4. Breathitt Co.
5. Corbin
6. Pulaski Co.
7. Pikeville
8. Hazard
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Prestonsburg
Once again the Top 10 looks pathetic!:confused:
where is Letcher Co. Central with a 4-1 record and also being #1 in district. They cant be seen in no top 10 or anything. Except on khsaa.com they are listed at like number 5 in class 5A.
Russell should be in the top 5 or better.
khsaa.org just lists all the teams in 5A by their record not meaning their actual state ranking. I'm not sure of their Lit. ranking but last I saw they were somewhere in between 25-30 in the state. LCC will be in there but they need to not get down to teams early and put a good butt kicking on someone. Last night they were down at home to an 0-4 North Laurel at the half, but come out and score like 21 points in the 3rd to take the win. At Clay they were also down at half but come back after the cameras left to cut into the 30 something to 7 Clay County lead and eventually winning.
ok my bad i didnt know that is how KHSAA listed them.... but that is still good to be like 25-30 in the state..... Expecially for a team thats only been a team for 4 seasons....
cougar_54 Wrote:ok my bad i didnt know that is how KHSAA listed them.... but that is still good to be like 25-30 in the state..... Expecially for a team thats only been a team for 4 seasons....

It is good that you are in the upper half of 5A.
First, letcher central is 29 out of 37 teams in the class 5-a in the cantrell rankings and 22 out of 37 in class 5-a in the lit rankings. They are not 29th overall in the state. Now, if the win out, then they might move into the top 15 in 5a, but not the state.
cougar_54 Wrote:where is Letcher Co. Central with a 4-1 record and also being #1 in district. They cant be seen in no top 10 or anything. Except on khsaa.com they are listed at like number 5 in class 5A.

And exactly which team would you drop out of the Top 10 to move LCC into it?

Hazard has already spanked the Cougars on their homefield...

Sheldon Clark is 5-0....

Prestonsburg has been dominant aside from losing a nailbiter on the road to #4 Breathitt County...
i really dont know but we should atleast recieve votes.....Clay Co. recieved 6 votes and we beat Clay at the Tiger Den... Does Leslie Co have a winning record?
KYcoalminer Wrote:First, letcher central is 29 out of 37 teams in the class 5-a in the cantrell rankings and 22 out of 37 in class 5-a in the lit rankings. They are not 29th overall in the state. Now, if the win out, then they might move into the top 15 in 5a, but not the state.

That's kinda what I was trying to say, but I didn't have a copy of the Courier-Journal right in front of me to get the exact position. I knew they were in the upper 20's in the poll that they normally publish every Tuesday or Wednesday.
cougar_54 Wrote:where is Letcher Co. Central with a 4-1 record and also being #1 in district. They cant be seen in no top 10 or anything. Except on khsaa.com they are listed at like number 5 in class 5A.

Letcher could not beat anyone in the top 10 and a few of them would spank them badly.......

That schedule also looks weak....
BurntTires Wrote:Russell should be in the top 5 or better.

They don't generally consider teams from that area for the top 10. They only rank teams from their viewing area, which is mainly just the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions, with a smidgen of the 12th. That is why Russell is not ranked.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think everyone is where they need to be