Poll: Who's it going to be??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
42.31%
Knox Central
57.69%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Shelby Valley
What does everyone think about this one???
Hard to tell really, I think its one of those toss up games. Knox is a team that normally hasn't been that strong of a football team but last night they knock off a traditional strong football team in Rockcastle Co. It could've been a fluke win but I honestly couldn't tell you since I haven't seen them play. Does anyone know where the game is going to be at?
Game will be at Shelby Valley.

Knox Central seems to be a roll right now. I think they will be too much for Shelby Valley. Good Luck to both.

Knox Central- 42
Shelby Valley- 06
K-n-o-x!!!
Knox will win it..they proved they are a good team last night by whipping Rock..Knox 30-14
Knox Central
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley
Wow. I would also pick Knox to win, but with the game at Valley I think it will be much closer than some others think. Valley is good enough to keep this tight.

I'll take Knox by a TD in this one.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley
I believe Knox will knock them down
Knox
Knox appears to have a very strong defense. Should be a good test for Valley, who would have to be considered the underdog in this one.

Side note, I'm not sure why some people felt this was not a very tough game on a preseason thread discussing Valley's schedule. That shutout of Rockcastle should show everyone just how good this team really is.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow. I would also pick Knox to win, but with the game at Valley I think it will be much closer than some others think. Valley is good enough to keep this tight.
I'll take Knox by a TD in this one.
Just like they kept the Belfry game tight, right?
I'll take Knox Central by 3+ TD's.
Knox Central is very physical. They are winning with defense and only Bell Co. has been able to mount much of an offense against them. Offensively, they rely heavily on the run and try to be more physical than their opponnent. Passing game showed some improvement last week against a Rockcastle team that had packed everything in close to stop the run. Don't look for a high scoring game here.

What's the scoop on Shelby Valley?
More Cowbell Wrote:Knox appears to have a very strong defense. Should be a good test for Valley, who would have to be considered the underdog in this one.

Side note, I'm not sure why some people felt this was not a very tough game on a preseason thread discussing Valley's schedule. That shutout of Rockcastle should show everyone just how good this team really is.

Sadly, I think quite a few people confused Knox with Knott. Friday night is Valley's Homecoming. Don't teams usually schedule a team they are pretty sure to beat for Homecoming night? Seems as though even the coach got confused on that one.

But, good luck to the Wildcats. Play solid football and keep your mind in the game. Can't afford fumbles and stupid mistakes Friday. Go Cats!
Who is Knox Central's coach? Is is still Jay Cobb? Or am I confusing him with Knott Co.?

Edit: Never mind. I just read that Coach Cobb is at Somerset. I'm behind the times...
all-or-nothing Wrote:Who is Knox Central's coach? Is is still Jay Cobb? Or am I confusing him with Knott Co.?

Edit: Never mind. I just read that Coach Cobb is at Somerset. I'm behind the times...

Wayne Mills is the coach @ Knox Central.
After some what of a let down last week, even though they won, SV will be ready to play. They will also be fired up because its homecoming. SV wins !!!!!

SV: 36
KNOX: 18
Regardless of what much of you all think this will be a close game. McCreary Central was only down 12-6 with 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter at KNOX. Several questionable calls blew the game open. Rockcastle is not it's normal self this year. Leslie beat McCreary for crying out loud. If McCreary keeps it close at KNOX then S.V. will be in this game and have a good shot at winning it.
formerallamerican11 Wrote:Regardless of what much of you all think this will be a close game. McCreary Central was only down 12-6 with 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter at KNOX. Several questionable calls blew the game open. Rockcastle is not it's normal self this year. Leslie beat McCreary for crying out loud. If McCreary keeps it close at KNOX then S.V. will be in this game and have a good shot at winning it.

I think most would agree that Rock at less than "normal" is still better than most teams. Also, I don't see what it matters that Leslie beat McCreary since Knox beat Leslie 46-0 and MCC 32-6.
Don't know if you ever played at KNOX before but you get some homefield advantage. Anyway what I was saying is they beat two terrible teams and one Rock at home. Both road games they lost. This game is at S.V. and it's homecoming. I'll still say S.V. wins.
I'll pick Knox in a close one.
The only way Valley wins this one is with the officials help and from what i hear, they(the refs) don't care much for Saunders language or behavior on the sidelines.

KNOX 35
SV 20
From the comments, looks like this game is going to be more interesting than I thought.