Poll: Who wins this Pike Co Battle???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
73.56%
Pikeville
26.44%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Belfry
This is gonna be a very good game. Both teams are having great seasons, and both are doing real well on both sides of the ball. I'll make a prediction later. Good Luck to both teams.
Pikeville is very physical, but I believe turnovers will end up being the outcome. Should be one of the more evenly matched Pikeville-Belfry games of the last several years. Im gonna take Belfry 34-21..good luck to both teams, and it should be a good game..
I hope so. If Pikeville disappoints me then I'll have to wait until the JC game to see two closely matched teams battle it out for pride.
Belfry-45
Pikeville-14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
I'm gonna go with the Pirates in this one. The game will be closer than in years past. Good Luck to both.

Belfry- 28
Pikeville- 20
Belfry-28
Pikeville-14
Pikeville has a chance if....
1) they (especially Harmon- 5+ fumbles lost so far) can hold on to the football.
2) If Pikeville's coaches can control their emotional time bombs in this emotion packed game.

So, therefore, if Pikeville can limit their turnovers and keep their cool, they have a chance, if not, Belfry will beat them soundly..again!
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm gonna go with the Pirates in this one. The game will be closer than in years past. Good Luck to both.

Belfry- 28
Pikeville- 20

Than in years past?

Didn't last year's game come down to the final drive?
Panther1 Wrote:Than in years past?

Didn't last year's game come down to the final drive?

The poster said "years"... the four years or so before last years game Belfry had absolutely whipped Pikeville. Last year was a great game, and the only one that is relevant to discussing this game iMO.

In my honest opinion Belfry is 2-3 TD's better than Pikeville. Belfry is bigger on the line, more experienced on defense, more stable/balanced at the QB position, and just as talented, if not more, in the backfield. With that said, this game really is a tossup.

The Pirates have looked downright scary so far this year, but they also haven't been challenged aside from the Corbin game. Pikeville on the other hand has defeated Holy Cross and ashland (teams better than their records indicate) and actually played competitive against a LexCath team that is arguably the best team in 4A. Belfry is yet to have any weaknesses exposed thusfar, so consequently it's hard to improve on those facets when you can't idnetify what they are.

Last year was huge for Pikeville because it proved that they could still hang with the big Red, and as a Belfry fan I have no reservations saying that Belfry was fortunate to win that game.

What this years match up comes down to is quite simple: 1. Turnovers 2. Line Play 3. Tackling

IF Pikeville can do all the tings above, they can definately hang around in this game and defeat Belfry if the Pirates make mistakes... on the flip side... if Pikeville puts the ball on the ground in this one then this game could get REALLY ugly.
Belfry in a close one.
I take my pirates by 2 TDs, but if we play flat and Pikeville comes out fired up and executes then us Pond Creekers could be a sad bunch.

Honestly, I think this is the best Belfry TEAM in the last 5 years. But you can never just count out the Panthers.
im gonna take belfry by 3 in ot
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd love to see the defense hold Pikeville scoreless too.
I see it happening.
40+ to 7 [score on freshman late]

no one's scoring on us until Adam Dials comes.
I've watched both teams play and I'm neutral here...like kids on both sides, and both teams have excellent athletes. BUT, Pikeville can't beat Belfry. I think they will have a better showing than other Pike County teams, but Belfry's defense is just too much.

Good luck to the Panthers and the Pirates. Hope you have a great game and no one gets injured.
I say Belfry by 2 touchdowns ... I say Pikeville will score on the belfry D tho
Where's the game being played at?
Belfry better not come in cocky or they'll get beat.

Not sure whos got it but its going to be a 1 or 2 TD difference
By 2, and those Honaker boys better not be hitten anyone ILLEGALLY in the pile. The Refs already know bout you guys!!
I like Belfry in this one by 14.

Pirates-27
Panthers-13
I give the edge to Belfry at home...

Belfry-42
Pikeville -21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old School Wrote:Where's the game being played at?

BELFRY
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
footballfanatic Wrote:By 2, and those Honaker boys better not be hitten anyone ILLEGALLY in the pile. The Refs already know bout you guys!!

I ain't going to lie to you... it really scares me that either Elkins or May will get injured in this game against Pikeville. Think back to last season, nearly every play Pikeville had a player absolutely drilling Elkins. With May at FB he will be piled on every play, whether he is carrying the ball or inacting a playfake, and given some of the scenes of what certain Panthers do in the middle of the pile, it definately is a tangible concern.

I will not say that certain Panthers are dirty players or that Pikeville is a dirty team, but I will say that there are 3 different Panthers who have no idea of how to control their emotions, and the coaching staff is yet to show me that they can keep those players calm as well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I ain't going to lie to you... it really scares me that either Elkins or May will get injured in this game against Pikeville. Think back to last season, nearly every play Pikeville had a player absolutely drilling Elkins. With May at FB he will be piled on every play, whether he is carrying the ball or inacting a playfake, and given some of the scenes of what certain Panthers do in the middle of the pile, it definately is a tangible concern.

I will not say that certain Panthers are dirty players or that Pikeville is a dirty team, but I will say that there are 3 different Panthers who have no idea of how to control their emotions, and the coaching staff is yet to show me that they can keep those players calm as well.

This is a very emotional game, but I do agree that last year at Pikeville things were getting out of hand. Pikeville has a very nice team but their major downfall is personal attitude, but IMO that display of attitude falls back on the coach, unless the coach decides to take action, whether the player is a star or not.
From what I understand most people agree with the last two post and its sad because when someone is injured, sometimes it effects more than that particular game. It can effect these kids futures. Very immuture behavior. Some of last years behaviors was ridiculas and I couldn't believe it was allowed to continue. I dont care how good a player is, they need to be in control. Lets Pray all of these kids play ball with all their heart, but without injurys!
Pikeville is good, but Belfry is better, maybe the best team in the mountains. I'll take the Pirates by 2 TD's.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry - 21
Pikeville - 7
buddy jealousy gets you no where. You and I both know that the Honakers are 2 of the most hard hitters around

last year was 20 - 24 belfry. whos knows this year. Pikeville is alot better. maybe Belfry also
If...Then Wrote:buddy jealousy gets you no where. You and I both know that the Honakers are 2 of the most hard hitters around

last year was 20 - 24 belfry. whos knows this year. Pikeville is alot better. maybe Belfry also

If anything Belfry is the most improved of the two teams.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I will not say that certain Panthers are dirty players or that Pikeville is a dirty team, but I will say that there are 3 different Panthers who have no idea of how to control their emotions, and the coaching staff is yet to show me that they can keep those players calm as well.

Maybe you should make your way out to Pikeville's peactice and help the coaches out since they are doing such a bad job.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:From what I understand most people agree with the last two post and its sad because when someone is injured, sometimes it effects more than that particular game. It can effect these kids futures. Very immuture behavior. Some of last years behaviors was ridiculas and I couldn't believe it was allowed to continue. I dont care how good a player is, they need to be in control. Lets Pray all of these kids play ball with all their heart, but without injurys!
Are you seriously trying to imply that Pikeville is the sole cause of what happened last year? Lest we forget about the Belfry fans cussing at and calling the water girls from Pikeville derogatory names that I will not repeat. We also forget about the racial slurs that were thrown at the two Honaker boys all night. And what about the phone calls the two Honaker boys recieved the night before the game with the same slurs. I herad most if not all of these goings on with my own ears. So there is no speculation with my statement. As for the game this year I hope both sides can play an intense game without the slurs and extra cirricular activities. I expect to see a good game. Good luck Pikeville.