other Presidents (yahoo.com)
(08-06-2021, 06:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 05:35 PM)ronald reagan Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 02:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote: When Obama left the unemployment rate was 4.7% when he took office it was 7.8%.
Now no I did not get on here every month when Trump was in office I worked pretty well worked 6 days a week I retired last August. So now I have a lot of free time on my hand Trump did have a 2nd half GDP of 19% per quarter. But if you average his 4 year GDP it's pretty bad it's .95% As far as Biden's economy he has inherited a pretty good situation as good as Trump NO. The virus is still with us it's not going no where unless you get all the people vaccinated. But his rescue plan is helping no denying that.
Don't know much about the fed but that they have interest too low.

The 2nd quarter of FY 2020 the economy contracted 33% due to Covid shutdowns. So its wholly unfair to count numbers like that in your 4 year average. At least, I personally would never use them to make my case.

My point is that, Biden inherited a rapidly growing economy with extremely favorable conditions. If there's any economy that you want to inherit for the purposes of boosting job creation numbers and pointing to GDP growth as a sign of success, then its his. Jimmy Carter would have 5+% growth and a few million jobs created by now haha.

If you remove the covid shutdown and the 33% retraction, his economic growth record was about 2.6% in his first 3 years. Which was about 40% faster than Obama's growth record.

The main takeaway here is that Biden signed the rescue plan, but hasn't done anything else. The vast majority of the Covid money hasn't even been spent yet. Which is where a great deal of the money for infrastructure is coming from. Hundreds of billions are sitting in the hands of the states, which is why they have masssive surpluses nationwide at the moment. In fact, California has 77 billion as a surplus at this very second.

So its entirely insane to suggest that Biden is the cause of the jobs and growth numbers coming out.

I'm not sure what you get from most other people on this site, but you have my word... I'll always give credit to where credit is due. I'll always offer fair analysis regardless of the personality it comes from.

I don't have any problems with Biden personally. He seems like a decent guy. I'd never in a million years vote for the guy though. We are light years apart on policy.

I'll give him a fair assessment around the 2 year mark.. when his policies are fully in gear. Right now, there's literally nothing that has his fingerprints on it in terms of assessing.
Trump's 3 year GDP average was 2.5%
Obama's last 3 years was 2.23% 

[/url][url=https://www.yahoo.com/now/gdp-growth-under-trump-compares-121008953.html]How GDP Growth Under Trump Compares To Clinton, Obama And Other Presidents (yahoo.com)

Which is essentially what I said. I was wrong about the 40% though. I apologize I meant to type 20%. To be perfectly clear --  it was really 18.2% faster growth. But whats your point??

If you really want to talk numbers, we can.
GDP growth was 18.2% faster on trump. (2.2% vs 2.6%)
Unemployment was 34.3% higher under Obama. (4.7% vs 3.5%)
Stock Markets were over 57% higher under Trump than Obama (19,700 vs 30,930)
S&P 500, same story. >54% higher. (2200 vs 3400)
Combat Operations - Obama: Libya, Somalia, Pakistan, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan -- and that was just in 2016 alone. Trump: Not so much.
Black unemployment was 39% higher under Obama. (7.5% vs 5.4%).
Middle Class Income, $3000 higher under Trump in real dollars. (60k vs 63k)
Food Stamps -- 9 million less on them under Trump. (44 million vs 35 million)
Average Home Value and Equity -- $60,000 higher under Trump. ($243k vs 304k)
Hourly wages -- Growing at 40% faster under trump (3.5 vs 2.5%)

And the list goes on and on. 

But what does any of this prove? Not a lot. I can find stats all day long to back up a point.. but unless you're willing to believe it, its pointless. And obviously, you're not willing to believe it. Tell me if you need sources to fact check me. But just an FYI, i don't ever knowingly lie.
If President Biden keeps these jobs numbers in 48 months he will have added 27,768,000 jobs not bad
In his first 6 months he has added 3,471,000 jobs again not bad
(08-07-2021, 11:42 AM)vector#1 Wrote: If President Biden keeps these jobs numbers in 48 months he will have added 27,768,000 jobs not bad
You obviously do not follow current events very closely, so you may not be aware that the Biden administration is already trying to lower expectations because of the delta variant. Any dumbass should be able to grasp the fact that when an economy crashes because of a pandemic, then a strong recovery can be predicted as the pandemic fades away.

Democrats failed method of managing the pandemic is to close businesses, punish landlords by imposing eviction moratoriums, punish school children by closing schools, and imposing ineffective mask mandates. If there is another wave of the pandemic is just beginning, then Biden will not be able to deal with it as well as Trump did. Why? Because Biden will try to take the failed policies of governors like Andrew Cuomo and impose them nationally.

Your 48-month projection of Biden's future economic success is hilarious.  Your projection of jobs that will be added during Biden's term would result in more people being employed than are in the workforce. That would require people like the Welfare King to "unretire" and rejoin the workforce. That is not going to happen.
(08-07-2021, 01:32 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-07-2021, 11:42 AM)vector#1 Wrote: If President Biden keeps these jobs numbers in 48 months he will have added 27,768,000 jobs not bad
You obviously do not follow current events very closely, so you may not be aware that the Biden administration is already trying to lower expectations because of the delta variant. Any dumbass should be able to grasp the fact that when an economy crashes because of a pandemic, then a strong recovery can be predicted as the pandemic fades away.

Democrats failed method of managing the pandemic is to close businesses, punish landlords by imposing eviction moratoriums, punish school children by closing schools, and imposing ineffective mask mandates. If there is another wave of the pandemic is just beginning, then Biden will not be able to deal with it as well as Trump did. Why? Because Biden will try to take the failed policies of governors like Andrew Cuomo and impose them nationally.

Your 48-month projection of Biden's future economic success is hilarious.  Your projection of jobs that will be added during Biden's term would result in more people being employed than are in the workforce. That would require people like the Welfare King to "unretire" and rejoin the workforce. That is not going to happen.
Quooter was that a good jobs report that came out Friday ? Boy you sure missed that one but it shouldn't be of no surperise to anyone. I could be off a little on my projection but theirs one thing I am right about I am not going back to work.

Quooter this train is not going to shut down get off the track or get run over
TRT did you notice the S&P and Dow hits record high today ?

TRT did you take the Leader's advice and got out of the market after Biden won ? If you did your losing out on thousands.