• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
End of times
I post this on the political threads because our "leaders" and their blind followers, plus many other things, show us every day we are getting close to the end of times. I have no idea how long the end of times lasts until it's all over, but you should educate yourselves and plan accordingly. Educate yourselves about the tribulation and the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Dr. David Jeremiah is a guy I have learned a lot from over the years. He is a great teacher and is on History Channel at 6:30 every morning during the week and on Lifetime Channel at 8:30 on Sundays. I have read many of his books also. Very educational.

I would like to hear from TRT and Hoot on this. Libs on here will poison this thread with their ignorance. Don't bother libs, you haven't been told what to think about this by your liberal brainwashing TVs.

This was Dr. Jeremiah's message today. I am studying this now.

https://www.davidjeremiah.org/television...2021-06-25
"Think of how many religions attempt to validate themselves with prophecy. Think of how many people rely on these prophecies, however vague, however unfulfilled, to support or prop up their beliefs. Yet has there ever been a religion with the prophetic accuracy and reliability of science? "   ---  Carl Sagan
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(06-26-2021, 12:02 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I post this on the political threads because our "leaders" and their blind followers, plus many other things, show us every day we are getting close to the end of times. I have no idea how long the end of times lasts until it's all over, but you should educate yourselves and plan accordingly. Educate yourselves about the tribulation and the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Dr. David Jeremiah is a guy I have learned a lot from over the years. He is a great teacher and is on History Channel at 6:30 every morning during the week and on Lifetime Channel at 8:30 on Sundays. I have read many of his books also. Very educational.

I would like to hear from TRT and Hoot on this. Libs on here will poison this thread with their ignorance. Don't bother libs, you haven't been told what to think about this by your liberal brainwashing TVs.

Jet this guy net worth is around $50 million how much have you donated.
You guys are pitiful. I feel sorry for you.
(06-26-2021, 02:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: "Think of how many religions attempt to validate themselves with prophecy. Think of how many people rely on these prophecies, however vague, however unfulfilled, to support or prop up their beliefs. Yet has there ever been a religion with the prophetic accuracy and reliability of science? "   ---  Carl Sagan
Yet there is zero "science" to explain how we are here and all this was created. You can keep on going with some magic "big boom" which came out of nowhere, or we used to be apes but we don't know where apes come from, and on and on. Incredible how dumb so many people who think they are so smart really are.
(06-26-2021, 08:38 AM)jetpilot Wrote: You guys are pitiful. I feel sorry for you.
Jet did you donated to him ?
(06-26-2021, 08:15 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 12:02 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I post this on the political threads because our "leaders" and their blind followers, plus many other things, show us every day we are getting close to the end of times. I have no idea how long the end of times lasts until it's all over, but you should educate yourselves and plan accordingly. Educate yourselves about the tribulation and the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Dr. David Jeremiah is a guy I have learned a lot from over the years. He is a great teacher and is on History Channel at 6:30 every morning during the week and on Lifetime Channel at 8:30 on Sundays. I have read many of his books also. Very educational.

Of course all this went so far over your head you are completely unable to grasp any of it.
I can't tell you how many times I've studied the book of Revelation. My interpretation/understanding of this book has changed over the years; and I'm not confident to take a teaching capacity with it.

One thing that hasn't changed in my years of living is the belief that two people can read the same passage, get two different interpretations and both be correct. I believe a passage can mean different things for different people. It all depends on your individual need.

My belief isn't a popular one.
(06-26-2021, 02:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: "Think of how many religions attempt to validate themselves with prophecy. Think of how many people rely on these prophecies, however vague, however unfulfilled, to support or prop up their beliefs. Yet has there ever been a religion with the prophetic accuracy and reliability of science? "   ---  Carl Sagan

Matt 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Carl Sagan tried to use science to disprove creation. Ironically while rejecting Christ as Savior, he chose instead to believe the exploding rock theory, or the Big Bang. I believe every word in Scripture was put there for profound reasons---

Christ is referred to as the Chief Cornerstone; and His followers will build their lives on Him---
Ephesians 2:19-22
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

So mankind have a dilemma here. Do they believe in an exploding rock or the Rock of Ages? As I said every word in Scripture has profound meaning and application. Men, the lost, will be ashamed in the day Christ is revealed as they realize like Sagan surely has, the absurdity of attributing their existence to that which was made, (the universe) rather than He Who made all those things. It is therefore no small irony that man would get his 'rocks' confused.

But Sagan gives us even further insight as to the folly of men's thoughts regarding his observations about the universe. Bible scholars say there are about 1800 prophecies recorded in the Bible. And like Sagan, this is where the greatest secular minds have focused their attack. Never once, even using terabytes of computer cross referencing power, have any of them been able to find a single chink. Prophecy does prove the Scripture. But in addition than that, men know instinctively in their hearts that time is short.

Romans chapter 1 TLB
As the Scripture says it, “The man who finds life will find it through trusting God.”*

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively; God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(06-26-2021, 08:46 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Of course all this went so far over your head you are completely unable to grasp any of it.
Jet my OPINION this guy is making a lot of money off people like you give it to the local churches would help out a lot more but this is just MY OPINION. P.S. won't be long he will be asking for a private jet.
(06-26-2021, 08:52 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: I can't tell you how many times I've studied the book of Revelation.  My interpretation/understanding of this book has changed over the years; and I'm not confident to take a teaching capacity with it.

One thing that hasn't changed in my years of living is the belief that two people can read the same passage, get two different interpretations and both be correct.  I believe a passage can mean different things for different people.  It all depends on your individual need.

My belief isn't a popular one.
What belief is the popular one and who cares what is popular? It doesn't really matter at all what anyone believes, you either believe the Bible or don't. I agree two people can interpret differently but you either believe the Bible is the word of God or you don't, right?
(06-26-2021, 08:53 AM)vector#1 Wrote:

Jet my OPINION this guy is making a lot of money off people like you give it to the local churches would help out a lot more but this is just MY OPINION. P.S. won't be long he will be asking for a private jet.
You don't know what he does with money and you aren't offended by Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi or Bernie Sanders having 5 houses so as usual you are making zero sense. Worse, you offer nothing in the discussion of the thread topic.
(06-26-2021, 09:07 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-26-2021, 08:53 AM)vector#1 Wrote:

You don't know what he does with money and you aren't offended by Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi or Bernie Sanders having 5 houses so as usual you are making zero sense. Worse, you offer nothing in the discussion of the thread topic.
Jet so if some democrats have 5 houses it's BAD but if your KING has 5 houses it's GOOD in my OPINION you are a HYPOCRITE.
^^^Still nothing on the thread topic. You are a total waste of time, as usual and just as expected. Back on ignore where you belong.
Where was this end of times talk when we were mired in 2020?

This BS is similar to the fake debt outrage when a Democrat is elected. It’s selective political hacktivism fed to a death cult.

Hell, @jetpilot weren’t you and Catturd the most vocal critics of the Pandemic— a literal plague that would qualify as one of the four horseman of the Apocalypse?
Where was your end of times mumbo jumbo then?
Predicting the end of times is an almost annual crackpot event...  AND a very lucrative one!    Religions and religious leaders make big money stoking fear among vulnerable folks wanting so much to believe in their Lord's imminent return(and I'm not referring to Trump returning to the throne in August).  It would take hours just to discuss all the times the Latter Day Saints and the Jehovah's Witnesses have failed in their doomsday predictions. I'm saddened that even some of our BGR  residents have bought into(and probably contributed $$$$ to) this end of times fear-mongering racquet.
(06-26-2021, 10:12 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Where was this end of times talk when we were mired in 2020?

This BS is similar to the fake debt outrage when a Democrat is elected.  It’s selective political hacktivism fed to a death cult. 

Hell, @jetpilot weren’t you and Catturd the most vocal critics of the Pandemic— a literal plague that would qualify as one of the four horseman of the Apocalypse?

You know full well it is not mumbo jumbo. To recap---
Romans 1
18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively; God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.

Some people sort of whistle past the graveyard with regard to what's soon to come. So soon in fact, like the blowing wind and dark clouds that precede a storm, we have what I believe to be the leading indicator of the end forming under our noses as we speak. Globalism. But where some whistle past the graveyard, others cuss a little and try to act much tougher than they could ever actually be. I would add this; The Apostle John was the brother of Jesus. And yet when John saw his brother the Lord Jesus in His glorified state, even he fell at His feet as if dead.

Revelation chapter 1
17When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last,
and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

I fully expected you to come out spitting on this one and you never fail to disappoint Cardfan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • jetpilot
(06-26-2021, 11:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Predicting the end of times is an almost annual crackpot event...  AND a very lucrative one!    Religions and religious leaders make big money stoking fear among vulnerable folks wanting so much to believe in their Lord's imminent return(and I'm not referring to Trump returning to the throne in August).  It would take hours just to discuss all the times the Latter Day Saints and the Jehovah's Witnesses have failed in their doomsday predictions. I'm saddened that even some of our BGR  residents have bought into(and probably contributed $$$$ to) this end of times fear-mongering racquet.

Incredibly albeit errantly, as big as you are on cult identification, you cite two cults to bolster your false claims as to God's own Word. Other than cultists like Marshall Applewhite, NOBODY has predicted THE day of the end. But God's people WILL, and I submit in fact do, know when the end is near.
Matt chap 24
32“Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near;
33so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door.
34“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

To develop the end-of-time point adequately would require one to dedicate himself fully to understanding the historical and the prophetic texts in Scripture accurately juxtapositioned against history and current events. But even that is not a problem in that the information was included in Scripture. But rest assured, once the cascade starts it takes less than a generation for everything apocalyptic to unfold. So for those who warn and for those who blow off those warnings, both's words will still be hanging in the air as the end comes. This argument will culminate rather quickly.
2 Pet 3:4
They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

AFWIW, When John fell at the Lord's feet it wasn't than he was bowing quickly in homage, he literally lost consciousness and collapsed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(06-26-2021, 10:12 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Where was this end of times talk when we were mired in 2020?

This BS is similar to the fake debt outrage when a Democrat is elected.  It’s selective political hacktivism fed to a death cult. 

^^^idiot

This isn't about Democrats or Republicans fool.

Not one original thought or idea by these brain-dead liberals. In fact there is nowhere you can go where they won't infect and spread their stink and craziness.
@TheRealThing
I knew you would be salivating over anything to do with rooting for doomsday.
I’ll give you credit, at least you’re somewhat consistent with your nonsense. Old JP on the other hand was doing a lot of whistling past the graveyard last year.

This globalism you speak of …think about how many times we have gone beyond the previous trade and leadership and the world United by one nation? How many times have humans United what they thought was the world at that time? Why didn’t the apocalypse happen then?

Revelations had been written?
No one thought to say to Columbus, “don’t get on that ship, because we may unite the Globe and it’s all over!”

P.s.

Why is this one of the few parts of Christianity you hang your hat on? You ain’t about much of that love your neighbor stuff.
(06-26-2021, 11:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Predicting the end of times is an almost annual crackpot event...  AND a very lucrative one!    Religions and religious leaders make big money stoking fear among vulnerable folks wanting so much to believe in their Lord's imminent return(and I'm not referring to Trump returning to the throne in August).  It would take hours just to discuss all the times the Latter Day Saints and the Jehovah's Witnesses have failed in their doomsday predictions. I'm saddened that even some of our BGR  residents have bought into(and probably contributed $$$$ to) this end of times fear-mongering racquet.
No one is predicting anything. Your reading comprehension skills are very poor. Of course the intellectually lazy and crazy liberals on here are triggered with the mere mention of God. But preach some more to us how Carl Sagan can explain how we got here.

Mind-numbingly stupid yet bat-sh!t crazy.
JP, I have not finished watching the video but I finish watching it later today. As somebody who tries to keep up with the theories advanced by theoretical physicists, I may have a little different take on Revelations. I do not see any conflict between real science and Christianity. If one accepts God as being almighty, then the physical laws that governed the creation process were written by Him. I think many people do not take into account the ability for the audience of Biblical teachings thousands of years ago to understand the science behind the creation of the universe. 

The theories of modern day scientists, including the Big Bang theory, require a great deal of faith on those who believe such theories to be true. Scientists will never be able to prove how the universe was created and Biblical scripture cannot be cited literally to disprove scientific theories. Modern scientists have no problem accepting that belief in God requires faith, but many of them forget that it takes faith to believe in many scientific theories as well. 

Those who do not understand science, particularly atheists seeking something to validate their beliefs, attempt to use scientific theories to disprove the existence of God. I believe that to be a fool's errand and there is no shortage of fools in this world. There are relatively few people in this world that understand modern theoretical physics well enough to explain the theories to the rest of us. Those who attempt to support atheistic beliefs with science are fools who rarely understand the nature of physics or religion.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot
(06-26-2021, 01:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

^^^idiot

Not one original thought or idea by these brain-dead liberals. In fact there is nowhere you can go where they won't infect and spread their stink and craziness.
So where were you last year when you were strutting around talking about tough guys not wearing masks and the libtards and the fake plague?

If this wasn’t a political hack’s idea a good post to feed to simps and it was your original idea then you would have been shivering and slobbering last year waiting for the end of the world. 

but you weren’t…sooooo…

^^^idiot

"You don't know what he does with money and you aren't offended by Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi or Bernie Sanders having 5 houses so as usual you are making zero sense. Worse, you offer nothing in the discussion of the thread topic."
Jet in my OPINION you are the FOOL and a IDIOT you are the one who first brought Republicans and Democrats into this or should I say just Democrats. What a FOOL
(06-26-2021, 01:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: JP, I have not finished watching the video but I finish watching it later today. As somebody who tries to keep up with the theories advanced by theoretical physicists, I may have a little different take on Revelations. I do not see any conflict between real science and Christianity. If one accepts God as being almighty, then the physical laws that governed the creation process were written by Him. I think many people do not take into account the ability for the audience of Biblical teachings thousands of years ago to understand the science behind the creation of the universe. 

The theories of modern day scientists, including the Big Bang theory, require a great deal of faith on those who believe such theories to be true. Scientists will never be able to prove how the universe was created and Biblical scripture cannot be cited literally to disprove scientific theories. Modern scientists have no problem accepting that belief in God requires faith, but many of them forget that it takes faith to believe in many scientific theories as well. 

Those who do not understand science, particularly atheists seeking something to validate their beliefs, attempt to use scientific theories to disprove the existence of God. I believe that to be a fool's errand and there is no shortage of fools in this world. There are relatively few people in this world that understand modern theoretical physics well enough to explain the theories to the rest of us. Those who attempt to support atheistic beliefs with science are fools who rarely understand the nature of physics or religion.
Perfectly stated. Those who believe the "sCiEnCe" are putting their FAITH in theories that can never be proven, yet they scoff at religious faith.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Granny Bear
Jet in my OPINION if his net worth is around $50 million that usually means he has still got it.
(06-26-2021, 01:15 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

^^^idiot

So where were you last year when you were strutting around talking about tough guys not wearing masks and the libtards and the fake plague?

If this wasn’t a political hack’s idea a good post to feed to simps and it was your original idea then you would have been shivering and slobbering last year waiting for the end of the world. 

but you weren’t…sooooo…
I'm not waiting for the end of the world now either you brainwashed fool. I'm studying the Bible.
Who knew crazy liberals would stink up this thread and not even address the thread title?
(06-26-2021, 01:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Who knew crazy liberals would stink up this thread and not even address the thread title?
Jet you are the crazy GQP who brought politics into this thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(06-26-2021, 01:11 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: @TheRealThing
I knew you would be salivating over anything to do with rooting for doomsday. 
I’ll give you credit, at least you’re somewhat consistent with your nonsense. Old JP on the other hand was doing a lot of whistling past the graveyard last year.

This globalism you speak of …think about how many times we have gone beyond the previous trade and leadership and the world United by one nation?  How many times have humans United what they thought was the world at that time?  Why didn’t the apocalypse happen then? 

Revelations had been written?
No one thought to say to Columbus, “don’t get on that ship, because we may unite the Globe and it’s all over!” 

P.s.

Why is this one of the few parts of Christianity you hang your hat on?  You ain’t about much of that love your neighbor stuff.

So what did it take, two posts for you to try to make it personal? This globalism I speak of; there has never been a time when men willingly submitted themselves to any kind of world government. Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander the Great, Rome, all are examples of Empires that conquered and dominated the world. But those people were oppressed. This time it's much different in that men far and wide unite willingly under a world government. And that world government will be controlled by one man--- Antichrist. That's when you can really get up on your high horse about slavery if you'd dare.

If I don't warn you and others I happen across of what's coming, then to some degree your blood is on my, (the Church's) head. But if I warn you and you predictably blow off that warning, it's all on you. I am to warn you, not slobber on you. And forgive me but it's not revelations, it's The Revelation To John
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 2 users Like TheRealThing's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot
  • 1(current)
  • Next