Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Top Running backs for 2021 season
Who are some of the top running backs this season.
Blake Birchfield - Pikeville
[-] The following 2 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
Isaac Dixon aka my pick for Mr. Football
Kaden Moorman Franklin County
Offers Wisconsin, toledo, UK
Harris Phelps - Paintsville High School
In 11 Games (sat a few games due to injury) he rushed for 1406 yards with a YPG avg. of 128 yards in his sophomore season. He was also named MVP of the 1A state championship game.
I would love to say Corbin Treyveon Longmire………….,,,, Just me thinking aloud. Lol
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
Dixon, Dixon, Dixon. Not sure if anyone else will match his numbers
Junior Jayden Lawson Simon Kenton 906 yards 8 tds as a Sophomore.
Xavier Brown LCA as a tailback and wide receiver - honestly all 6 skill positions for LCA are loaded and will be tough to prepare for. If you key on Brown who covers Moore. Oh and then you have Tyler Morris with 4.3 speed at 205#’s either coming to knock your head off or blow by you. He may have a lead block from Jeffery Selby 6’ 225 pure muscle and meaness lol. Factor in Frankie Knight, Parker Chaney and Riffle and DC’s have their hands full lol. If all else fails you have the states top returning QB either throwing or running.
DIXON-BELFRY
OPENED SOME EYES AT UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY CAMP
RAN A 4.3 40
WILL BE TOP BACK IN STATE OF KENTUCKY
GOOD KID
SMART KID
THINK HE WILL HAVE BELFRY BACK IN THE 3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
(06-22-2021, 08:19 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: DIXON-BELFRY
RAN A 4.3 40
GOOD KID
SMART KID
 Probably a stupid question, but was it laser timed?
(06-22-2021, 10:18 AM)king360 Wrote:
RAN A 4.3 40
GOOD KID
SMART KID
The article I read said he ran a 4.47...
He is a very good player and this will drive Belfry fans nuts, but the best player on the field on both sides of the ball in the Pikeville/Belfry game last year was Birchfield of Pikeville. Keep an eye on him this year for a huge breakout season...
(06-22-2021, 01:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
RAN A 4.3 40
GOOD KID
SMART KID
He is a very good player and this will drive Belfry fans nuts, but the best player on the field on both sides of the ball in the Pikeville/Belfry game last year was Birchfield of Pikeville. Keep an eye on him this year for a huge breakout season...

still pretty impressive lol
^^^Very
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • king360, PHS DYNASTY
(06-22-2021, 02:20 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Very
4.47 at UK 
4.42 at Miami (Oh)
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • jetpilot
Johnson Central's junior running back, Mason Lawson, should be among the top rushers this season. Last season, he ran for 812 yards and averaged 9.8 yards per carry. Dylan Preston, who rushed for 1,679 yards (11.5 yards/carry) last season graduated and Lawson should see a much heavier workload this year.
(06-15-2021, 02:16 AM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: Blake Birchfield - Pikeville
I was told yesterday that Blake Birchfield ran a 4.5 40 at camp last week. Don't know if it was laser timed or what but look for this kid to break some records this season.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
(06-22-2021, 07:31 PM)Gus McCrae Wrote:
I was told yesterday that Blake Birchfield ran a 4.5 40 at camp last week. Don't know if it was laser timed or what but look for this kid to break some records this season.
And if the Wright kid is healthy at RB it will be the best backfield east and south of Lexington...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
That’s the truth, and I’m a Belfry fan.

RAN A 4.3 40
GOOD KID
SMART KID

(06-23-2021, 02:01 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: That’s the truth, and I’m a Belfry fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • jetpilot
(06-22-2021, 06:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central's junior running back, Mason Lawson, should be among the top rushers this season. Last season, he ran for 812 yards and averaged 9.8 yards per carry. Dylan Preston, who rushed for 1,679 yards (11.5 yards/carry) last season graduated and Lawson should see a much heavier workload this year.
Not busting this kids bubble because i watched him play in person twice and he is a beast, however if preston is gone and i believe a few interior lineman as well (not for sure), can lawson step up as one of the best backs in the state. When everyone’s eyes are on one guy, preston, the others can shine as role players.

RAN A 4.3 40
GOOD KID
SMART KID

(06-23-2021, 03:19 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 06:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central's junior running back, Mason Lawson, should be among the top rushers this season. Last season, he ran for 812 yards and averaged 9.8 yards per carry. Dylan Preston, who rushed for 1,679 yards (11.5 yards/carry) last season graduated and Lawson should see a much heavier workload this year.
Not busting this kids bubble because i watched him play in person twice and he is a beast, however if preston is gone and i believe a few interior lineman as well (not for sure), can lawson step up as one of the best backs in the state. When everyone’s eyes are on one guy, preston, the others can shine as role players.

RAN A 4.3 40
GOOD KID
SMART KID

While Isaac McNamee is one of the states premier Qbs, and will certainly live up to that this season, i won't be surprised to see more of the run game. Panthers have very capable and proven receivers, there's no doubt. Just look at what Zack lockhart did last season as far as breaking some records. That's just one. But when you consider Blake Birchfield, Alex rogers, Brayden Thomas, and of course Carson Wright, then there's no doubt their talents will be put to good use. ( One note to make. Carson, from what i'm told may not be fully recovered until mid season to playoff.) But when he does return when he's fully healed, look for a beast in that Panther backfield. A good stable of rbs will surely see their time in the running game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
Kory Combs, incoming freshman from Breathitt county.
Good point Gus. I know coach Mac doesn't like to use Freshmen in varsity games with the starters, but there's one freshman coming in that is a stud RB. Cannot remember his name, and don't know how many reps he gets this season, but keep an eye on the future with this young man at PHS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^Check this out!

https://twitter.com/KYFUTURESTARS/status...3577639938
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
(06-24-2021, 06:00 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Check this out!

https://twitter.com/KYFUTURESTARS/status...3577639938
Thanks jp. That's the young man i'm referring to.  Like
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
(06-23-2021, 03:19 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
Johnson Central has always had a strong offensive line under Matney and I don't expect this season will be any different. Matney will do whatever it takes to get the ball to players who can make plays. With Grant Rice returning at quarterback and every running back who played significant minutes except for Preston returning, Lawson will put up big numbers if he stays healthy. JC's district has not been very strong, so it is very likely that Lawson will have a few games where he rushes for 200 yards or more.
Belfry’s Dixon will be a beast this year, but unless Belfry can find a fullback it could be a tuff season on pond creek. The whole offense starts with a good fullback, without that linebackers and safety’s can roam free and key on one player.

Any word on how the rest of the backfield may look for Belfry?
Isaiah Stanley will be the FB and he’s just going to be a freshman. He’s a great player and in all honesty he could’ve been the starting fullback last year as an 8th grader. That sounds unrealistic, but it’s the truth. He is and was physically mature enough to carry the load this time last year.
My honest opinion is if Dixon truly stayed back for a legit shot at a college scholarship then he needs to find an offense that could feature him in the slot. That’s his only shot to play at the next level. Just my opinion, could he play RB at the college level? Yeah it’s possible but his best opportunity with his size and quickness is to be in the slot. But hey I’m no college recruiter or coach. Just one mans opinion
Bradley McCracken County will be back.