Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened at Murray High?
Heard Coach Hodge and his DC have quit to take jobs in Tenn.  Surprising so late in the summer.  Wonder why?  and who do they turn to?  I know they have some veteran assistant coaches who could step in if needed but I wonder if they would want it?  

Likely some of the guys,who apply for every decent job, call Murray and ask if they can get jobs for their wife and not have to teach any classes and then if they get offered turn it down will be applying.

I love professional applicants.  LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghostofjoey's post:
  • FCSPY
(06-19-2021, 10:16 AM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: Heard Coach Hodge and his DC have quit to take jobs in Tenn.  Surprising so late in the summer.  Wonder why?  and who do they turn to?  I know they have some veteran assistant coaches who could step in if needed but I wonder if they would want it?  

Likely some of the guys,who apply for every decent job, call Murray and ask if they can get jobs for their wife and not have to teach any classes and then if they get offered turn it down will be applying.

I love professional applicants.  LOL

Coach Hodge left to go back to his old school he was at before he was at Murry (hes from that area I believe.)  The DC got a head coaching job in TN as well.  The timing of it sucks but at the same time, the jobs in TN just came open in early June.  They will be missed at Murray no doubt.
Murray is indeed a Mecca of highschool sports!
Probably a good hire considering the timing of the situation. Honestly, I think Bowling is an upgrade.
Hodge went back to Dresden, where he has some success a few years ago (Dresser Wynn years). Not sure why he left Murray, but he will be missed there. My son put in for transfer to Murray (from Calloway) to play for Hodge. Good overall coach and great offensive mind.

Bowling is solid, an outstanding hire. Murray takes their football seriously when it comes to hiring coaches.