Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region tournament
Well, now that Corbin got sent home by Jackson Co.—Jackson Co.!!!—it has definitely become Whitley’s tournament to lose. They play Knox Central Monday in one semi, with Jackson Co.-Middlesboro in the other. And (HCS) has there ever been a 13th region baseball tournament since the Laurels moved in that had a final four without at least one team from North, South, Corbin or Clay? I’d say not.
Congrats to Jackson County on their win and would love to see them make the finals on their home field.

Corbin had the easiest path to the finals with 3 of the top 4 teams in the other bracket, although t's not too surprising that Corbin lost as they have often underachieved under the current coach.
How would you rank the pitcher they started yesterday? Was he Corbin’s ace, or a little farther down the rotation?
(06-06-2021, 11:49 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: How would you rank the pitcher they started yesterday? Was he Corbin’s ace, or a little farther down the rotation?

He is not Corbin's #1, more like #3 or 4.
Whitley defeated Knox Central 8-5 in first semifinal tonight , I think this is correct score, if not I apologize.
That is correct. And Middlesboro over Jackson Co. 7-6 in other semi. Whitley-Middlesboro tonight, the Colonels won their regular season meeting 13-0.
Colonels! Colonels! Colonels!
Fell asleep before the 2nd game was over so had no clue who Whitley would be playing, should be a good game, best of luck to both teams. I watched the weather and I think this afternoon there is a very good chance a storm comes thru Jackson county tonight hopefully it will not be a lot of rain.
Good luck to the Colonels!
Hear finals have been moved to university of the Cumberlands at 9 tonight due to field conditions at Jackson county.
I wanted to go, but doesn't look like I'm going to get to. is it going to be on the radio? or live streamed?
(06-08-2021, 10:10 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I wanted to go, but doesn't look like I'm going to get to. is  it going to be on the radio? or live streamed?

Try 104.3, they did the district finals.
(06-08-2021, 10:39 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 10:10 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I wanted to go, but doesn't look like I'm going to get to. is  it going to be on the radio? or live streamed?

Try 104.3, they did the district finals.

I did, and only hear music Sad
Final
Whitley Co 16
Middlesboro 1
Whitley rolls 16-1. Is this their first ever regional title? They advance to play 16th region winner Raceland (31-7) In the semi-state. That game will be Saturday at 4:30 at Morehead St.
(06-09-2021, 07:08 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: Whitley rolls 16-1. Is this their first ever regional title? They advance to play 16th region winner Raceland (31-7) In the semi-state. That game will be Saturday at 4:30 at Morehead St. Yes. it was their first region title. Great to see them get the big win in Williamsburg.