Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Paintsville
Prestonsburg will travel to Paintsville this upcoming Friday night. The Blackcats come into the game 4-1, the Tigers come into the game 4-0. The Blackcats are coming off of there 51-6 beating they gave to Morgan County and the Tigers are coming off the 54-18 beating they gave Betsy Layne. This will be Paintsville first real test, and I think the Blackcats will win this one big. They are too strong, and have too much speed for the Tigers this year.

Prestonsburg- 42
Paintsville- 14
Paintsville will play hard, but will take a loss in this one.
Prestonsburg 44
Paintsville 14
Prestonsburg
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wouldn't say that P-Burg has too much speed. Cause the one thing the Tigers do have lots of is speed. True that this is the Tigers first test this season. Just hope the Tigers can stay in it and give themselves at least a chance. Just hope the Tigers can stay healthy for the playoffs, through this last Brutal half of the season. Good Luck Tigers!
I just hope the line gives the backs some holes to run through. Mix in a few quick passes to keep Pburg's offense off the field and the chains moving. If the Tigers can control the clock, limit mistakes, have no blown coverages, and make sure they grab cloth when trying to tackle someone just long enough to get help from the other guys then I like their chances. Even if they get beat on the deep ball, stay at it. Get an interference cal if you have to, its a lot better to give up just 15 yards compared to 6-8 points. Just make Pburg continue to snap the ball because anything can happen on the next play. I agree, the last 6 games on the Tigers schedule are going to be tough but they have to continue to step it up a notch each week and that time starts now. They need to have a good solid week of practice, not look forward to their next game by getting caught up in the traditional festivities of Apple Day and get that 4-0 start out of their head. Best of luck Paintsville.
its going to be a huge test for us. the first 4 games were getting us ready. and we just need to come out ready to play and not thinking they will walk all over us. but it be a rough, and physical game for sure. and this is the first test of the season. but best of luck to both teams
Paintsville in a nail biter.
im going to say paintsville by a few
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Should be a good game, if Paintsville comes out and plays hard for 4 quarters, I think they can pull this one out.
Paintsville-34
Prestonsburg-28
Pburg is good, no doubts there, but so is Paintsville. I don't think it'll be a nail biter, but Pburg's starters won't come out until late in the 4thQ, if at all. I give Pburg a 2TD advantage, maybe 3, but if they play flat and Paintsville executes and plays with emotion, then I can definitely see a potential upset.
p burg by 2+ touchdowns
This game will help everyone gauge just how good Paintsville is this year, so far they are 4-0 with convincing wins over Phelps, Allen Central, and Betsy Layne and a hard fought win over South Floyd. Paintsville's has a tough schedule for the second half of the season, playing JC, Raceland, Pikeville, Pike County Central and Sheldon Clark. I think either a close game or a win against Prestonsburg would really help this teams attitude heading into the second half of the season, or where a blow out could send them on a downhill course.
This will be a huge test for Paintsville after their "cake" games are over. I am curious to see how the Tigers handle the pressure of P-Burg's blitz oriented defense. If the Tigers don't come to play it has potential to get bad.

My Predictions
P-Burg-50
Paintsville-6
P-burg by 2 touchdowns
1911 Wrote:This will be a huge test for Paintsville after their "cake" games are over. I am curious to see how the Tigers handle the pressure of P-Burg's blitz oriented defense. If the Tigers don't come to play it has potential to get bad.

My Predictions
P-Burg-50
Paintsville-6

That could happen, we all know how Coach D likes to run the score up on teams if he is able to.Rolleyes But I really look for Paintsville to make a game of this. Win, lose, or draw they will do their best to keep it close enough to have a shot at winning the game towards the end.
GRIZZ Wrote:That could happen, we all know how Coach D likes to run the score up on teams if he is able to.Rolleyes But I really look for Paintsville to make a game of this. Win, lose, or draw they will do their best to keep it close enough to have a shot at winning the game towards the end.

This game will not be close. Paintsville's 4-0 at this point, this team won't win another game this year. The 4 wins come from teams that has a combined record of 4-14.
This game will be ugly, but not as ugly as their next game against JC. And it dosen't get very much better for the Tigers as the season goes on. Their only hope for a win in the second half of the season is Pike Central. Without a week off to try and get your players some rest and have some of your injuries heal, the tigers end the season with Sheldon Clark. This team takes no prisoners. I think SC will score at will on the defensless Tigers.
My prediction 4-6 season but maybe going into the second round of the playoff's because of the weak district.
kyrifle Wrote:This game will not be close. Paintsville's 4-0 at this point, this team won't win another game this year. The 4 wins come from teams that has a combined record of 4-14.
This game will be ugly, but not as ugly as their next game against JC. And it dosen't get very much better for the Tigers as the season goes on. Their only hope for a win in the second half of the season is Pike Central. Without a week off to try and get your players some rest and have some of your injuries heal, the tigers end the season with Sheldon Clark. This team takes no prisoners. I think SC will score at will on the defensless Tigers.
My prediction 4-6 season but maybe going into the second round of the playoff's because of the weak district.

Blah, Blah, Blah. No one really cares if they get beat, everyone that I know is just hoping they can keep it close. Whether they do or not, its no big deal. Why don't you wait to hold the SC comments until the last week of the regular season.
I think Paintsville's got a chance with their speed, I just don't know about the O-line.
good look to both teams
P-Burg-45
Paintsville-28

I would love to see the tigers win this game!
I think the difference in this game will come down to two things. Coaching and the Quarterbacks play. This is where is see p-burg winning this game because Derosset is a much better coach than Coach Allen and Bobby Hughes is a better athlete and player than Vanhoose. I think it will still be a close game but at the end of the game I look to hear HAIL BLACKCATS!!!
1911 Wrote:This will be a huge test for Paintsville after their "cake" games are over. I am curious to see how the Tigers handle the pressure of P-Burg's blitz oriented defense. If the Tigers don't come to play it has potential to get bad.

My Predictions
P-Burg-50
Paintsville-6

"cake"? They have NO CHOICE but to play those teams. They're in their District.
OffTheHook Wrote:"cake"? They have NO CHOICE but to play those teams. They're in their District.

What would you call them? Let me re-word my previous statement. "They have just finished the brutal portion of their District schedule." I along with every other person in EKY is aware that they have no choice but to play them but that doesn't change the fact that year in year out you can mark those games down for a W. Really not understanding the purpose of your post:confused:
Should be a very good game. I dont know much about either team so a score prediction would be a complete shot in the dark, but I look foward to the outcome
DB3 Wrote:its going to be a huge test for us. the first 4 games were getting us ready. and we just need to come out ready to play and not thinking they will walk all over us. but it be a rough, and physical game for sure. and this is the first test of the season. but best of luck to both teams
What exactly is Phelps, South Floyd, Allen Central, and Betsy Layne getting you ready for?
This could be the beginning of 6 straight losses for the Tigers.
I'll take P-burg 35-14.
bigpun Wrote:What exactly is Phelps, South Floyd, Allen Central, and Betsy Layne getting you ready for?

Paintsville had the opportunity to work on ALOT of things against those teams. It was a chance to get a first year QB in sync before the toughest part of the schedule. It was a chance to get alot of the younger guys to get some experience. Those games helped the Tigers out alot.
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville had the opportunity to work on ALOT of things against those teams. It was a chance to get a first year QB in sync before the toughest part of the schedule. It was a chance to get alot of the younger guys to get some experience. Those games helped the Tigers out alot.

I think you're going to discover that playing those 4 teams to open the season not only doesn't help your team, but is a recipe for disaster. I hope I'm wrong, but I see Paintsville losing the rest of their regular season games, and in a big way.
jetpilot Wrote:I think you're going to discover that playing those 4 teams to open the season not only doesn't help your team, but is a recipe for disaster. I hope I'm wrong, but I see Paintsville losing the rest of their regular season games, and in a big way.

I know all about playin those teams, had to when I was in high school. It's a plus to get the young kids alot of playin time incase they have to be put in the game later in the season agains the much tougher competition. Paintsville has a first year QB (he took a few snaps 2 years ago, but not many) that has built alot of confidence the last few weeks which could be a big plus. I don't think Paintsville is one bit over confident, they know what road they got ahead of them, they know they are gonna have to play at their best to be competitive.
I would hate to be Paintsville come Friday. Prestonsburg came out against Morgan County and didn't think that the Cougars would be able to play with them, and no one decided they were gonna play to there full potential, and now they are paying for it in this week practices. So look for them to take out some anger and execute very well come Friday.